New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
OK, those wooden cases are too freaking cool. I love the idea of putting the LE in a special case like that. The only thing I would suggest is maybe putting in a small relief where the label is to be placed, and similar to a normal MVS cart, so the cart sticker is flush. I think those look amazing.

I agree a small recess in the top for the label would make it look a lot better.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
We order the carts in a couple of weeks. Until then the specs are still open. But it will be in the range of Metal Slug 1. Doesn't sound much on first glance, but it more then enough for such a game.
Meanwhile Rafael Dyll finished the OST and beta testing will start this month too.

The regular edition for MVS will be available for pre order soonish. We are just waiting to get the new kit boxes in.

Pre orders of the AES version start after we shipped Gunlord AES. Genzoman is making the cover for the Japanese AES cart :drool:

Will you allow XYX MVS preorder customers to choose the color of wooden cart shell they want? I have an ash black AI CMVS slim so I want to be sure to get an ash cart shell. Thanks.

Also +1 for recessing on the wooden shells. That's something to mention to AI though, not NG Dev team.

BTW I'm happy about the wood carts.

It would be nice if you did a limited release of the older titles with wooden cart shells as well, so we could have some uniformity in our collections.

Lastly, I'm happy the XYX LE kit this includes the shockbox AND the kit box. Was quite bummed when Gunlord LE had no option for both like future and previous releases. I collect complete kits with boxes, which I have stored. I have the carts themselves in shockboxes on the shelf so I can access them to play easier.

Again, just a matter of uniformity. Really strange to have a box for all NG Dev releases, but none for Gunlord.

Anyway great work guys. Not complaining just putting my two cents in since you wanted feedback!

Last edited:

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
Pre orders of the AES version start after we shipped Gunlord AES. Genzoman is making the cover for the Japanese AES cart :drool:

Wow that is great news. But how about Last Hope: Pink Bullets? Will this game ever see an AES release?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Need to be able to choose which wood cart you want. Or make them all ash cause that is what i have ;)

westtrade

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
The XYX LE wood carts look good NG Dev. I will take mine in oak please. :-)

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
The only real thing that stood out to me as being off re: these wooden MVS carts, is the lack of the required recess whereby the label sits within. Looks a wee bit naff just glued on the top... in my opinion :)

I have to admit on the pictures it looks like a recess is needed, but seeing it in person, I would say it isn't. The stickers are 0,10 mm thick. But on the photos they look like 1 mm thick. That's 10 times more. The white back of the sticker make this even worse in the scaled down pics.
But I will talk about that with AI. We still have a month or so to tinker with those...

Great to see this! I ordered the XYX MVS LE - Gamecenter Kit / Shockbox LE - x 1

I have been very disappointed when looking at other purchase options (like the DC ZAIKUSU version) and how those people get a cool T-shirt, soundtrack, and extras... while the early adopters (like me for MVS) and more expensive orders don't get anything except the game :(

Well, I stand corrected now... those wooden carts are BADASS. Thanks for this.

Yeah, I have read your comments. T-shirts are quite expensive to make and we have no experience with those. Maybe we add an option later after the DC version shipped to make those available to AES and MVS customers.

Any option(s) to send back previously released LE MVS carts for wooden shell conversions? (Last Hope, Fast Striker, and Gunlord)

We currently have a lot on the plate, but I think we will make conversion kits available at later point.

Edit: Also, like the planned Omega shells, I imagine these too can be opened for updates without damaging the label? :) Looks like it. I don't see a split at all in the wood.

Yes updates are no problem, in fact it's even better with the wood shells. Those can be opened without creasing the label!

Will you allow XYX MVS preorder customers to choose the color of wooden cart shell they want?

We are thinking about it. Default will be black shells. But we need to figure out the exact details with AI. If someone doesn't want a wooden shell, we can "downgrade" to plastic too.

Lastly, I'm happy the XYX LE kit this includes the shockbox AND the kit box. Was quite bummed when Gunlord LE had no option for both like future and previous releases. I collect complete kits with boxes, which I have stored. I have the carts themselves in shockboxes on the shelf so I can access them to play easier.

Gunlord is more of a console game then a arcade game hence no kit box. Maybe we can do something about that in the future.

Wow that is great news. But how about Last Hope: Pink Bullets? Will this game ever see an AES release?

Yes, absolutely. But in 2014.

For 2013 we ship those games:

- Gunlord AES
- NEO XYX MVS
- Fast Striker AES
- Unannounced game MVS
- NEO XYX AES
- Unannounced game AES

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I love seeing the words, Unannounced game.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
DEV: TEAM. could the 2013 MVS and AES unannounced game possibly be the Ikari game?:D

Lee Gray

Just out of interest will the cancelled preorders for Gunlord go on sale after the games are shipped with special boxes or once you have shipped their snaplock cases ?

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Just out of interest will the cancelled preorders for Gunlord go on sale after the games are shipped with special boxes or once you have shipped their snaplock cases ?

It looks like it's available for purchase again on ngdevdirect.com. "Sold out" seem to have been removed.

Lee Gray

Thanks.....Problem is when i click to buy it gives me this message Gunlord AES/Homecart LE English***
Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.
Please alter the quantity of products marked with (***), Thank you

So wonder if its just an error or its still sold out.

Last edited:

4lom

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I emailed them awhile ago, and the canceled pre orders will become available after all existing orders have been filled.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Or to purchase a shell and cart sticker? It would be cheaper than sending the carts back and forth across the pond.

Jeff

Even better if I can just purchase the shell(s) with the labels already applied, it seems like I can just change the 2 boards without creasing the label.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Wooden cart was mentioned to chris my me and a few other members check Analogue Interactive thread for this.........

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
For 2013 we ship those games:

- Gunlord AES
- NEO XYX MVS
- Fast Striker AES
- Unannounced game MVS
- NEO XYX AES
- Unannounced game AES

Can't wait to find out what this new game might be.

Wood cart looks good! MVS carts come in all different colors, maybe more "exotic" woods for future LE games.

Last edited:

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
i did pre-order the MVS version please don't think im trolling :p

im not a fan of this wooden MVS cart stuff at all. To me it looks terrible.

Whats wrong with just good old plastic MVS shells?

id also like to point out that given NG:Dev teams track record with cart shells , now you guys decide to partner up with AI for Wooden shells? What the focus should be is getting more plastic shells and cheaper.

Who decides what type of shell each pre-order gets? Is it up to the individual? Do you have enough supply to cater for everyone? See what im getting at here. This sounds like more delays are on the horizon.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Can I get one with a cart shell made of Platinum?

The Big Tymer edition.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
The only real thing that stood out to me as being off re: these wooden MVS carts, is the lack of the required recess whereby the label sits within. Looks a wee bit naff just glued on the top... in my opinion :)
I have to admit on the pictures it looks like a recess is needed, but seeing it in person, I would say it isn't. The stickers are 0,10 mm thick. But on the photos they look like 1 mm thick. That's 10 times more. The white back of the sticker make this even worse in the scaled down pics. But I will talk about that with AI. We still have a month or so to tinker with those...
Thanks for the response.

You're right, the labels do look particularly thick on the photo's. But yeah, regardless of thickness, I think dedicated recess is the way to go... if possible. Looks better and helps protect the label too, which, on an expensive MVS cart, is a benefit you'll want.

-

@NGDEVTEAM:
May I also ask, with regards to NEO XYX - there was a concern from *some* members regarding a Yoko mode not being included in the Neo release due to (effectively?) having to recode the entire game again, just to have that option (something to do with rotating sprites and layers within the hardware, I presume?).

Is there a chance that this feature could see an inclusion in the Dreamcast release, for the (seeming) minority that would benefit from it?

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Just ordered my Dreamcast version...
Also checked with Ng dev.team they got fast strike aes in stock. But in what sort of shape or form wooden or plastic or cardboard or tissue paper...

Lee Gray

Just ordered my Dreamcast version...
Also checked with Ng dev.team they got fast strike aes in stock. But in what sort of shape or form wooden or plastic or cardboard or tissue paper...

lol I think you can rest assured the AES will be the regular plastic shells.

Marked Wolf
Here is a comparison shot plastic vs wood:

mvs_shell_comparision_plastic_vs_wood.jpg

Yes, I'm aware that the sticker is flipped :emb:
I think we need the arrow on this carts...

Marked Wolf
Whats wrong with just good old plastic MVS shells?

Nothing, besides that we don't have a reliable source for them. I personally prefer plastic too. Hopefully there will be one in the future, but after the AES "incident" we won't invest anymore in shells, especially not in MVS. The MVS market is too risky and small for that.

Who decides what type of shell each pre-order gets? Is it up to the individual? Do you have enough supply to cater for everyone? See what im getting at here. This sounds like more delays are on the horizon.

Default is black wood/ash. But yes, it's up to the individual. We will send out a newsletter to inform people. We still have hundreds of plastic shells in stock, but their condition is not mint. They have bruises and scratches.

@NGDEVTEAM:
May I also ask, with regards to NEO XYX - there was a concern from *some* members regarding a Yoko mode not being included in the Neo release due to (effectively?) having to recode the entire game again, just to have that option (something to do with rotating sprites and layers within the hardware, I presume?).

Is there a chance that this feature could see an inclusion in the Dreamcast release, for the (seeming) minority that would benefit from it?

Of course the NEO version has a yoko mode. It plays the game as a hori with rotated controls and HUDs/texts. I think we will show it in the next trailer.