Power Spikes II Dog Tag and Euro Homecarts Discovered!

Trieu

New Challenger
All I can say is, wow.
Yes indeed, this thread is back from the dead!

I am not hiding, I just get busy sometimes and am unable to read & reply to the hot topics on the forums of the websites that I frequent.

Regarding Tonk bringing up unfinished business between Vinh and myself.
Here are the FACTS for those who care to have them:

Vinh and I used to have a good relationship. We have known each other for about 10 years. We did many trades together over the years. We used to talk on the phone, sometimes for hours. We even met in person TWICE. Once in California and another time in Nevada. In the beginning, I was heavy into upgrading my MVS cartridge collection. I was after loose English labeled cartridges and loose authentic English mini marquee title cards. Vinh was heavy into MVS kit collecting. So, we would trade all the time. I would send him MVS boxes, MVS art packs, and in some cases my matching serial numbered carts & boxes in exchange for loose English carts and title cards. We helped one another out with these trades. It was great. He ended up with (as far as I know) the world's first COMPLETE CIB NEOGEO MVS KIT Collection. I still have the pics of it that he sent me saved on a disk to this very day. And I got an almost complete loose MVS English cart & title card collection. (I fell short by 3 or 4 carts & cards if I recall) So we had an excellent relationship! I considered him extremely trustworthy & honest. He had a wealth of information, he was a nice guy to talk to, he had a very strong work ethic, and he was funny too. A good sense of humor. Lastly, Vinh & I had a mutual friend; Chad Okada. So we had a great thing going for years.

One day, I sent Vinh 3 Capcom "kits" (I guess you could call it on consignment) for him to place for sale in his "arcade-shock" store on his web site. They were semi-complete kits, still in the box, with most of their contents. My memory is not so great, but I think it was a Naomi Dead or Alive 2, a Super Puzzle Fighter, and some other Capcom kit. Anyhow, it cost me $60 ($20 per kit box) just to ship them out to him. Weeks passed, months passed, and now years have passed. For whatever reason, Vinh disappeared! I had no idea why, and I was more patient than any normal person would be about it. I sent emails, I sent PM's, I even tried calling several times. He would not reply or return any of my attempts to contact him. I just wanted some kind of update? Some resolution? Anything! I was totally out the 3 kits, the shipping, everything. Just a total waste. I could easily have sold those bad boys for $200 a piece on ebay. (this was several years ago when these boards were worth way more money then they are now). So I was pissed. But time passed and I soon just gave up and figured I had to just forget about it.

Anyhow, that is what happened. Those are the facts! And hey, I CHALLENGE Vinh to say it isn't so?

Now, in a recent conversation I was having with TonK, Vinh came up in the conversation. And yes, I will not lie about this either, I told TonK about the above experience, and yes, I gave him permission to bring it up if he wished. Why you may ask? Well, why not?! Dude, I figured what the hell did I have to lose? The fucking guy has not replied to any and all attempts which I have made to contact him and resolve this issue for YEARS now! What did I have to lose by trying another approach? And the funny thing is, it has been YEARS and he has not replied to me (let alone acknowledged his wrongdoing and/or my attempts to contact him) but then suddenly he comes forward! What a coincidence?! TonK must have pushed a button that I didn't? Maybe this is why members here go to him for help when similar matters occur in our community?

Now, in regards to the last issue, and Vinh brought it up not me, (Ghostlop), I will leave that up to Vinh. If he wants me to, I will GLADLY tell the back story about that and in what capacity Vinh was involved. But that is TOTALLY up to him and him alone. He is the one who politely asked me to keep some of those details private, which I have done. In fact, I recently wrote yet another article about the game for a web site (which launched today btw and look for my announcement in another thread here) and surely enough, even for that article I did not discuss the "asian missile angle" as I have honored his request for "privacy" on this topic since 2003. So unless HE decides to come forward and tell the story, I will remain silent as I have always been. Why he brought it up is a mystery to me, perhaps as misdirection, or maybe out of anger or embarrassment over the real matter at hand. But if he does decide to talk about it, and he tells it wrong, you better fucking BELIEVE that I am gonna tear it up in here and CORRECT it to make sure the world hears the TRUTH and not his version. It's up to HIM. I won't make a move unless HE makes a move.

But guys, please don't get distracted. Especially if he or someone else tries to spin this another way now that I posted here about it. And that is that the bottom line for everyone here to consider is this: A guy who ripped me off, (privately), and has avoided me for years since, (privately), is now confronted, (publicly), and suddenly breaks his YEARS of silence to me (publicly) and lashes out towards me? WTF? Very bizarre behavior indeed.

Let's fast forward and skip to the details. My admission:

Yes, Billy did send me the kits and yes, I have not paid him for the kits. Did I scam him? Certainly not, because you all would want to know the story behind all of this, because it's not black and white as Billy makes it seem.

My general philosophy is to build relationships with people or businesses that are faithful and trustworthy, while remaining professional. These are the types of people I try to surround myself with. With that in mind, what Billy mentions above is true. We 'had' a good relationship...as it appeared to me, BUT once you get to know Billy, there is an ulterior motive for everything he does.

In other words, he doesn't do something for you to expect nothing back from it and even in this view, I'm okay with helping one another out. The problem I have had with Billy started and ended with Ghostlop.

For the record and Billy will not deny this, he has been chasing prototypes all these years, with no true success. Knowing that he was passionate about this, I wanted to help him. Ghostlop was discovered by me back in 2003 through one of my contacts and when I revealed this to Billy, he asked me to acquire this for him. Any of you know Billy, he is quite relentless when he wants something and as busy as I am with work, I made time to negotiate, acquire and send the game to him, but under one condition. That he would make a copy for me. Yes, he had the original, of course and I TRUSTED him that I would want a copy just to have as I truly liked the game itself.

Moving forward, anytime the topic was brought up, he said he would send it, make it, ...eventually, he just didn't send it. Why?

Now that we know what happened to Ghostlop, he simply kept it for himself to do what? Well, of course, make a grip of money from it, the exact opposite of what he claimed why he wanted it. He said he would keep it as he's into protos and would 'share' it with the community. Do any of you recall this happening?

So what happened? Unfortunately, like many corrupt and greedy folks associated with the NEO GEO scene, he made himself a copy, sold the original to the French for how much? Uh, back in 2003 it was something like what? I'll leave the dollar amount up to Billy to disclose to the public, but let's just say during that time, Kizuna Encounter Euro probably didn't even fetch that much.

So you ask yourself. Someone who calls himself a 'good' friend of yours simply backs out of his word, turns around, sells his copy (when he swore up and down with me that he would keep it) and never came through with his promise of making a copy for the person that helped him out most.

Any sense of betrayal here? Instead of publicly confronting Billy about this, the situation of him making me a copy of Ghostlop was privately dealt with for at least...uh, I would say a year. All requests, denied.

The 'privacy' regarding Ghostlop is simply to protect Billy, not me. I was the one who helped him, not the other way around. He got his 15 minutes of fame, got the original cart, made a grip from it.....and still couldn't keep his end of the bargain. So considering he didn't keep his word and make more than enough from Ghostlop to pay for these kits, you really think he's on the short end of the stick?

Anyone who knows me personally understands that I do not scam anyone and a measly 200 bucks isn't what is holding me back. It's all about principle. Billy, IMO, is no better than Ray Young. They both scammed people. Billy just did it in a more fashionable way...or shall we say 'deceptive.'

Everyone who has been in the Neo scene for the past 10 years know that of anything Neo, my specialty is with the NEO MVS Scene. I knew Ghostlop was extremely valuable and if I wanted to, I could have sold it for a high dollar amount, yet I wanted to help someone who at the time, I considered a good friend, who pretty much would say anything to assure me that he wants it to get his fame and not resell it out of greed. Well, I was wrong and the months after, I found out the hard way. Just on the principle of promising not to resell for profit alone (and later doing so), this was one sign of disrespect and betrayal. But you know what, I let that slide. His sad reasoning was to use that money to pay for other protos (did you invest in any other protos afterwards Billy? - yeah, my boots got stuck and it started to stink).

So anyone who wants to deal with Billy, just think a little deeper to see what he really wants and would be willing to give you in return. I'd say certainly sign a contract, because I didn't and I got burned. A friend lost, but more importantly, one less crook to deal with.

So there you have it. Let's just see if Billy is willing to own up to all of this. A few people in the community knows this story already, which was discussed back in 2004-5, but out of respect for Billy, it was mentioned behind closed doors. Those who know, certainly agree about Billy's deceptive and selfish behavior.

'asian missile' I like it....Mr. Chad Okada. Found any protos recently Billy? No more leads eh? Gotta burn those bridges to get to the next one...but that method simply...does...not work.... Just a word of advice.

Bizarre behavior indeed Billy.

So to 'close' our deals Billy, out of principle, send me an MVS copy of Ghostlop like you promised back in 2003 and I will gladly pay you for the kits. And make sure the copy isn't the one with the 'bug' in it, like what's available publicly.

And not to forget, Tonk will get his day too. Bobak pretty much summed up the discrepancies in Tonk's sources. There will be an official statement from SNK Playmore regarding all this and if you guys would want to believe John and Chad Okada, uh, I mean Supergun, please do buy up the PSII. John even admits that he could be wrong, but of course, uses 2 words to admit that and then writes 99% the rest of the way to 'assure' you that it 'looks' legit. Surely a method of allowing some room for an excuse if everything starts caving in....which it will.

Sorry, I have seen the full list of officially released and protos from SNK Playmore that someone not affiliated with SNK could ever convince me otherwise. Has John or Billy ever spoken to an actual SNK employee (besides Chad Okada) that has at least give them some insight on what's going on?

Do whatever you wish with your money. I just hate seeing people being taken advantage of, which has happened to me a few times, so it's part of my duty to aware others.

Last edited:

Trieu

New Challenger
Arcade-shock is his site? I'm a n00b round these parts so I don't know back stories. All I know is I ordered three simple Sanwa buttons from him a month ago and nothing has come to my door.. the money hasn't been pulled from my account either so I'm not too upset, but still one month later.. nothing.

If that is indicative of how Vinh operates, even with 3 simple buttons, I'm going to avoid him in the future.

Two things. 1) If no money hasn't been taken from your account how can you have an order? 2) Did you happen to read the instructions about the free shipping with the buttons? You must order at least 6 buttons, otherwise, you need to add a SKU to cover the shipping charge.

Any order below that number without any shipping charge is automatically canceled. The instructions are CLEARLY stated on every single page, throughout the page.

Trieu

New Challenger
One thing I'm wondering is: why the hell is the source not making an anonymous account here to explain himself? Why all that shady stuff? If you want to be believed here, you have to answer questions and prove what you are saying.

Some very respected members here have a lot of doubt, why not come forward "at a later date"? Why not now?

Tonk seems a honest guy to me, but his source is shady as hell

Tonk, Supergun and JT are the sources....so far. Anyone else want to step up?

With all this heat, all the money flying around, we're talking upwards of 100K, man, can't we find out who this celebrity artist is?

I mean, the other day I went to an art gallery and there was an incredible art piece that I just had to have.

The lady told me, "that's 400K usd" and I said, "damn, that's a fair offer, but I need to know who's the artist?"

She said "well, there's only one thing, which is we can't do is reveal our sources...but please trust me and my colleagues, it's the real deal."

Any more suckers? I am seriously amused at the trolls who protect Tonk and the rest of the 'MASTER' crew and don't realize people are being fraudulently taken advantage of.

To summarize...NO SOURCE(s)....except those mentioned above.

Last edited:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Man, it took you a week to come up with THAT?

I used to think you were just an annoying know-it-all pip squeak, but now I know you are also a thief. Just because you feel slighted on deal A doesn't give you the right to screw a person on deal B. I'm sure there is more to the Ghostlop story anyway that we will hear soon, but if you were hoping to spin this so people would sympathize with you, I suspect you will be very disappointed.

I must say, Billy was quite the gentleman to not air his dirty laundry with you publicly about those CPS2 kits until now, given the circumstances.

You've been yakking a lot about your SNK contacts and the "lists" you've seen. Since you are so miffed thinking everyone is hiding stuff, let's see those lists! Now's the time. Let's hear from your SNK insiders! Where are they? All I offered the community is my opinion based upon my observations of AF3. Now that another game has been discovered, my opinion really means little to nothing, absent the source coming forward (I don't think you'll have a problem arguing with that). So, step up and prove us wrong Vinh, I'll be the first to admit it. In the meantime, your irresponsible speculation about there being no "source", me, Billy and Tonk being in cahoots to rip people off, is just lame and untrue. If you have real arguments to muster, show us some real facts. Stop acting like some bullshit "benefactor" to the community. It's part of your "duty to others?" Give me a break!

If its you who is able to finally put the issues around these games to rest, I'll eat my hat.

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I used to think you were just an annoying know-it-all pip squeak, but now I know you are also a thief. Just because you feel slighted on deal A doesn't give you the right to screw a person on deal B. I'm sure there is more to the Ghostlop story anyway that we will hear soon, but if you were hoping to spin this so people would sympathize with you, I suspect you will be very disappointed.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking... just because he screwed you over on GL (assuming this to be true), doesn't mean you need to sink to his level. You should have paid him for the kits, and then, if you felt the need to spite him you could have done so with a bit more credibility that what what you have now ended up with (whether you care about that or not).

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Again, not the REAL story. Here's some more TRUTH!

I am happy that you have now answered for this. I thought you would simply dodge it again and then run away and hide back into oblivion for several more years. But as I said in my post, the truth is on my side, so I have no problems revealing more and more details as we go.

Let me say this first however. I agree that if you were still unhappy about deal A, then you should have stopped doing business with me and never done a deal B or C, etc. You should have had me resolve deal A to your liking, or if I failed to do so, you should have never done a deal B. But sometimes, you have to try and get your compensation in the business world, whether by land or by sea. So you had me ship first on deal B, and then left me hanging to "make up" for deal A. Now, if this was indeed the REAL story, I would actually AGREE with you! Justice was served and the end justifies the means! Yes, serves me right! But the problem is, again, that is not the full story here! You still scammed me, and I can tell your getting older, because your memory is starting to go, just like me, so let me remind you what happened.

Yes, I agree that I had promised to send you a copy of Ghostlop as part of our "arrangement" with that deal. And yes, your right, I never sent it. But what you fail to mention (or simply forgot) is that as time passed, and the games data became public, copies could be had for like $150 on the net, the forums, ebay, etc. I told you that it would cost me more in parts & labor to build you one, than to just buy you one. My time was far more valuable. But by this time, you had the attitude of "never mind Pitt, just forget about it". But of course, you were still upset, and rightfully so. Later down the road, you gave me another option on how to make that deal right with you! Yes, YOU! You told me that I could make things right by doing something ELSE instead, and then we would be square! And guess what, I did just that! Did you forget about this my friend? You sent me a Fatal Fury 3 & Samurai Showdown 3 home cart, as well as TWO Breakers Revenge MVS carts. And you asked me to make you TWO home cart conversions. I guess you just forgot about this huh? I did both conversions and sent them to you as each one was ready. Granted it took me some time as I was (am) always busy as hell, and it ended up costing me more time & money then had I simply done the Ghostlop copy! But I got it done and as such honored our deal. So by definition, this SEALED and COMPLETED the "Ghostlop Deal" between you and me. And we continued to do business afterwards, say as an example, the “3 Capcom kits deal” that followed.

The saddest part of this whole thing Vinh, is that I DID value (and still would if given the chance) our friendship / relationship. I will NOT lie about this part Vinh. In the end, I did those conversions ONLY because I did indeed feel bad about how things ended between us and I wanted to make you happy and clear my conscience. And YES, I won't lie about the fact that I am indeed passionate, obsessed, fixated, selfish, psycho, crazy, (insert whatever word you want here!) about neogeo prototypes. There is almost NOTHING that I would not do for one of them. And YES, as a result of that I would have said & done anything you wanted to get that game; with little or no regard as to whether or not I could even deliver on it. It did not matter to me. All I cared about was getting that game in my hands. But in the end, I paid what was asked, I did what was required, and the game became my property, to do with what I wished. Your having "regrets" or "second thoughts" about the deal after the fact, because in hindsight you realized it was far more valuable, and more importantly, far more SIGNIFICANT, then you had anticipated, does not give you the right to suddenly change your mind and decide you should have gotten "more out of the deal" and as such justify ripping me off on those kits.

And last but not least, you pride yourself (always have) on having this "elite professional business way of doing things", but honestly Vinh, putting aside the fact that you ripped me off, what kind of professional business man "hides" like some immature little kid and does not reply to a steady flow of correspondence over the years asking for answers & resolutions? That is the part that is just so completely inconsistent with your "professional businessman reputation"? Well, truthfully, I think I actually know the answer. The answer is Ghostlop! From day one you just never understood or appreciated the significance of a neogeo proto and it completely took you by surprise. You became curious of all the attention I was getting and you became bitter about the whole thing. It left a bad taste in your mouth and truthfully there was nothing I could have done to fix that, despite my trying. Perhaps this was why I subconsciously forced myself to forget about being scammed, and never bothered to report it to the community. I was giving you a pass.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
We can't get a straight story out of either one of you two idiots.

Ban both plz.

aria

Former Moderator
J6F3R.jpg

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Two wrongs dont make a right unfortunately.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Yes, I agree that I had promised to send you a copy of Ghostlop as part of our "arrangement" with that deal. And yes, your right, I never sent it.

Yes, Billy did send me the kits and yes, I have not paid him for the kits.

just make good on your promises to each other or just fuck and get it over with

TonK

Least Valuable Player
lol, that's why Vinh told me an SNK employee wanted me banned from his site for "thinking" of releasing Ghostlop.

Value.

Can't wait for this list and statement. Will be a fun day, indeed.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Tonk, Supergun and JT are the sources....so far. Anyone else want to step up?

With all this heat, all the money flying around, we're talking upwards of 100K, man, can't we find out who this celebrity artist is?

I mean, the other day I went to an art gallery and there was an incredible art piece that I just had to have.

The lady told me, "that's 400K usd" and I said, "damn, that's a fair offer, but I need to know who's the artist?"

She said "well, there's only one thing, which is we can't do is reveal our sources...but please trust me and my colleagues, it's the real deal."

Any more suckers? I am seriously amused at the trolls who protect Tonk and the rest of the 'MASTER' crew and don't realize people are being fraudulently taken advantage of.

To summarize...NO SOURCE(s)....except those mentioned above.

All I know is that you're gonna have a real hard time defending yourself after making this statement.

You're basically insinuating that Billy, John and I are running an elaborate counterfeiting scam?

And this "press release" from SNKP is supposed to put everything to rest?

SNKP better come to the table with INDISPUTABLE proof that these games are fake.