Power Spikes II Dog Tag and Euro Homecarts Discovered!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SNKP better come to the table with INDISPUTABLE proof that these games are fake.

If SNKP calls them fake, then they simply are fake. they won't need to say much more than that.

Besides that, why has there been zero interest in legitimizing these two releases? Why has this issue been ignored? Why has the provenance of these games remained a mystery?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Tonk, Supergun and JT are the sources....so far. Anyone else want to step up?

With all this heat, all the money flying around, we're talking upwards of 100K, man, can't we find out who this celebrity artist is?

I mean, the other day I went to an art gallery and there was an incredible art piece that I just had to have.

The lady told me, "that's 400K usd" and I said, "damn, that's a fair offer, but I need to know who's the artist?"

She said "well, there's only one thing, which is we can't do is reveal our sources...but please trust me and my colleagues, it's the real deal."

Any more suckers? I am seriously amused at the trolls who protect Tonk and the rest of the 'MASTER' crew and don't realize people are being fraudulently taken advantage of.

To summarize...NO SOURCE(s)....except those mentioned above.

Uh, the artist in your logic would be SNK and the source would be the currator.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
If SNKP calls them fake, then they simply are fake. they won't need to say much more than that.

Depends on what is said and who says it. Not that simple.

Besides that, why has there been zero interest in legitimizing these two releases? Why has this issue been ignored? Why has the provenance of these games remained a mystery?

Working on that.

aria

Former Moderator
I tried to get the answer, but Kichi-Kaw was either busy or didn't want to bother with me.

TrSfQ.jpg

TonK

Least Valuable Player
You're right. Obviously should be someone who was there.

If there was an easy way to prove these titles, I would have done it already.

Vinh also claimed Aero Fighters 3 was fake - its been months and nobody has said a thing. Now all of a sudden SNKP is going to disprove both titles by saying they aren't on their official list?

We all know that.

I'm working on getting solid proof that the games are real, 100% real.

It's gonna take some time, but hopefully I can lay this all to rest.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I don't know. Seems like there is a market whether or not these are real. Not sure why there are so many people going around looking for proof of authentication if they have no interest in ever owning these. Take me, for instance. I couldn't care less if they were real or not. I also couldn't care less who wants to buy them. There obviously are people who do. If you or whoever you're getting these from is running an intricate scam, it'll come out sooner or later. I've seen enough episodes of American Greed to know that much. You get away with shit for a while, but it always comes to light eventually. If it's real, then, the odd thing is we may never know. Funny how that all works out. As stupid as I think it is to go so crazy for, and to spend so much money on these carts.... It's ultimately up to the buyers, and if they're happy why is everyone getting all upset?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I don't know. Seems like there is a market whether or not these are real. Not sure why there are so many people going around looking for proof of authentication if they have no interest in ever owning these. Take me, for instance. I couldn't care less if they were real or not. I also couldn't care less who wants to buy them. There obviously are people who do. If you or whoever you're getting these from is running an intricate scam, it'll come out sooner or later. I've seen enough episodes of American Greed to know that much. You get away with shit for a while, but it always comes to light eventually. If it's real, then, the odd thing is we may never know. Funny how that all works out. As stupid as I think it is to go so crazy for, and to spend so much money on these carts.... It's ultimately up to the buyers, and if they're happy why is everyone getting all upset?

That's what I have been trying to understand.

I can assure everyone that John, Billy nor I are involved in any scam. We are going on the info we have. I didn't put a gun to anyone's head and tell them to buy these games.

I've told every buyer that if they were unsure of the titles, DO NOT BUY THEM.

They are all very happy.

There are a lot of accusations being thrown around that really piss me off. I'm not nor will I ever be a scammer. I'm trying to be as honest as I can.

And hopefully authentication of these titles will be a possibility.

I mean, there HAS to be someone out there that can shed some light on this.

And it's certainly not SNKP.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
And I'll tell you all something that you may not want to hear.

If these games are proven to be fake, I'd be SUPER SUSPICIOUS of ANY game not purchased directly from SNK.

Aero Fighters 3 I had my doubts with, but Power Spikes 2 is scary. It's 100% identical in every way to carts from that era.

Even the boards.

So someone out there has original artwork for these games, the EXACT printers SNK used, the EXACT manufacturing equipment for SNK PCB's and wave soldering and whatever else is needed.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Two things. 1) If no money hasn't been taken from your account how can you have an order? 2) Did you happen to read the instructions about the free shipping with the buttons? You must order at least 6 buttons, otherwise, you need to add a SKU to cover the shipping charge.

Any order below that number without any shipping charge is automatically canceled. The instructions are CLEARLY stated on every single page, throughout the page.

I usually contact the buyer that shipping wasn't paid for and ask how they want to move forward either pay for shipping or cancel the order. Is that seriously how you deal with orders?

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
And I'll tell you all something that you may not want to hear.

If these games are proven to be fake, I'd be SUPER SUSPICIOUS of ANY game not purchased directly from SNK.

Aero Fighters 3 I had my doubts with, but Power Spikes 2 is scary. It's 100% identical in every way to carts from that era.

Even the boards.

So someone out there has original artwork for these games, the EXACT printers SNK used, the EXACT manufacturing equipment for SNK PCB's and wave soldering and whatever else is needed.

I guess we will be flooded with a tsunami of WH 1 and GD repros/fakes in the near future...

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
That's what I have been trying to understand.

I can assure everyone that John, Billy nor I are involved in any scam. We are going on the info we have. I didn't put a gun to anyone's head and tell them to buy these games.

I've told every buyer that if they were unsure of the titles, DO NOT BUY THEM.

They are all very happy.

There are a lot of accusations being thrown around that really piss me off. I'm not nor will I ever be a scammer. I'm trying to be as honest as I can.

And hopefully authentication of these titles will be a possibility.

I mean, there HAS to be someone out there that can shed some light on this.

And it's certainly not SNKP.

Tonk I've been thinking about this. Could we set up a skype interview with the source? This way we can record his responses to burning questions, but can respect his anonymity. There would be no way of tracking his IP and we can censor any IDing information. I can record the conversation onto Audacity and post it on my soundcloud so everyone can hear it. Obviously he would need to give some info that would show proof, but I feel this could be a real solid way of giving some verification.

Perhaps make a multi-way convo with you, source, a recorder, and someone like FTL or Shawn who knows what questions to ask.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Tonk I've been thinking about this. Could we set up a skype interview with the source? This way we can record his responses to burning questions, but can respect his anonymity. There would be no way of tracking his IP and we can censor any IDing information. I can record the conversation onto Audacity and post it on my soundcloud so everyone can hear it. Obviously he would need to give some info that would show proof, but I feel this could be a real solid way of giving some verification.

Perhaps make a multi-way convo with you, source, a recorder, and someone like FTL or Shawn who knows what questions to ask.

Thacker already did that.

Also, BonusKun talked to him last week.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Also, BonusKun talked to him last week.

That could explain why he is attacking me so bad, getting even to open up a thread to divert the attention from the main object discussed here.He even pmed BGreen and others to join the slugfest and add fuel to his arguments....
I could be wrong Derek, but if you did it as you were told to do it, that's sad.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
That could explain why he is attacking me so bad, getting even to open up a thread to divert the attention from the main object discussed here.He even pmed BGreen and others to join the slugfest and add fuel to his arguments....
I could be wrong Derek, but if you did it as you were told to do it, that's sad.

Simone, the thread was already made.

Nobody told anyone to make that thread.

Also, how would you know he PM'd Brent? Is that an assumption or are you reading people's PM's?

I know Brent would never get involved in shit because someone "asked him to"

There is no diversion, the thread is right here, plain as day.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Orochi eddie had a good idea here..

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I just got off the phone with Mike and the source. We had a nice hour long chat. Some things I can't reveal unfortunately, but I guess will be revealed in time. I'll say though, that from what I've heard I'm convinced 100% that these are real, and that there are some carts out there that aren't as they seem as well.

One thing for sure, and it is what I hypothesized. It's ALL about money here, and the "Neo-Geo Illuminati" are big time investors looking for the next bubble.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
OrochiEddie had a great idea and just talked to the source for an hour.

Non biased, friendly and has no vested interest.

Nothing to hide.

Source will come out.

That's it.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
It was on the phone so I couldn't record it, although I personally feel if it was then you would have 98% of everyone believing TonK.

I will add. Consider who are the most outspoken about this, and then consider their status (previous or current) in this market.

I find the whole matter amusing.

aria

Former Moderator
the "Neo-Geo Illuminati" are big time investors looking for the next bubble.

This is the only part where I'm reading and (a) not understanding what you mean and (b) thus wondering where you got that particular phrasing from.