samurai showdown 6 hit japanese arcades today!

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
hermegildo said:
Oh noes! 2-3 characters out of 40+ play differently than the rest! Teh gameplay is lost.

And lo-fucking-l at video game characters feeling pain.

I'll stop now, this is a good and useful thread and I don't want to derail it.

You don't get my point. Characters are NOT supposed to chain normal moves into a full fledged combo in SS. The series that makes a living doing that is Guilty Gear. :oh_no:

Well, the characters can't feel pain at all, because blades are not allowed to penetrate flesh here. SNKP brought all of the SS cast back only because they don't have to worry about them dying.

And speaking of MVCish, that's exactly where these slashsparks belong. Either that or change the sound effects when a move hits to a big pow like in MVC.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Characters can't "feel the pain" ? It's a fucking video game !
Did you use to ask characters "hey, did that hurt ?" while playing the previous SS games ?

You're a hopeless moron. And you obviously have no idea about what the word "gameplay" means. Go troll another topic.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hmkay said:
Characters can't "feel the pain" ? It's a fucking video game !
Did you use to ask characters "hey, did that hurt ?" while playing the previous SS games ?

You're a hopeless moron. And you obviously have no idea about what the word "gameplay" means. Go troll another topic.

Shut up! Just shut up you fucking asshole.

ni-ten

War Room Troll
wow looks too nice.
i think i need an atomiswave now.
But no blood,not even fucking white one,is not funny at all.
I guess nothing is perfect in this life... :(

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Time to add my share to this doggy pile. I busted into a rare 50 yen arcade in Umeda, Osaka to check out the new SS. And the sprite graphics do indeed look sharper than in previous AW releases :)

So, I won't whine so much just yet. The backgrounds are pretty sweet-They seemed to have put a bit more into them than in the last couple installments on the NG. I wonder if it would have been better to put these new releases on the Naomi instead of AW-I mean, does one have better RAM/processing speed than the other? SF 3 has loads more character animation-yet no in game loading. Fuck, my DC doesn't even pause to load those games during play.

Anyway, please excuse these drunken ramblings... All I gotta say is... What the fuck is up with Earthquake? The SVC sprite rocked the haus, all they had to do was re-shade it to match the rest of the SS cast and make this game uber hardcore. Earthquake people-I feel your pain. We do gots Sieger though-so, I can forgive.

NWC

n00b
beelzebubble said:
if you are ever down osaka way (umeda) and want an assbeating in NBC pm me

A challenge?! I gotta practice up first. These salarymen keep embarrasing me. :emb:

Hey KRONOS, which arcade in Umeda are you talking about? I want to make a journey to some of them tomorrow.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Looks superb to me!

Backgrounds look so nice! Really remind me of Spirited Away, espeicially the one with where andrew fights.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
NWC said:
A challenge?! I gotta practice up first. These salarymen keep embarrasing me. :emb:

Hey KRONOS, which arcade in Umeda are you talking about? I want to make a journey to some of them tomorrow.

prolly monte where i go, 50 yen heaven it is. ss is on the 3rd floor, nbc on the 2nd.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
krakov said:
roffles, I can´t remember when I said that the music was arranged? any person with half a brain would understand that i meant the music is reminiscent of what you would expect from you usual SNK-AST.

Anyone with half a brain would use terms correctly.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
KRONOS said:
The SVC sprite rocked the haus, all they had to do was re-shade it to match the rest of the SS cast and make this game uber hardcore. Earthquake people-I feel your pain.

that sprite was made by playmore

pheraps yuki doesn't want "playmore shit" in their games

doesn't sound too far fetched because not even shiki was ever used in ss 0 - 0 sp - tenka ?

pretty bizarre / unusual in this era where is perfectly acceptable to dig up 10 years old sprites

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Fran said:
that sprite was made by playmore

pheraps yuki doesn't want "playmore shit" in their games
Yeah, I thought that could be the reason. Or the other way around, Playmore wouldn't let Yuki use it or something, fuck knows.

Oh well..

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
prolly monte where i go, 50 yen heaven it is. ss is on the 3rd floor, nbc on the 2nd.

Damn you! I have yet to find this game. Now been in 3 places that have NGBC but not one has this.

I was going to trek into Akihabara today for a guaranteed sighting but, er, just ended up playing NGBC locally.

hanafuda

So what do you think of the Revolution's controller?

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
So what do you think of the Revolution's controller?

The Revolution's controller will work perfectly when connected to the Atmoswave, and add endless ease and replayablity to the newly released SNK/Playmore title Samurai Shodown Tenka!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
WANFU:
ok i saw a good wanfu today, the guy was using a bunch of stuff i didnt even know existed (as i mentioned before they tend to only list like half a characters moves on the panels these days) and i totally forgot his weapon spin special from ss2 as well.

basically he was throwing his weapon alot and trying to mixup after it by rushing in.. the weapon throw isnt really fast enough to do that effectively with though it does tend to scare the opponent enough to make dash=>throw a viable option (giving you knockdown and time to pick your weapon up.

his weapon swing move is good and seems to have a new part at the end of it where wanfu lets go and the weapon bounces in an arc towards the opponent which is good for catching ppl off guard (you lose the weapon though).

he also has good normals that do good damage, a few butt attacks and kicks in the air which are good for crossing up, a great attack with his butt from standing position which the guy was using heaps and getting lots of hits here and there with.

he was also being tricky with the weapon throw in the air by doing it just as he left the ground on the way up.

basically wanfu seems much better than i first thought after watching this guy play him.

GENAN:
gave him a try and hes pretty cool, i am thinking about using him properly though at the moment andrew is my man. im basically a charlotte player but with the new systems and major overhaul of the basic mechanics and physics ive not really gotten back into using her.

his normals are basically his ss2 selfs normals. he has his crouching glove throw attack though it doesnt stun in this game :( only hit. he also has a new move where he jumps back onto the wall then you can manuever him in the air ala spanish ninja. looks like it could be good combined with his j.HVY. his poison breath ball is excellent. stays out for quite a while, light is right in front of him, med in the middle of the screen and hvy comes out super fast and flies off the screen iirc.

EARTHQUAKE:
he is cool! dont know how much success i could have with him but im gonna try. his dp+KICK is his fart throw. he has a "fat breaker" move which is a hcb+AD which i havent tried yet. his d+SLASH in the air is awesome, HVY keeps on going for like 5 bounces whereas LIGHT only bounces once. his spin (dp+SLASH) has good/deceptive recovery time. his chain sweep is df+MED.

his super is the command grab which does nice damage and you can move him forward ala ss2.

ANDREW:
he rocks! ive totally picked him up and have a blast playing him despite him being new. his dp is good on wakeup. his fb is great with its different speeds. his rdp+SLASH has him jumping up and forward (imagine a super long hop for the HVY version, a normal hop for the LIGHT version) and stabbing just before he hits the ground... often leaves you vulnerable to being thrown though coz to get close enough to hit with it youve got to be right next to them.

his s.MED, c.MED, j.HVY, c.LIG, s.LIG, dashing HVY are all good. still hes not very strong in the air though his j.HVY is good for a meaty (jump straight up as they wake up) and his c.HVY might be a good aa. hes a decent poker, not haomaru caliber but not far off.

----

popular choices are yumeji and iroha, they beast.

most ppl use 5 or 5spc grooves.

the system is very different to 5 and previous games.
+less hit stun.
+easier crossups
+j.ATTACK->s.ATTACK now combos very easily (j.HV->s.HV for example)
+you can now cancel into long range blocked HVY/MED hits which changes the game dramatically. hao players throw in a fb, kyoshiro characters a dp, etc... lots of catching ppl off guard and block damage from it.
+no more easy to do wake up roll :(
+a bit speedier.
+low damage, matches are long.

great fun though, heaps of characters and variety and it looks gorgeous. some of the bgs are the best ive seen in years (africa for example.) the sprites are really sharp and detailed and the bgs are really well done for 3d looking almost totally 2d. effects are really nice and its hard to tell they are 3d not 3d, everything matches nicely.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
The Revolution's controller will work perfectly when connected to the Atmoswave, and add endless ease and replayablity to the newly released SNK/Playmore title Samurai Shodown Tenka!

ayo Holy shit. I just LOLed like a mofo.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
heheh.

At least now it doesn't feel as fast paced as when I first saw it.

Whatever, the case, I'll be busy Mugenizing once this thing hits the PS2.