samurai showdown 6 hit japanese arcades today!

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
hanafudaX said:
SNKP may have made a nice game here, but releasing it just a couple of months after NGBC was a big mistake.
Call me anal if you want, but this game has been made by Yuki, not SNKP... There's a big enough difference. The 2 main differences between a Yuki game and an SNKP one are:

1- Yuki games > SNKP games, quality-wise
2- Yuki games don't get advertized or spread as much by SNKP (SS5 and SS5S weren't mentioned anywhere on the SNKP homepage, which is shameful...)

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
RBjakeSpecial said:
Where do you live? I came across your club sega comment and this one and I feel confused. In Tokyo SStenka is everywhere. It seems really popular too.

I play in Tokyo/Kanagawa.

Club Segas are useless for Atomiswaves. Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me on that point, but I just checked the AW Net site to see how many Segas have NGBC in Tokyo: 5.

As for the Taito you mention, is that Taito Station in Shibuya? If so that is a fairly sizable arcade, and always has good support for fighting games. My point in regard to SSTenka is aimed more at the middle/small sized arcades, as so far I have yet to find a cab. I am sure if I hit central Tokyo I would find plenty, it is just that I can't be bothered to trek into Tokyo for that when I could just wander into my local arcade to play NGBC ^_^

hanafuda

Hmkay said:
Call me anal if you want, but this game has been made by Yuki, not SNKP... There's a big enough difference. The 2 main differences between a Yuki game and an SNKP one are:

1- Yuki games > SNKP games, quality-wise
2- Yuki games don't get advertized or spread as much by SNKP (SS5 and SS5S weren't mentioned anywhere on the SNKP homepage, which is shameful...)

Yuki may have developed it, but it is still SNKP's game, and I am certain they are responsible for distribution too. If you go to the official site, there is no mention of Yuki, just SNKP and SEGA.

Yuki games are better quality than SNKP games? Highly subjective, and not something I would agree on.

I don't know if the point about advertising SS5 and SS5S is accurate, but it certainly isn't true of SS Tenka.

Regardless though, I am not sure what either of the two points above have to do with SNKP releasing SS Tenka so soon after NGBC. As RBjakeSpecial mentioned, KOF XI is due out soon too. NGBC was definitely delayed, so maybe that just messed up their whole schedule for the year.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Takumaji said:
If you ignore dirt and stains on your body, they will turn into smelly fungus.

In other words, no, it never works, trust me. ;)

Well, I guess you have just a bit more experince than me...

But the comment was worth it for the smelly fungus. :lol: I had no idea troll stains were so hard to remove, by the way. :spock:

But as a sidebar, it's nice to be on a board where the mods aren't twits (just my two cents there).

But back on topic, I've seen SS5 and SS Tenka on the SNKP site too, but I think you have to be looking at the Japanese site. The English one is way out of date, with stuff for KoF 2002 still, and the newest thing being 2003 or somesuch. You have to poke around a bit more to find the real new stuff.

Although, come to think of it, the US site might have all that. I was talking about the English side of the Japanese site. Well, you get the idea.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:
Where do you live? I came across your club sega comment and this one and I feel confused. In Tokyo SStenka is everywhere. It seems really popular too.

I know what you mean about the quick release after NBC. Seems kind of weird. Also the fact that KOFXI is coming out soon too is strange.

I got a change to spend some quality time with Rassolin and this game yesterday. He kicked my ass with Honzo. I've got to say the graphics in the backgrounds are cool.

At the Taito arcade they had SStenka and SS0special right next to each other. I got to do a good A/B comparison with the cabs.

SS0special's sprites are bigger. So far I like SStenka but I like SS0special better.... But I have yet to try all the different "Grooves" yet.

Great game. Excited to spend more time with it.

Beelze- NBC is slowly growing on me. I still don't like the sprites and the slow gameplay but the insanity and weirdness of it appeal to me. I think SStenka in someways makes me like NBC more. It's SO nice to see SNKplaymore putting out so many games.

yeah its great that they are putting out balanced and fun games. i liked 2k3, ss5 and the like but they didnt keep me liking them for longer than there were ppl to challenge. these games will though, they will make me want to challenge mates at home even after the arcade scene for them has died off..

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
So does anyone know or have any idea when SS Tenka is supposed to get to the U.S.??? I want to play this fucking game. Hopefully Gameworks (even though it sux) gets it cus most arcades around here don't exist anymore.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
hanafudaX said:
I don't know if the point about advertising SS5 and SS5S is accurate, but it certainly isn't true of SS Tenka.
I know, that's why I thought it was made by Playmore at first. But Iggy mentioned something like how Playmore didn't really try pushing SS Tenka, like they do for other of their games. (link)

hanafudaX said:
IRegardless though, I am not sure what either of the two points above have to do with SNKP releasing SS Tenka so soon after NGBC. As RBjakeSpecial mentioned, KOF XI is due out soon too. NGBC was definitely delayed, so maybe that just messed up their whole schedule for the year.
Yeah well... The release of SS Tenka has been delayed by a month because of NBC. But that may not have been enough.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
I know, that's why I thought it was made by Playmore at first. But Iggy mentioned something like how Playmore didn't really try pushing SS Tenka, like they do for other of their games.
I don't know what they do different. The link to the game's Official Site is on the front page of SNKP's website, same size and placement as KOF XI...

Iggy talks about Tenka not being announced for consumer yet, compared to Neowave. Somehow it seems to have slipped his mind that Neowave came out a year ago. Seriously that "Imoya" stuff is as old or older than some of the crap Abster keeps spouting over and over and over. It was funny for about 2 weeks. If he's that jaded, stick to Capcom or something.

hanafuda

Yeah, that post is from early September, and SS Tenka was only released a couple of weeks ago. Not only that, but the Tokyo Game Show is for the home consumers, not arcade games. NGBC was there because of the home port. KOF XI wasn't at the TGS either for the same logic. They announced the SS Tenka port at the show anyway, so I don't see what the big deal is.

As far as advertising and press goes, SS Tenka has had a fair share in Arcadia, and was also previewed in Famitsu a while back. No more or less than NGBC from what I can tell.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
It is nice to see playmore try to make more games but i think they will just milk snks original blockbusters to their graves.

I cant put my finger on it but playmore does not have the touch.
Its like a pod person they seem to be the same in most ways but there is some thing that is not right...

I love the metal slug and ss series but each game since playmore took control has lost more if its excitement and energy.

Blood or not I think playmore can do better. They just want to push the line of minimal work and maximum cash. Now a days games need the extra touch.

I had no problem buying an aes or mvs cart back in the day for 500+ if I loved every thing about the game. To spend that money on a game now I am not 99% happy with is crazy.

For the time the money got you a crazy exiting game now it seems to only get you a borderline average game…. Ill pass and hope to see some thing that makes my old snk heart warm again.

hanafuda

No one seems to be talking about this game now that KOF XI is out, but Kohatsu has some new videos up featuring a fairly devastating Earthquake.

http://ko-hatsu.com/

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
Are there two DM's per character?
At first i thought different "grooves" would give different DM's in some cases, but looking at some of the latest vids the same character pulls of two different DM's in one match. Example Haohmaru Uppercuts (SS3+) and (Extremely) Big Slash (SS2).

I'm still keeping watch on both NBC and SST even though XI is out. Really looking forward to all of them.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
The other super move is a despiration move exclusive to that particular "spirit".

And I don't see any new videos at ko-hatsu.

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
So there are one DM for each spirit? plus one standard DM?
Sounds overkill to me, but it would be fantastic if it's true.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
No. That super move performed with the green aura spot is exclusive to that one spirit. Think of it as a despiration move when you're low on life. You don't see this move in any other spirit.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Tung Fu ru said:
So does anyone know or have any idea when SS Tenka is supposed to get to the U.S.??? I want to play this fucking game. Hopefully Gameworks (even though it sux) gets it cus most arcades around here don't exist anymore.

Ya know I was just about to disagree with ya about the Gameworks thing, but then I remembered that it's owned by Sega, so anything is possible. Maybe KoFXI too! Someone could bring it to America(hopefully the midwest) with this auction on ebay . :buttrock: