Gran Turismo 4 Thread

Robert

20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Is Race Meeting endless? Do you just have to exit when you get bored?

I don't know, I have never tried. Did you try to stop at the pit to see if you can stop?

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Robert said:
I don't know, I have never tried. Did you try to stop at the pit to see if you can stop?

No, I just did a fairly challenging 10 laps, but didn't plan on sitting there all night so paused and then exited.

Give it a try and see if you can figure it out. You get opponenets in cars of a similar spec to you so if nothing else you should be in for a decent race.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
So I finally just bought a PS2, so I've gotten a chance to really sit down with the game, but yet I still cannot figure out how to access the suspension tuning options and stuff like that after you buy full customize parts. Could someone fill me in on that one?

Btw, zonda S 7.2 is amazing, worth every cr I paid for it, esp since I just did easy rally events that give you rally cars that sell for tons, haha

hanafuda

Igniz v2 said:
So I finally just bought a PS2, so I've gotten a chance to really sit down with the game, but yet I still cannot figure out how to access the suspension tuning options and stuff like that after you buy full customize parts. Could someone fill me in on that one?

Btw, zonda S 7.2 is amazing, worth every cr I paid for it, esp since I just did easy rally events that give you rally cars that sell for tons, haha

Before you start a race, just go into Settings and you can tweak all tweakable parts in there. Scroll to the right if you can't find what you are looking for. You can also save up to 3 different settings per car.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Hehe, I finally unwrapped my copy of GT4 I got months ago.... and passed the first 14 B test. Only got 2 gold, should I tried to get more golds? Some of the golds seem really hard, I don't want to waste alot of time.

Any good recommendation for a good starting (used) car to buy? I only have 10k credits.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Lastblade said:
Hehe, I finally unwrapped my copy of GT4 I got months ago.... and passed the first 14 B test. Only got 2 gold, should I tried to get more golds? Some of the golds seem really hard, I don't want to waste alot of time.

Any good recommendation for a good starting (used) car to buy? I only have 10k credits.

It drained the hell out of me going for all gold... But then I kinda got REAL obsessed. Mix tests with races was the good advice I got.

hanafuda

Lastblade said:

Getting all gold for a particular licence is tough and will take a lot of time. You get a prize car for all bronze, silver, and gold respectively, but they may not be what you need so read a FAQ before you spend the time.

Lastblade said:

It really depends what your objectives are.

If you want a fast car that you can use in quite a few events early on, then aim to win the Toyota Rally Raid Car from the Special Conditions hall: Rally d' Capri.

Stellaking said:
I'm seriously thinking about getting back into GT4 on this 29...

Get something that displays 1080i instead. GT4 in 1080i is awesome.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lastblade said:

go to the used hall and see what you can afford. something rear or 4 wheel drive, for a low cost. get it and hope you have enough to change the oil and do the beginner races. it's hard to pick the best car for it but you should be able to win enough moneyin the sunday cup to win the costa di almalfi or whatever race and sell the toyota you win for a nice 265,000 which will get you a really badass car with which to go around kicking ass with.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
go to the used hall and see what you can afford. something rear or 4 wheel drive, for a low cost. get it and hope you have enough to change the oil and do the beginner races. it's hard to pick the best car for it but you should be able to win enough moneyin the sunday cup to win the costa di almalfi or whatever race and sell the toyota you win for a nice 265,000 which will get you a really badass car with which to go around kicking ass with.

Thanks, I saw a Mitsubitshi Evo or something, that is under 10000 used. I think I will start with that.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
kim_kaphwans comment embodies everything that is dull with GT,

get your 'money maker' car, tune it up to the tits, then win every race, then win those races again, then win them again, then have lots of money, then change your money maker for one that'll enter the new races, tune it up.., win the race, ZZzzz

forza > gt4, if only for the fact it ditches all that crap

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lastblade said:
Thanks, I saw a Mitsubitshi Evo or something, that is under 10000 used. I think I will start with that.
yeah get it and use it in the sunday cup and the 4 wheel drive only cup. use that money to mod it and try in the costa di almalfi in the special condition hall. get that toyota, hock it, and go from there.

kernow said:

get your 'money maker' car, tune it up to the tits, then win every race, then win those races again, then win them again, then have lots of money, then change your money maker for one that'll enter the new races, tune it up.., win the race, ZZzzz

forza > gt4, if only for the fact it ditches all that crap
did you finally take me off of ignore kern? has hell frozen over? nah prolly not haha

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan
This message is hidden because Kim _Kaphwan is on your ignore list.

.. no, I just merely saw your quoted post.

3 .. or is it 4 years now?

:chimp:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
yeah get it and use it in the sunday cup and the 4 wheel drive only cup. use that money to mod it and try in the costa di almalfi in the special condition hall. get that toyota, hock it, and go from there.

See what I mean? I love being right.

Its just good I'm right all the time too.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
kernow said:
See what I mean? I love being right.

Its just good I'm right all the time too.
well we're not saying you're wrong no one is arguing that. it's just you prefer forza and we prefer GT4. it's a matter of taste. and wait a minute since when do you support anything microsoft?

hanafuda

kernow said:

Not really. That is one way of doing it. There are others.

I have 166 cars in my garage, and not one of them is tuned with anything more than different tires, yet I am at 71% completion.

Also, besides winning the Toyota Rally Raid Car about 5 times for cash when I was saving for a Mazda 787B (a car I simply wanted: it was by no means necessary to make progress in the game), there isn't a single race I have repeated for cash. I found this to be an issue in GT3, but not in GT4.

It is difficult to save up for the top level cars, like the Toyota GT1, but you can win similar performance cars anyway, so getting the others is just icing on the cake.

Please refrain from trolling here again.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
well we're not saying you're wrong no one is arguing that. it's just you prefer forza and we prefer GT4. it's a matter of taste. and wait a minute since when do you support anything microsoft?

I actually enjoy Forza alot, and I look forward to Forza 2 on 360 (if it is really good, I might even think about getting a 360). I can enjoy both series equally, I don't know why people have to act like one of them is their first born, the other is the devil spawn!?! They are both good driving games IMO, with different focus.

hanafuda

Anyone here familiar with the Mitsubishi Mirage event?

Only two different types can enter, and I'm wondering where you get the other Mirage (not the Mirage 1400 that you can buy new from the Mitsubishi line up).

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Anyone here familiar with the Mitsubishi Mirage event?

Only two different types can enter, and I'm wondering where you get the other Mirage (not the Mirage 1400 that you can buy new from the Mitsubishi line up).
the mirage cyborg can be purchased in the used car lots. it pops up from time to time. i hate that race though the mirage is a POS car.

hanafuda

Kim _Kaphwan said:
the mirage cyborg can be purchased in the used car lots. it pops up from time to time. i hate that race though the mirage is a POS car.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.

I bought the Mirage 1400 with the intention of beating that event, put soft sport tires on there to give me a bit of an edge, and even so the first race was for 200 A Spec points.

I don't want to upgrade it at this point so I'll wait for the Cyborg.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.

I bought the Mirage 1400 with the intention of beating that event, put soft sport tires on there to give me a bit of an edge, and even so the first race was for 200 A Spec points.

I don't want to upgrade it at this point so I'll wait for the Cyborg.
that's really one of my most hated events. much like some of the honda events where you have to use a civic or some nonsense, and the front wheel drive only event. i really can't stand races where i can't use something rear drive.

hanafuda

Kim _Kaphwan said:
that's really one of my most hated events. much like some of the honda events where you have to use a civic or some nonsense, and the front wheel drive only event. i really can't stand races where i can't use something rear drive.

The Cyborg appeared for sale the very next time I fired up the game so I grabbed it.

Thought the event was quite interesting, as the old 1400s from 1978 have the better speed on faster circuits, but the Cyborgs have the better handling for the more complex circuits, so the race difficulty can vary quite a bit. Rolling starts don't help when you are in a slower car either.

I won three of the five races and that was enough to win the event. For the final race at Suzuka, I qualified to try and ensure the win.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
wow. so i did the nurenburgring 24 hour endurance and won the gran turismo formula 1 car. then i went to the used car lot and the special black editions of the 787B and R92CP were for sale. so i bought them up as quick as i could. they're so much cooler than the regular colors just cause they're solid black all over and look kinda like road cars and yet they aren't. and the formula 1 car has insane acceleration and even crazier slipstream capabilities. awesome car.

hanafuda

Kim _Kaphwan said:
wow. so i did the nurenburgring 24 hour endurance and won the gran turismo formula 1 car. then i went to the used car lot and the special black editions of the 787B and R92CP were for sale. so i bought them up as quick as i could. they're so much cooler than the regular colors just cause they're solid black all over and look kinda like road cars and yet they aren't. and the formula 1 car has insane acceleration and even crazier slipstream capabilities. awesome car.

Nice. The black editions of those cars are only available on certain days right?

Did you A Spec or B Spec Nurburgring 24 hour?