Gran Turismo 4 Thread

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Pretty sure I have done the Clio race but not the Opel one.

I need to clean up a couple of medals in the VW event hall first and then look to the next objective. I'm kind of thinking of putting some serious time into the Mission Hall, as I really want the Toyota 7. You got that yet?
no the missions are really tough after the first ten. i did those, got the delorean, and said that was that as they start to get really hard and i lack the dedication to keep trying at it.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
does anyone have the lancia delta HF integrale road car? it can only be bought in the used car hall. and apparently never shows up in there. anyone have it, and if so could you look in your diary for when you bought it? that way i know how many daysit takes til it may or may not make an appearence in the shop.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Kim _Kaphwan said:
no the missions are really tough after the first ten. i did those, got the delorean, and said that was that as they start to get really hard and i lack the dedication to keep trying at it.

Yeah, I did the first ten, and then the difficulty leaps at number 11. Still, I decided to work through them. Yesterday I beat number 12, which is the Ford GT at Laguna Seca. It's pretty tough, as apart from you having to push very hard, one sniff of a curb and the Ford GT is on off the track.

I'm getting there on Mission 13 too. Peugeot 206 rally car around Opera, Paris.

May try to tackle Mission 11 after that :emb:

hanafuda

Still no joy on either of those two missions, but I did clear two of the one-lap missions where you have to sit on the grid for a long time while older, slower cars go off ahead of you and you have to get past them all in one lap. Really cool idea. I did the Nissan one at Fuji, and that wasn't too tough, but the Honda one at Suzuka is really challenging. Took a lot of attempts, but I finally nailed it and beat the fastest CPU car by 0.7 seconds. Made a nice replay save too :buttrock:

hanafuda

Anyone know where you get the Audi TT Touring Car from?

Also, what is the deal with the Opel Speedster race? Do you need to tune the car to the max to stand a chance?

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Anyone know where you get the Audi TT Touring Car from?

Also, what is the deal with the Opel Speedster race? Do you need to tune the car to the max to stand a chance?
dude i have no idea how to win the opel speedster race. last game i was at 98 percent completion and i had that race and the two lemans races left to do and i could never complete the opel speedster race. it's impossible.

you win that audi in the nurnburgring 4 hour endurance.

do you know how to get the lancia delta HF integrale road car? it appears in the used car shop at random, did you ever see it in there?

Last edited:

hanafuda

Kim _Kaphwan said:
dude i have no idea how to win the opel speedster race. last game i was at 98 percent completion and i had that race and the two lemans races left to do and i could never complete the opel speedster race. it's impossible.

you win that audi in the nurnburgring 4 hour endurance.

do you know how to get the lancia delta HF integrale road car? it appears in the used car shop at random, did you ever see it in there?

Think I'll have a crack at that 4 hour race. Any recommendations on a car that would get me between 60 and 80 A Spec points for a win?

As for the Speedster race, I had a play around in B Spec mode last night, and just upgraded the car with the following:

Stage 3 turbo
All brake mods
All weight reduction mods
Racing exhaust
Racing tyres

It made the car competitive. My driver probably would have won the first race were it not for the fact that he span out on a corner right near the end.

hanafuda

Those Speedster races really are odd. Probably the strangest in the whole game.

I just won two of them using the spec posted above, and although the car is a handfull, they weren't particularly difficult. Even so, both races earned me 200 A spec points a piece.

Very strange.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
yeah the speedster is a weird car. one minute it seems fine, then on the next turn it spins out into a wall and you have no idea why. i hate the race so i leave it alone. i'll do it someday, just not any time soon.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
beat the grand canyon race on hard. took me forever but i have the mitsubishi starion. and i'm still just kinda goofing around with the game trying to rewin cars to get better colors.

hanafuda

Kim _Kaphwan said:
beat the grand canyon race on hard. took me forever but i have the mitsubishi starion. and i'm still just kinda goofing around with the game trying to rewin cars to get better colors.

Nice one.

I'm at 92% completion, but don't think I have beaten that race yet.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Nice one.

I'm at 92% completion, but don't think I have beaten that race yet.
it's hard i ended up having to use the land rover range stormer and tuning the suspension as best i could with some racing mods and blocking the evo i was up against behind me. i'm at about 90% complete now working on clearing up rally races and the driving events which are hard as shit when you get into the three lap battles and such.

hanafuda

Kim _Kaphwan said:
it's hard i ended up having to use the land rover range stormer and tuning the suspension as best i could with some racing mods and blocking the evo i was up against behind me. i'm at about 90% complete now working on clearing up rally races and the driving events which are hard as shit when you get into the three lap battles and such.

Yeah, I still have a few of those three lap battles to do, and they are tough. Take a lot of time to master.

The one lap battles are a lot of fun though. I really like the concept of those. One or two are quite easy, but some are very tough. The last one I beat was the Corvette one at Infinion, and it is very tough IMO. Took many attempts, but was very satisfying when I finally did beat it. They make great little replay saves too.

Last time I played I was working on licences, and there was on that I just couldn't beat, and to rub salt in the wound, on one attempt I was 0.001 second too slow for the gold :mad: Beat it in the end though :A: