Gran Turismo 4 Thread

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
You have a better chance of sleeping with Vida Guerra than the Corvettes actually having a shot at beating Audi.
audi will wreck and crash or suffer some sort of mechanical failure leaving the window open to chevrolet.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
audi will wreck and crash or suffer some sort of mechanical failure leaving the window open to chevrolet.

Kim will deflate their tires if necesary

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
2005 73 J.J. Lehto–Marco Werner–Tom Kristensen - Audi R8
2004 72 Seiji Ara–Tom Kristensen–Rinaldo Capello - Audi R8
2003 71 Tom Kristensen–Rinaldo Capello–Guy Smith - Bentley Speed 8 (also counts as Audi since they (VW/Audi) owns Bentley and decided to run under the Bentley name.
2002 70 Frank Biela–Tom Kristensen–Emanuele Pirro - Audi R8
2001 69 Frank Biela–Tom Kristensen–Emanuele Pirro - Audi R8
2000 68 Frank Biela–Tom Kristensen–Emanuele Pirro - Joest Racing Audi R8

I don't think wrecking or crashing or mechanical failure will stop Audi.

Robert

20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
2005 73 J.J. Lehto–Marco Werner–Tom Kristensen - Audi R8
2004 72 Seiji Ara–Tom Kristensen–Rinaldo Capello - Audi R8
2003 71 Tom Kristensen–Rinaldo Capello–Guy Smith - Bentley Speed 8 (also counts as Audi since they (VW/Audi) owns Bentley and decided to run under the Bentley name.
2002 70 Frank Biela–Tom Kristensen–Emanuele Pirro - Audi R8
2001 69 Frank Biela–Tom Kristensen–Emanuele Pirro - Audi R8
2000 68 Frank Biela–Tom Kristensen–Emanuele Pirro - Joest Racing Audi R8

I don't think wrecking or crashing or mechanical failure will stop Audi.

Ok but this year, they're taking a completely different path with the diesel engine. So it's like a new start.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
OrochiEddie said:
I heard the rally races are much harder on the wheel.

There may be some truth in that, as I find the off-road stuff harder on GT4 (wheel) than I did with GT3 (pad).

Still, not sure why that would be if it is the case though...

Robert

20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
There may be some truth in that, as I find the off-road stuff harder on GT4 (wheel) than I did with GT3 (pad).

Still, not sure why that would be if it is the case though...

There is something I don't get concerning the off road races. I managed to win some 170+ A-spec races on the track but I struggle to win a 50 A-spec race on the Ice.....

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Robert said:
Ok but this year, they're taking a completely different path with the diesel engine. So it's like a new start.
Audi R10 TDI won 12 Hours of Sebring. Not thinking Audi will win LeMans this year is ridiculous.

hanafuda

Robert said:
There is something I don't get concerning the off road races. I managed to win some 170+ A-spec races on the track but I struggle to win a 50 A-spec race on the Ice.....

Very true.

I struggle to win some of the 1 A Spec point races in the Special Conditions Hall!

I think it is partly because the spec of your car matters far less on the dirt and snow: it is much more down to your driving skill. Having a ton of power doesn't make any difference because it is very difficult to get that power onto the road surface, so there really isn't much advantage in having it. That situation is reversed for a standard tarmac race.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I did the M club race set earlier saturday. Used the M3 CSL and won 1st in all but one race (suzuka i think). Nurdburgring was a close one but ended with hilarity. I had a bad start then on the big straight away was flying down the road. Unfortunately the car just starts getting completely out of control at that point. So i go off road go flying sideways. The 3 Ms ahead of me are making the turn and i plow into the lead car. He spins out and smashes into the wall, I get bumped by the M behind me pushing me in the right direction and I take the win.

Anyone do the vegas drag strip. Just wondering what kind of times people are getting. My best is with the suzuki escuda i can't remember the time itself but ill post it soon.

hanafuda

OrochiEddie said:
Anyone do the vegas drag strip. Just wondering what kind of times people are getting. My best is with the suzuki escuda i can't remember the time itself but ill post it soon.

Yeah, I have a few times from there. Nice little inclusion. Really doesn't need to be in there, but I love the way they took the time to build the Vegas strip just to have some nice eye candy for a sprint section.

Anyway, post your times and I'll see what I can come up with.

hanafuda

I really need to learn how to drive Nurburgring properly :crying:

That is my next goal.

Robert

20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
I really need to learn how to drive Nurburgring properly :crying:

That is my next goal.

Mastering the Nurburgring is the sacred graal for every driver. If you own it, you own everything.

It's like a RPG player who post "I really need to get to lvl 99, that's my aim"

hanafuda

Robert said:
Mastering the Nurburgring is the sacred graal for every driver. If you own it, you own everything.

It's like a RPG player who post "I really need to get to lvl 99, that's my aim"

Yeah, I am pretty happy with my knowledge of all the other tracks, with maybe the exception of Grand Canyon. For Nurburgring, I know the first 1/3 or 1/2, but after that I just don't have it memorised properly. I have a general idea, but I don't know it well enough to drive with confidence and get good lap times, and once you are on the grass in a powerful car it usually takes quite a while to get back on the tarmac.

There are a couple of Nurburgring events in the Extreme Hall that I really need to clear, and the CPU is fast on them both...

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Yeah, I am pretty happy with my knowledge of all the other tracks, with maybe the exception of Grand Canyon. For Nurburgring, I know the first 1/3 or 1/2, but after that I just don't have it memorised properly. I have a general idea, but I don't know it well enough to drive with confidence and get good lap times, and once you are on the grass in a powerful car it usually takes quite a while to get back on the tarmac.

There are a couple of Nurburgring events in the Extreme Hall that I really need to clear, and the CPU is fast on them both...
drive it a few dozen times in a set of cars that are all kind of similar and yet all offer different physics on the road you'll learn the track easily that way. i did it with a bunch of Z's from the old 240Z to the lemans concept Z.

Robert

20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:

A good way to learn how to drive is to DL some laps made by racing cars. You can see where they're braking,etc...

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Robert said:
A good way to learn how to drive is to DL some laps made by racing cars. You can see where they're braking,etc...
no way man. seeing other people's times and laps never lets you get a feel for it yourself, never lets you get into it with your own car and find out how much you and the car can handle before having to brake, seeing someone else isn't as personal or as focused on your own skills/abilities.

hanafuda

Kim _Kaphwan said:
no way man. seeing other people's times and laps never lets you get a feel for it yourself, never lets you get into it with your own car and find out how much you and the car can handle before having to brake, seeing someone else isn't as personal or as focused on your own skills/abilities.

I wouldn't totally rule it out. Sometimes I have watched the demonstrations in the licence hall to see the exact road positions and speed the CPU is taking on the corners. Can be useful for reference.

Bottom line is that I need to put quite a lot more time into Nurburgring. Plenty of practice laps...

Robert

20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
I wouldn't totally rule it out. Sometimes I have watched the demonstrations in the licence hall to see the exact road positions and speed the CPU is taking on the corners. Can be useful for reference.

Bottom line is that I need to put quite a lot more time into Nurburgring. Plenty of practice laps...

I agree that watching videos won't tell you where to brake exactly with your car but it will give you a clue. Just like hanafuda said, watching the demo in the licence hall is more than useful...

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Robert said:
I agree that watching videos won't tell you where to brake exactly with your car but it will give you a clue. Just like hanafuda said, watching the demo in the licence hall is more than useful...
i dunno i just never learned like that. i learned by just doing it over and over. and i think that's one of the benefits about gran turismo not having crashes in the game, you gotta learn somehow and not have to but new car parts and such just cause you make mistakes while learning. though when learning it's best to take a slower car but sometimes you just can't help taking out something balls to the wall fast.

Robert

20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i dunno i just never learned like that. i learned by just doing it over and over. and i think that's one of the benefits about gran turismo not having crashes in the game, you gotta learn somehow and not have to but new car parts and such just cause you make mistakes while learning. though when learning it's best to take a slower car but sometimes you just can't help taking out something balls to the wall fast.

I get your point but sometimes it's useful to see how the cruves are taken or where you have to brake. If you keep training thinking that you're taking the right line, you'll never make it.

hanafuda

Has anyone here A Specced Formula GT?

Apart from the Nurburgring races, that is all I have left to clear in Extreme Hall now.

Robert

20 Year Member
Right now I'm playing with 2 DC5.

First one: race version (type R cup)
Stage 2 NA tuning
Custom gearbox with dedicated setting for each race
Race clutch
Race flywheel
R3 tyres.

Second one: Rallye version (only street rallye)
Race exhaust
Stage 3 weight reduction
Race clutch
Race flywheel
R5 tyres.

Both are awesome. A stock DC5 with a race exhaust sounds like a real rallye car. Awesome. I wish the next Clio Renault Sport will be this good.

hanafuda

Robert said:
Right now I'm playing with 2 DC5.

First one: race version (type R cup)
Stage 2 NA tuning
Race clutch
Race flywheel
R3 tyres.

Second one: Rallye version (only street rallye)
Race exhaust
Stage 3 weight reduction
Race clutch
Race flywheel
R5 tyres.

Both are awesome. A stock DC5 with a race exhaust sounds like a real rallye car. Awesome. I wish the next Clio Renault Sport will be this good.

DC5? Which car is that? Renault? I play the JPN version so some car names are different.

By the way, I just beat the Elise cup. Really don't like that car much. Need to spend more time with it, but first impressions weren't good. I had more fun using the Lotus Europa in the other Lotus Classic type event.

Robert

20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
DC5? Which car is that? Renault? I play the JPN version so some car names are different.

By the way, I just beat the Elise cup. Really don't like that car much. Need to spend more time with it, but first impressions weren't good. I had more fun using the Lotus Europa in the other Lotus Classic type event.

Sorry to not make it clear, it's an integra type R (the new model coded DC5).

For the Elise, what did you not like about the car? which model did you take?

hanafuda

Robert said:
Sorry to not make it clear, it's an integra type R (the new model coded DC5).

Ah, I haven't purchased one of those yet, but the other day I did grab a Spoon Civic Type R, which is quite entertaining.

Robert said:
For the Elise, what did you not like about the car? which model did you take?

For the Elise model I will have to check and get back to you. 111 or 122??

I just don't like the handling of it, or the brakes. It just seems to slide sideways really easily, although I was getting better with it by the end of the session. Still not that keen though...