Classic Edition AES bundles : Orders open

Neo-weirdo

Mr. Big's Thug
I can hear SNKP now, "hahahahahaha, stupid american..." "he have more money then brain, hahahahahhah"

Last edited:

Shawn

snkusa.com
samuraiX said:
you crazy man... that's too many "x"s
Was either a new car or these inserts. No brainer for me! I'm quite pleased with the choice as this was a rare opportunity.

udisi said:
Hey Shawn you should press them to get the plates, considering you practicly payed for them. The plates would be a neat collectable

Atomiswave said:
try to get a ltd ed piece of art or something like that for all the fans, not just usa aes. i mean, something like a plate would be awesome. what do you think?
Wish I would have thought of that earlier. Thanks for the idea. They may have already disposed of these plates by now, but will ask tonight!

In the past they did provide original RotD artworks, and those were included with AES bundles. Some of you may remember. They were one of a kind, and I wouldn't mind buying them back if given the chance.

daybona

Juz,
So for the time being we will just update manually every week or so to display up-to-date quantities.

Oops, I can read, honest. I'm calmer now, since I bit the bullet and secured myself a copy of Slug 5.

(Waits for a re-enactment of the last days of Slug 3....)

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
Shawn said:
Was either a new car or these inserts. No brainer for me! I'm quite pleased with the choice as this was a rare opportunity.

so why did it cost so much?

Did the plates just cost a lot to make?

†B†V†

Shawn

snkusa.com
Bluevoodu said:
so why did it cost so much?

Did the plates just cost a lot to make?

†B†V†
The problem is that it is relatively the same cost to produce 50 inserts or 500. So when you divide xxxx by xx, you get a bigger # than dividing xxxx by xxx.

Hope this helps. Ok, back to work, much to do.

udisi

n00b
btw, after these classic inserts do sell-out, will you be allowed to release the print run numbers?

Atomiswave

Zero's Secretary
Shawn

Shawn,

I seriously thank you for trying to contact them on that idea. Anything would be so aweseom because its all on its way to the transition etc...it wont be the same.

Now would be a great time to get some thing like that.

How about a special edition KOF vs Metal Slug poster lol.
Or something like those rotd posters, signed Slug stuff would be supreme. Like slug 5 hand drawn hahahha ok, im dreaming.

Just a thanks for considering it, and hearing us pawns. I just hope snkp listen to you one last time!

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
Shawn said:
The problem is that it is relatively the same cost to produce 50 inserts or 500. So when you divide xxxx by xx, you get a bigger # than dividing xxxx by xxx.

Hope this helps. Ok, back to work, much to do.

I understand the quantity issue....
but it costed xx,xxx.xx for them?
Thats what I can't figure out.

thats nuts. lol :D

†B†V†

Last edited:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
The Neo community should support Shawn, especially given the time and money he's put in to make all this stuff available.:)

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Neo Ash said:
The Neo community should support Shawn, especially given the time and money he's put in to make all this stuff available.:)

Ok so go to the neo store and buy both SVC and Matrimelee to get these "collector" items.

I must acknowledge that I'd like to get these stuffs to death just for the beauty of the design but the price warns me to let my money in my wallet.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Neo-weirdo said:
I can hear SNKP now, "hahahahahaha, stupid american..." "he have more money then brain, hahahahahhah"

That's what this drama is all about.

Shawn said:

personally I would have gone with a car to avoid the incessant whining and bitching.

guess it gives me a little more reason to buy up the games I have missed out on the past couple years...

oh, and get some original Falcoon art, that would rock :tickled:

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
Tristesse said:
Haha I'm laughing to death.

$409 for MS5? Get lost man.
Bying Matrimelee and SVC for the MS4 and RotD inserts? FUCK YOU.

Regardless of the fact that I think these "classic art packs" are a stupid thing, those comments SHOULD GET YOU BANNED, MORON.

Idiotic Frenchmen...:mad:

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
Tristesse said:
Ok so go to the neo store and buy both SVC and Matrimelee to get these "collector" items.

I must acknowledge that I'd like to get these stuffs to death just for the beauty of the design but the price warns me to let my money in my wallet.

Stop fucking whining, you moron, and learn some manners.

Shin Takuma

Kuroko's Training Dummy
This bundle sale is still a problem.

I would have bought each one of these Art sets if there were sold separatly.

Too bad.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Shawn said:
Wish I would have thought of that earlier. Thanks for the idea. They may have already disposed of these plates by now, but will ask tonight!

You gotta be quiker when using your noodle my friend. Realize the WHOLE picture.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Lovecraft0110 said:
Regardless of the fact that I think these "classic art packs" are a stupid thing, those comments SHOULD GET YOU BANNED, MORON.

Idiotic Frenchmen...:mad:

Be banned for that? He don't forget to put back your brain in your skull before writing on these boards asshole.

And furthermore YOU should be banned for aggressing people whereas they didn't do anything! FUCK YOU PAELLA SUCKER.

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
Tristesse said:
Be banned for that? He don't forget to put back your brain in your skull before writing on these boards asshole.

And furthermore YOU should be banned for aggressing people whereas they didn't do anything! FUCK YOU PAELLA SUCKER.

:lol:

PS: on second thoughts, you need to learn some English, as well as manners. :lol:

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
ORPHEUS said:
You gotta be quiker when using your noodle my friend. Realize the WHOLE picture.

he probably is quicker than that and has a whole crap load of customer "Shawn" Merchandise lol.

†B†V†

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
To quote Teddy off of Stand by Me:

How do you know that a Frenchman has been in you yard?

Your trash can is empty and your dog is pregnant :D.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

rimm_rs

Banned
Look cost, should not be what we are worried about. I can tell you 100% for sure that these inserts likely cost $5-7k on SNK's end. What Shawn paid might have been more if they were trying to make some $.

The time to set up the printing press and run it long enough to get the registartion and color correct is the same whether they run 1 unit or 1,000,000 units. See a press is NOT like a laser printer where the first print is perfect. The probably ran a couple hundred of each before everything looks like it should. These would have been done on a sheet fed printer (save for the stickers) and likely all were done in the same run with the same plate (a sheet-fed printer will allow up to 16 pages to be printed at one time thus making this a one print job). That also means they are a VERY small quantity.

I worked for a magazine for 7 years and have seen how it is all done numerous times.

As for what it takes to buy one, that is where I have an issue. OK, with KOF 2001-2003, and MS5 (to a lseer degree) it makes sense that you put the appropiate insert with the game of the same title. Buy KOF 2001, get 2 KOf 2001 inserts; no worries here.

I do take issue with ROTD/Matrimelee and MS4/SVC combos.

I can **kinda** see that argument of, "Matrimelee is a fighter and even has ROTD characters, thus the insert is **sorta** matching (you gotta ask yourself; would you put a KOF96 insert in your Ninja Masters?). If you're one of those people that owns ROTD and wants Matrimelee, then this works, but for everyone else (quite a few of us I'd guess), this one is dicey at best.

As for MS4 and SVC... :help:

I am afraid I don't get it.

I, for example, am a big fan of the MS series. I however DO NOT like fighting games very much. I only own 5 or so in my entire collection. I am an action/shooter fan. So what would I do with SVC if I bought one to geet the ROTD insert? Sell it. Still, I would end up taking a $40 or so loss on it (beyong the $65 the insert runs meaning the real cost of the insert os $105) as I would sell it. Why a $40 or so loss? Would you pay $319 from me when you can get it from Shawn with a full warranty? Of course not. So for it to sell (even if new and mint), I would have to drop it down to the market price of $275 or so.

So all in all, I do not begrudge Shawn because most (I presume) is not his fault. I am assumming that these are SNK's rules of what goes with what, and whom can buy the inserts. I am also assumming this is how SNK told Shawn to do it and if he had a free hand he would never have done some this poorly planned. I mean this is no reward at all, don't even try ad fool yourself. I KNOW for a fact that Shawn "gets" the Neo community.

Poor planning point 1:
Making people buy SVC to get a MS4 insert or Matrimelee to get a ROTD insert is a great deal for everyone except the collector that buys game as they come out. And that is a good portion of the people here. For example SVC had a run of WAY over 500 copies and 70% them have sold. Whom bought the early? The collector of course.

Poor planning point 2:
In the computer software world, if you buy and program and with say 45 days a new version hits, you are given a SERIOUS discount or free coupon for the upgrade. MS5 has ben out barely a month and this is how we get rewarded for putting our money up ahead of time. Acts like this one SNk is pulling are punative.

In the end, SNK is getting out and I think they do want to help Shawn move his stock, which a move like this will do. But this is not much of a "Thanx for supporting us" to a large portion of the collecting base (the pople that have kept them going).

It's a bummer that the most hardcore of us (early buers of the aes titles) will either have a choice: shell out (more power to those that choose to) or sit and watch.

I personally, plan to sit and watch. I am sure that eventually, I will be able to buy the inserts I want (you guessed it the two that I took exception to above) when they come up for sale and be able to do so with out have to resell another game to get them.

Guess this is a principle thing.

Last edited: