Classic Edition AES bundles : Orders open

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Wow, these super rare inserts will be sold out in the year 2010 at prices like these! :eek_2:

Neo-weirdo

Mr. Big's Thug
Since when was paper worth $60!?:eek:

I can print these same inserts on my computer. Who wants one? My price is $3 shipped;)

T

TheDjinn

This is BS. What are you supposed to do if you bought all these games, from the Neo Store even??? Spend nearly $2000 and have plenty of doubles? While I am thankful that Shawn was able to get these produced, this isn't fair for the loyal people that bought these already. And just knowing that I bought KOF 03 2 weeks ago is more annoying. This must have been known 2 weeks ago. Maybe keep a record of who bought the games from the Neo Store, and allow them to buy just the art packs. That would make sense.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
c.t.h said:
This is just a tactic to move stock, yeah, for the fans :rolleyes: .

BINGO!

Everyone go read my post in the thread about these inserts. It's good when you can see things for what they really are. Honestly, SNK's "thank you/farewell" screensaver was a better "gift" than this fumble from playmore.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
shawn should offer the inserts to people who bought those games from the neo-store already, this is like selling out your customers. say 20-25 for the inserts if you already bought it from the neo store.

personally i think this is LAME, it's pretty much playmore admitting their inserts have sucked since they took over, and they're correcting them.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I thought these were not supposed to be sold to one person/individual?

udisi

n00b
Damn it's roughly $30 an insert, and $25-$30 a sticker....Man I wish MS4 was with SSV, I really don't want SVC Chaos, but I want the MS4 set

Judging from what I'm hearing here,I'm guessing the MS5 game stock will sell out before the classic series do. There were only 49 MS5's already, if people don't by the classic version, I'm a guessing that 50-75 sets are gonna be left over and Shawn will either have to bundle it with another game, sell it seperatly, or destroy them.

Neo-weirdo

Mr. Big's Thug
udisi said:
Damn it's roughly $30 an insert, and $25-$30 a sticker....Man I wish MS4 was with SSV, I really don't want SVC Chaos, but I want the MS4 set

Judging from what I'm hearing here,I'm guessing the MS5 game stock will sell out before the classic series do. There were only 49 MS5's already, if people don't by the classic version, I'm a guessing that 50-75 sets are gonna be left over and Shawn will either have to bundle it with another game, sell it seperatly, or destroy them.

"destroy them"!!!? Are you on crack??

NEVER, in the coming history of videogames will there be a game platform/culture like NEO GEO.

Think about it, outside the box. For 13 years, we can buy home versions of arcade games, in ROM format no less. These games are relatively low in world-wide distribution, and can be fetched for oodles of money. NEO GEO is also prob the biggest drama machine a game platform has ever been.

Guys, we are living in extraordinary times, and damn its still fun. :eek_2:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Electroman said:

Guys, we are living in extraordinary times, and damn its still fun. :eek_2:

MMmm Do you think it to be funny? I personnally think it to be the final backstab after 4 years of agony.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Tiptonium said:
A better deal for the fans might have been to offer the entire art pack for $99 without having to buy games.
That will never happen, as $99 would be well below my cost. The current price bumps are merely to help offset the outrageous production costs of these artworks. My original reply from SNKP was that my request is impossible, as the costs to design and print a limited supply of new inserts and stickers would be too cost prohibitive.

I still requested a quote and I spoke on the phone with my contact, who I have been working with since the very beginning, and he told me the price and then laughed. Naturally, he expected me to laugh with him because of the big number, but instead I said I accept! “I will gladly send SNK xx,xxx.xx USD for these printed materials.” Of course from any other business perspective in the game industry, this wouldn’t make any sense at all, but this is the Neo-Geo.

rarebucky said:
EVERYONE, this is VERY simple - if everyone believes this is bullshit (which I think many of us do), then DON'T PURCHASE THESE!!! It's that simple. Maybe then Shawn will be forced to part off these art packs separately. Remember, this hobby is all market driven, so if the market says "no", he will have to find a different way to sell these. He probably bought these from SNKP for like $5 apiece :)
Today is the busiest day in the history of the NeoStore, and this new record was already reached as of 8:00 AM this morning. FYI, orders for the classic bundles did not even open until 2:00 AM.

I would like to thank everyone for their strong support in ordering a piece of history in the making. We will make our best efforts to package these orders extremely well and without mistakes. I’m confident that 99.9% of the new owners will be more than satisfied with their classic bundles and I look forward to reading the feedback when it surfaces.

daybona

Juz,
Paper has always been the most expensive part of homecart collecting.

ie. English Collecting vs. Japanese Collecting

Its the same damn game, but the paper looks different

So one would assume the prices would be the same.

Of course this is not the case.

Oh I forgot, its really rare paper too!

Atomiswave

Zero's Secretary
Tristesse said:
MMmm Do you think it to be funny? I personnally think it to be the final backstab after 4 years of agony.

it is a backstab.

its like a farmer finding a lake of milk, and not telling his rivals. then the farmer sells his cows, and put up cardboard cows. now he just goes and puts a bucket into the river and takes the milk from the river.

a.k.a MILKING THE COW.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Important note: The current in stock quantity displays for the recent release home carts will be off due to the sales of these bundles. We will have to update these quantities manually at a later date by taking count of inventory.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Atomiswave said:
..and up come the cardboard cows. What is the reason for this secrecy?
No secrets intended. I wish there was a simple way for two item listings to share the same quantity, but this would require a complex new modification to the system. You see, KoF 2001 classic (item # 1103) is not the same item as KoF 2001 (item # 767). So as KoF 2001 classic sells, item # 767 does not reduce automatically.

Problem is, when we make new mods to the inventory database it usually breaks something, then we must debug. So for the time being we will just update manually every week or so to display up-to-date quantities.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I just dont know what to make of all this. :crying:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Neo-weirdo said:
Since when was paper worth $60!?:eek:

I can print these same inserts on my computer. Who wants one? My price is $3 shipped;)

I agree those prices are steep. It could not have cost that much simply to redesign the inserts. I am glad that Shawn is making this stuff available. However, I feel that this is SNKP last effort to stick the Neo community with high prices.:(

daybona

Juz,
Important note: The current in stock quantity displays for the recent release home carts will be off due to the sales of these bundles. We will have to update these quantities manually at a later date by taking count of inventory.

Shawn, when can we expect an update in NeoStore quantities?

udisi

n00b
Hey Shawn you should press them to get the plates, considering you practicly payed for them. The plates would be a neat collectable

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
xtoo_short20x said:
I thought so too.... as a "counter-boot" measure.

†B†V†

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:

Where can they be bought individually? I'm missing something I think.

Atomiswave

Zero's Secretary
lithy said:
Where can they be bought individually? I'm missing something I think.
lithy, i dont think too short knows you cant buy them individually.

thanks for the kind reply shawn. i still think your store rules.i realize, ive been too mean. and id like to apologize. sorry.im not ass licking, ive just got the stuff off my chest.

thanks anyways...

how about this though: try to get a ltd ed piece of art or something like that for all the fans, not just usa aes. i mean, something like a plate would be awesome. what do you think?

one last neo item? i mean, the dvd collection was awesome, but i mean, well...u catch my drift.

cheers.

;)

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
samuraiX said:
you crazy man... that's too many "x"s

I second that one.
I say X,XXX.XX shipped is about right....

That Extra X just isn't worth it.

†B†V†