Classic Edition AES bundles : Orders open

rimm_rs

Banned
Takumaji said:
rimm_rs, first of all, your Chamberlain references and your grammar school opinions on the possible prevention of WW1 not only are partly historically incorrect but also completely OT - your first post insinuated that the French pussied out of fighting against Hitler, and that not only is total crap but also one of those stereotypes you guys like to pull outta yer asses to "make fun" of a society and culture you don't have the slightest clue of. That's why... ....get some of it please.

Just for the record, the fact that you're obviously able to quote some paragraphs of yer fave comprehensive history books and come up with links to more or less uninteresting sites doesn't let you sound very well informed about the matter at hand. That's all just a loose collection of facts that have no relevance to the topic (not the Classic AES bundle crap topic thing but your anti-French-rant takeover of this thread).

That is what my reaction to your post was all about, not about my knowledge of general history and specially the time between 1871 and 1945 in Europe, which is, pardon me the elitism, based on the experience of my family that kept historical records dating back to the 17th century, not on 2nd-in-line literature. You read books about WW1 and the treaty of Versailles, yeah? Well, my grandfather Johann attended the battles of Verdun in WW1 and shed his blood for the questionable honour to die as a hero for his country. He wrote down his memoir for us children to read, together with a collection of newspaper articles, historical reports, etc. First hand experience, you know, not blah blah from history books written by ppl that can only lead theoretical discussions, and that's only a small part of our family library.

So, Is that history-savvy enough for ya, mate? Care for some more discussions about it? Very well, go ahead, let's see what news you got there, I'm all giddy with anticipation.

But again, that's off-topic.

Now, I know that some French guys are not very welcome here (some rightfully so, some simply because they make grammar/spelling mistakes and have a French flag under their avs), and perhaps some of the ole' Frenchies bashers rate me as a pussy now, but I don't fucking care, you know. I mean, why should I, there's no substance in any of those posts, let alone in your obsolete drivel about historical aspects that every bleedin' pig knows but have no connection to your bad manners towards other cultures.

THAT is the point.

You should apologize instead of cementing your idiocy even more by trying to find historical proof for your ridiculing and puns of/against the French - or did you write your history essay just to impress us with your mAd skillz? Either way, it's a big pile o'bull and you know it (at least I hope so).

Rant over.

You are angry, quite angry, and are letting fact and history slip through your fingers as though they mean nothing. That is your choice and I am not going to debate with someone whom is hearing nothing, but their own words and is better at tossing insults and family stories as categorical fact than talking. If you want to simmer down and stop yelling, then we can chat. I welcome a good conversation. In the above you have inslulted, yelled and ranted, but presented precious little information (beyond YOUR opinion and some family history) that is categorical and therefore useful.

Here's a FACT about my background; it's roughly 25% French, to hate them is to hate myself. And I will make clear I like both the French and myself. My family also fought in ever major battle in Europe since Waterloo. The storied my grandfather his experience is NOT comprehensive fact, though it is interesting listening.

I said it before and will say it again, You are speaking from emotion first and history/fact second. Becasuse I do not agree with you, my thoughts are "idiocy". I am therefore am through with you and will not repsond anymore.

Aside from that, I feel no ill will toward you and hope in the future out postings are more pleasant.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Okay... I've calmed down now.

Thing is that I don't really want to go into an in-depth historical discussion - I just found it weird that you felt the need to compile a list why France is kinda inferior with your references to the French defeat against Hitler and the fact that several ppl died there during the exceptionally hot summer of 2003. To me, that sounded like you tried to find historical proof that the French are idiots and therefore deserve to be ridiculed.

That's really all there is - I don't want to question your level of knowledge about history, even if I came off like that with a few of my comments (for which I apologise should they have offended you in any way). I don't even want to "defend" the French folks here on ng.com or protect them of the heat that comes outta the kitchen. But - making fun of someone of a different nationality is one thing, but trying to justify it by listing historical flaws of the particular country/nation simply is wrong and reeks of a pathological aversion against foreigners or ppl that are different in any way.

I hate prejudices and generalizations like that because I know damn well how simple puns can turn into "racial" slurs, tho I realize that France or the French are not a race. Anyway, I guess you know what I'm talking about and I hope I've cleared things up now. Either way, this was my last post in this thread, if you want to discuss the topic at hand any further (which is fine by me), just drop me a PM.

Just leave the frenchie bashing to the english we have been bashing each other for centuries and are experts in this particular field.:D

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
So this damn France argument is still going?? Fuck it, talk about some games.

Anyway, anybody notice that the KOF'03 classic now has the lowest quantity out of all the other bundles? (Yeah, I know that you can't see the quantity amount, but you can manually check lowest-highest quantity manually by clicking the according link to sort them).