Search results

1. S

Game Boy Advance version of Metal Slug

Does anyone know what happened to this? I've been doing some research, as we have a making of Metal Slug, and I stumbled across some press shots of it. I've found some footage on YouTube which looks great, but I can't see why it was cancelled.
  2. S

Neo Turf Masters in crap family pack

I was in a local cost cutters type store the other day and so one of those 40 games in one consoles that are so popular. It's styled on the Wii and all the games are sports types affairs. Anyway, one of the games is actually Neo Turf Masters. I had a quick go and it appears to be identical to...
  3. S

Neo Geo Images required

Does anyone have any decent high quality photos of a NEO Geo? Preferably directly looking down on it. I'm pitching it as a cover and need some shit hot photos and unfortunately I don't have a machine.
  4. S

Playing MVS games on an AES

Aside from the expensive converter is there any way that you can perhaps chip the Neo Geo so it can play normal MVS titles? I really fancy getting a machine again, but some of the main titles I want (Metal Slug, Garou) are well beyond my financial reach.
  5. S

Special Retro Gamer offer for US subs

Feel free to move this guys :) I know that a lot of occassional US readers have been put off by Retro Gamer's high price. Anyway, as of next issue you'll be able to buy RG from the likes of Borders and Barnes and Nobles for just $10 On top of this a subscription for 13 issues will cost you...
  6. S

Definitive Neo GEo AES top ten

So we've commissioned a 6-page article, but we're also needing a top 10. Now I could just write my own, but once again, thought it would be fun to open it up to you guys. So all you need to do is name your ten favourite games and give them points. 10 being the best, 1 for your least favourite...
  7. S

Writers wanted

I'm planning an article on the Neo Geo AES, and while I have someone in mind, I was wondering if there's anybody here who dabbles in writing and would like a chance to cover the machine. You would or course get paid ;) If you are interested please pm with details of past work or contact me...
  8. S

Neo Geo Arcade Cabinet

I'm looking for a Neo Geo Cabinet (preferably 4-6 slot) as my mame cabinet is buggered and I'm desperate to play Garou. I'm in the UK though and only have a small car.
  9. S

Garou Mark of the Wolves question

So we're doing a top 25 beat-em-ups in Retro Gamer and I'm trying to confirm if Mark of the Wolves is the eight or ninth game in the franchise. I've found a lot of contradictory evidence on various websites and know that you guys are sticklers for detail so thought it best to check here.
  10. S

Retro Gamer Issue 45

The Making of NiGHTS: Into Dreams We go behind the scenes and discover the fascinating creation of one of the Sega Saturn's greatest games. The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark It's arguably one of gaming's earliest film licences, but what made this Atari 2600 hit so special? Arcade...
  11. S

Retro Gamer Issue 44

Complete History DOOM Prepare to get scared senseless as Retro Gamer looks back at one of gaming's most terrifying franchises Classic Game Spy Hunter Move over James Bond, because we've found a spy theme tune that's even better than yours The Making of… Rescue on Fractalus Find out how a...
  12. S

Massive SNK feature on the way

I thought you might like to know that as of issue 38 of Retro Gamer there will be an 18-page Neo Geo feature spread over three issues. As well as featuring a general overview of the company's history, we also have exclusive quotes from Eikichi Kawasaki. Oh, and a word of warning. The home...
  13. S

Retro Gamer Issue 35

Excuse the dodgy image, I'll correct it monday I've been told by Bobak that it's ok to promote this. Mainly as it features an 8-page piece on the King of Fighters with brand new artwork that was drawn by Falcoon for me. The Definitive Contra - Stuart Campbell is back with another definitive...
  14. S

Motherboard question

Where can I find the number on my neo geo consolised mother board? Is there anywhere in particulatr where I should be looking?
  15. S

urgent consolised one slot question now with pics

A few months back I mentioned that I was getting horizontal lines that ran across the screen whenever music was playing. Due to a second child coming along, I had to sell it and the buyer was well aware of the interferance. Anyway, he's sent it off to ravengames and they've said that it's...
  16. S

Consolised One slot problems

I have a consolised MVS one slot but am having some sound issues. Whenever music is playing distorted lines appear on the screen. If I wiggle the lead around they do disappear but I end up with a load buzzing noise that can be heard underneath the music. Does anyone know what the problem would...
  17. S

want to buy consolovised one slot

Looking for a good consolovised one slot at a decent price. Let me know what you have.
  18. S

After a Neo Geo AES

Hi there, I'm after an AES (preferably modded) and a few games to start me off. If anyone can help me out please give me a PM. I'm based in the UK and don't mind paying shipping fees from the US (providing they are reasonable of course)