Your Go-To Team on KoF '98?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Leona's b,f p in 96 was cheese city. It could tick off a huge chunk of damage if blocked.

Regardless

I use Leona in 98 (and 97). Usually Clark too, and Ralf just because.

TopTierArcade

Zero's Secretary
Joe, Robert, Ryo. I often will change the order depending on whom I am playing and what characters they pick

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Kyo, Leona, Kim, Terry, Ryo - depending on my mood.

Joe, Robert, Ryo. I often will change the order depending on whom I am playing and what characters they pick

You're posting somewhere OTHER than your own thread?

Holy shit.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
Wow, I didn't expect so many replies. I will be trying the teams posted. BTW, Yuri is strong against Rugal, her flying-fist move seems hard for him to dodge (on Level 4) and also Athena is my top pick against him since she can reflect(deflect?) his annoying ass energy ball crap.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
you sure about that, bn?. i think leona was at her best in kof 98. i'm going to go and play her again today just to make sure, but i always felt she was good in 96, great in 97 and her best in 98.

Totally. When the blue haired goddess first appeared in 96 she was overpowered AF. Damage output, recovery speed, amazon was out to kill lol By the time we arrived at 98 she had become more balanced with the cast (still fun to play, but not nearly as unbalanced to the rest of the roster like she was in 96).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Robah, Andy and Heidern

I do like to play with the bench warmers though...

Shermie
Heavy D
Terry
Joe
Ryo
Lucky
Kyo
Benimaru
Clark
Ralph
Leona

It just goes on and on.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
If things are serious, It gotta be Takuma, Goro and Orochi Yashiro. If it's more casual, then RBFF2 Terry, Saisyu, Ex Ryo, Ralf, Vice, Blue Mary, Chang and Brian Battler comes into the mix.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Vice, King, & clark. I know my teams have no synergy, I just play who I like.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've been playing KOF '98 on fightcade and it has been brutal, nothing but top talent there, pretty exciting and hoping for my game to grow along.

AJ & I are playing some games tonight on fightcade, anyone is more than welcome to join us.