Your Go-To Team on KoF '98?

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
Currently, I like to play as Yuri, Athena and Lucky. Sometimes I'll switch out Yuri for Terry.

KoF '98 really is, IMO, the best in the series.

I also hate how later games remove or change special moves from characters.

However, any KoF iteration on the NeoGeo isn't only fun but it's a work of art. Props to the obviously very hard work that went into the production of these titles.

Is there anything the NEO-GEO can't do?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Polygons.

:lol:

I usually keep a constant rotation of Terry, Kyo, Kim, Mai, and Shermie.

I gotta respectfully disagree with ya on the changing specials though. The shifting character move sets and special properties is one of the things I enjoy the most about the series. I just wish Shermie didn't have to be removed from the roster in later games due to plot/story progression :(

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
My team usually consists of Terry, Andy, Mai, with some Iori and Robert mixed in occasionally.

The changing movesets never bothered me. It did give each character a distinct feel for each iteration which I did like though.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Kyo, Shingo, and Joe

If I'm playing one of the later games without Shingo, I will replace him with Terry.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
If I'm playing to win I pick three among these: Kyo, Terry, Yuri, Iori, Ryo, Mai, Blue Mary or Rugal (regular form). These are the characters I win the most as but generally I'm fine with picking almost anyone from the fantastic roster. I've probably played too much 98, it's just too good.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
terry, robert and kyo/ralf.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
RB2 Terry, Robert, Old Man Kusanagi, Shermie, Takuma, and Heavy D.

Some combination of those. If we're playing Ultimate Match Geese gets rotated in.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I also hate how later games remove or change special moves from characters.

but kof 98 removed and changed characters and moves from the previews games in the series. they need to change things with every instalment.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Goro, Clark, and Shermie.

Sometimes Ralf or Takuma get in the mix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
KOF_Orochi_Clark.png

KOF_Orochi_Takuma.png

KOF_Orochi_Vice.png

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
My team for kof 98 and most of the kof games for that matter are kyo, benimaru and terry. Sometimes ill get k' to join the team but mostly those 3 i play with

dagoto19

n00b
I'm a tier-whore so I usually go with Iori, Athena, and Mai. I used to run Kyo indtead of Mai but I found out Mai's aerial speed and options are beyond good.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Daimon, Iori, Clark is my main team otherwise I will also throw in Takuma instead of Iori

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Iori, Takuma, Andy.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
:scratch: guess you mean "Leona", right? I was going to chime in to say I'm surprised she wasn't mentioned yet...

Leona was GODLY in 96, but they watered her down a good bit by the time we got to 98. Terry on the other hand became an absolute monster in the same time span. Leona's is still fun and I relied more on her more after Shermie was gone and Mai become less of a roster staple.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
For me is Takuma, Ryo, Robert even if I dislike Robert in 98. For me, the perfect Robert is the one in KoF 95, but maybe that's just me.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Leona was GODLY in 96, but they watered her down a good bit by the time we got to 98.

you sure about that, bn?. i think leona was at her best in kof 98. i'm going to go and play her again today just to make sure, but i always felt she was good in 96, great in 97 and her best in 98.

For me is Takuma, Ryo, Robert even if I dislike Robert in 98. For me, the perfect Robert is the one in KoF 95, but maybe that's just me.

king of fighters 95 robert is one of my favourite versions of him. maybe even my all time favourite.