World Heroes Perfect

Keep Clear

The Ultimate 11
Whats a fair price for this now-a-days on the AES euro version?
I seen one for £400 but it had the CD manual and someone actually brought it best offer for £330 which I thought was abit to much
I recently got fatal furys and need this to finish world heroes, but I need the cash first.
Is the game actually any good

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Keep Clear said:

no, none of the world heroes series is any good, nostalgic, yes, but good, nope.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
One was on eBay about 3-4 weeks ago.. It went for just under $600 + shipping if I recall correctly.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I still enjoy the WH series. They're goofy fun and sometimes I want some goofy fun in my fighters.

Keep Clear

The Ultimate 11
I dont think there baaaaaad there ok, not played any of them much, but from what I played of them, I enjoyed them a little. :cool:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
i was talking with a friend about his MVS shelf just the other day. We agreed that 1 and 2 are still fun occasionally, but jet and perfect are still crap but lack that nostalgic value of the 1st 2.

my favorite is 2 with the deathmatches.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wow what a bunch of douchebags!

World Heroes Perfect alone beats most of the current fighting games out there.

Fuckers have zero respect for quality!

World Heroes Perfect, Karnov's Revenge and Fatal Fury Special are the holy triad of old school arcade fighting for the Neo period!

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
I always liked the WH series. They aren't competitive level games but still fun. Perfect is pretty fun, but my favorite is still WH2.

Mudman.

Nuff said.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
WH Perfect is good fun. I have some frustration with some move priority over others. It's still a fun game, even better with 2 players.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
World Heroes Perfect is a really really good game. Most people just don't understand the depth of it.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
The World Hero's games...are...awful...but good to laugh at in a good way though. I sold my World Hero's Perfect for $700 USD about 3 years ago.

WHP is the best of the bunch...no doubt.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Whats a fair price for this now-a-days on the AES euro version?
I seen one for £400 but it had the CD manual and someone actually brought it best offer for £330 which I thought was abit to much
I recently got fatal furys and need this to finish world heroes, but I need the cash first.
It's decent. From my limited playing experience, Jet is more fun, but despite having them all I've mostly just played 1, 2, and Jet.

no, none of the world heroes series is any good, nostalgic, yes, but good, nope.
Not sure I agree here. They've aged more harshly than many other games. They're more nostalgic than fun (especially regarding 1) but I wouldn't say they're bad by any means.
I still enjoy the WH series. They're goofy fun and sometimes I want some goofy fun in my fighters.
Yeah, pretty much. I see World Heroes more as a "novelty fighter" along with Matrimelee, and those two games/series are the only novelty fighters on the MVS.
Wow what a bunch of douchebags!
World Heroes Perfect alone beats most of the current fighting games out there.
Fuckers have zero respect for quality!
World Heroes Perfect, Karnov's Revenge and Fatal Fury Special are the holy triad of old school arcade fighting for the Neo period!
Agreed. I don't much care for the naysaying bullshit, either. Karnov's Revenge is solid, and FFS is very tight. BTW, I still need to get a real internet connection so you can school me in FFS or MOTW.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, pretty much. I see World Heroes more as a "novelty fighter" along with Matrimelee, and those two games/series are the only novelty fighters on the MVS.

Hey I could call MOTW and Art of Fighting 3 novelty fighters. They have a high quality animation novelty going for them. I think it it's a little unfair to call Matrimelee and the WH series simply novelty fighters.

If you mean they are fighters with alot of tongue-in-cheek humour then I guess I agree with you.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Hey I could call MOTW and Art of Fighting 3 novelty fighters. They have a high quality animation novelty going for them. I think it it's a little unfair to call Matrimelee and the WH series simply novelty fighters.

If you mean they are fighters with alot of tongue-in-cheek humour then I guess I agree with you.

I don't mean to comment on the quality of the gameplay as a "novelty," but the style of either is rather comic. Thus, they're both novelty fighters.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Dunno, never played any World Heroes games but I always heard that if you wanted to pick one than perfect was the best out of the bunch.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Really great game, actually. I sat down and spent some time with it this weekend; I had a great time with it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Perfect is a lot of fun and more solid than it usually gets credit for. I think it holds up about as well as just about any Neo fighter, which is to say: well.