WNY region Astro City/Other bulk buy:

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I've been asking around talking to different people about purchasing a large quantity of cabs for a place I'm opening up.

I'm planning to order them as soon as I find the best price and do some negotiations.

If you live in West NY, West PA, NE Ohio...etc, well anywhere really, long as you're willing to drive to me to pick them up, and are interested in getting an Astro City, New Astro City, or possibly some other cabs(one guy specifically showed he had several Tekken 6 cabs for the high rollers out there). Let me know and if you're serious we can roll them into my order.

I'm ordering 11 for myself so we're already going to be getting the lowest shipping rate.

No solid prices yet, but I'd say at most $600, likely less(least for astros).

If interested PM me, please only if you already have money and are serious, no "I'll have it in 5 weeks".

I realize I'm new to these forums, so if you want references, phone #, or to meet up at my home for reassurance that's understandable and I'll accomidate as best I can, so you'll know where to find me for revenge. :help:

I'll post prices and aprox~ shipping as soon as I find the best seller.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Got the PM, im not going to say no, I cant, your too close to me, I think 15min. So it would be stupid for me not to get one or two.

If you could update us with prices per cabinet, what cabinets are available and what the shipping price per cabinet is ect.

I cant believe im gonna be 15-20 minutes away from a JP style arcade. We could probably do some really nice group meets + tournaments. This is just awesome man, im already hyped up about this group buy and the small arcade. Theres alot of people on this forum in the Rochester and surrounding area and im sure this arcade will go of without a participation problem.

If you need any help dont be afraid to ask and you can bet I will wanna be there to help you the day you get them.

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
We have a pretty active community in Buffalo as is, get like 10-20 people a week just at one guys house. Gonna be closer to 30-40min though, I live in lockport, but the cabs will be going to Lewiston where my business is(for now, I plan on eventually moving into a more central building in the future, but I already own this one , so it's easier to grow out of it not having to worry about rent).

We're going to be having a tournament this weekend at UB too btw. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=190354

I should have solid prices by friday(least per cab), the people who sell these things sure are not in any rush to get rid of them, that's my primary experience so far with arcade distributors :glee:.

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Ok, pricing update:

Prices are:

$375 per New Astro City

$325 per if we can order around 30 total in a single truckload.

He's gonna get back to me with a shipping estimate, the price he quoted me for 10 cabs in the past was $700, so I'd expect at most $100 each, probably much less.

After talking to several guys it was Chang Kingsley of Coinopstore in Milpitas, CA. Who had the lowest prices.

Also in talks with guy from SC about combining our orders to try and get the 30cab discount.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
If that is, in fact, the real price, I may very well be in. Have money in my bank, can have it in-hand in a matter of minutes. Terry330 has been looking for a candy, as well; I'll let him know about this.

Do you have pictures of what these particular cabs look like? How easily can they be set up for a Neo? Do they include a monitor at that price? I need a little more information here, but can have cash in hand in a matter of minutes, and can drive to pick up a cabinet or two.

havok666

n00b
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm very interested. I'm from Niagara Falls, Ontario.. so I'm about 10 minutes from Lewiston. I need to look into the import rules.. see how much duty I'd have to pay, etc.

Last edited:

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Just wondering if this is something that is going to happen in July or if you are looking to get them in Aug? I want two of them but that depends on how long I will have before you need payment and if we get 30. Also do you know if there has been a group buy from these companies before? All I know is im hustling like crazy at work to make sure I can get atleast one. The misses says if I get two I have to get ride of my big red. :hammer: I dont mind too much, its a pretty heavy cab and I would rather have a candy for vert and one for hori.

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
If that is, in fact, the real price, I may very well be in. Have money in my bank, can have it in-hand in a matter of minutes. Terry330 has been looking for a candy, as well; I'll let him know about this.

Do you have pictures of what these particular cabs look like? How easily can they be set up for a Neo? Do they include a monitor at that price? I need a little more information here, but can have cash in hand in a matter of minutes, and can drive to pick up a cabinet or two.

They have monitors, that's the "real price". I plan to get some pictures from him in the near future. Most of them probably have Standard JAMMA harness setups in them.

If you have any particular setup you want (like Neo) I can ask about that, but there's no guarantee.

When the cabs come in I'll let people take pick at the kinds they want(CPs, internal wiring, etc) since I can re-wire and such on my own easily enough.

Originally I had planned to do the order *this* week. But since we can potentially get a nice discount for a larger order, I'm willing to delay it till end of July or whenever we can get the discount if we get more people on board, though $375 is pretty nice even if we don't.

I asked for a shipping quote for 16 cabs and 30 cabs, so soon as he gets back to me, we should have a "final" price and can start moving forward with this.

Hayato3D

n00b
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Looking forward to this, I am ready as well. Can't to get this truck moving, I've always wanted a New Astro City :D

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Awesome.

In the first post, "other" cabinets were mentioned; is it possible to get a dedicated Neo candy cabinet in this shipment? At the least I probably need something with proper wiring for a Neo. If that's not available, but you're able to rewire one for a Neo, I'd be more than happy to pay you for your time. Or I can look into other options as to how I can set up a Neo in there, if it comes to that.

Cash in hand. I'm ready to go on this one. (Willing to wait for more people to join in, though, obviously.)

I'd guess my buddy Kurt (Terry330) is in for one as well.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Stop sucking terry330's ass and let him do some homework!

Apparently "Ken" is postponing this further...ain't it grand?!

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yeah, though the reason I didn't go with Ken is that he charges way too much for shipping, I helped manage a company that dealt with freight shipping locally(a metals brokerage) so have a good idea of what cross-country freight *should* cost for a truck.

He either has a really bad shipping deal or is charging almost a 1000$ markup, or is the truck breaking down thing that he actually does the delivery in his own truck?

@mmsadda
Other cabinets were things like the Neo cabinets Ken had. I talked to several different sellers, and decided to go with Chang Kingsley@ Coinopstore. He had the cheapest prices, cheapest shipping, and was the most responsive of the people I contacted. He only has Astros available for Candies right now.

I have a lot of electronics experience and can make any needed adjustments for Neo Compatability if that's what you want.

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Still waiting on that shipping quote. I talked to him the other day and he told me he was shopping around to different truck firms because the shipping quote was "way higher than it should of been".

Also told me he was only going to have 20 total he could sell me because his sea freight container got delayed(after reading the mass. thread, I get the impression these guys all buy from the same over-seas supplier ;0). I don't think we were gonna end up with more than that anyways, plus side is we'll get the $325 price for a lower amount(least if I understood him right).

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Weird, said my previous post was added to moderation queue.

Anyways, he told me the low quote from the freight shippers he talked to is about $1200 for 15+ cabs, but he's still going to shop around. Thats about what it should be, but he seems to think it's really high, so hopefully we might get some extra cost shaved off that in the end, but for now that's what we're going with.

I'm going to start collecting funds from people serious about ordering, and am going to tentatively make the order date Monday July 20th.

I didn't get to confirm the $325 pricing yet, but I'm asking $375+100 per cab. The difference between that amount and the actual cost can be picked up at your convience once the final order is placed, refunded if you payed via paypal, or gotten at the time you pickup the cab. I'll show invoices upon request so people know they're getting what they should back.

You can meet me in person with cash, paypal me, etc, whatever payment method is easiest for you. If you must pay with a check, local bank checks only so I can confirm them same-day. But if I do not have your money in-hand on the 20th, I will not be ordering a cab for you. Only exception is if you give me far advance notice like you specifically get paid on the 22nd.

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Ok, final(I hope!) shipping update:

$845.91 Daylight 5 Day transit time
Only need to stack 2 pallets the rest can go out single stack Daylight allows up to 14 pallets non-stack

Basically this means we'll get a $400 shipping discount by limiting the order to 14 cabs total. For about $60 per cab shipping costs.

Biohazard seems serious about getting 2, I decided I'm going to get a Tekken 6 cab(just the cab, but it was under 3k new), so I can take a couple candies off my order if someone else seriously wants one to get in to the 14 limit.

Last edited:

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Ok, semi-final pricing updates: Just talked to him.

We're not gonna get 30, so the astro price is $375+shipping, finalized that.

In addition, he told me he has *BLAST CITIES* that are just coming in.

They are $700+shipping.

The Namco cab is $2800+shipping.

@djjimmyjames:

Officially none, I'm not considering them "taken" until cash-in-hand.

As of right now I'm planning to do 10 Astros, 1 Namco(11). If some local people really want I can lower my astro amount by a couple for them if we end up with more than 14, cause ordering the Namco is kinda over-extending myself alittle anyways.

Last edited: