Why is Matrimelee so cheap compared to ROTD?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
because, much like rotd, the game isnt worth playing.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
johnno15 said:
Thats right neojedi seems to have got his wires crossed. If im wrong then it will come as no suprise to me as this is often the case :(

From what I remember ROTD only had problems with the phantom 1. It works perfectly on my 2 slot.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
neojedi said:
Because the MVS copy of ROTD is totally fucked up. There are a good 10+ models of the MVS hardware ever made, and ROTD only plays correctly on 1 of them. Therefore, the home cart price spikes because it's the only viable way for most people to get ROTD.

I've tried it in 2 different 1-slot revisions, the older MV1F and the newer MV1A and it worked perfectly on both. Out of the hundred ROTD MVS kits sold by neostore, only a few (although quite significant) amount of people had problems.

the neo store means nothing

when you consider the rarity / price of a game you only gotta consider japanese games and the japanese market

I don't agree here. This applies to Japanese people or people who have no problem going there or getting stuff from there. But for most of the people in neo-geo.com (where this thread is) the neostore and the occidental market is basically the only accessible one. There's also the issue of the English version, that regardless what some other people thinks, exists and is taken into account.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
I have problems with my ROTD on my MV1!

and I'm not quite prepare to buy another slot board to play this

It use to work on my phantom, but i sold that now

on the note of buying neo geo games, its almost impossible to buy neo geo carts on the street in uk

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
First of all, all ROTD carts should have problems on some motherboards.

The following is guarneteed to give you almost NO resets:
Phantom
AES
MV1-C
Two/Four Slots

You will have some problems on the following:
FZ
MV1-H
F

Seems like you ether get a reset in the first 5 minutes or not at all. Keep reseting untill you can play the first round.

Beautiful game.

Materiarlille has entirely different, unrelated problems with somehardware.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I need to look up some old threads when I get the chance. I tried ROTD MVS on a few different setups and it failed consistently. Most of the people I remember posting at the time agreed that the failures were due to the hardware, not the cart, and that they were totally unavoidable unless you owned the new 1C board. I respect the opinions of the people here, but it's a completely different tune I'm hearing now than what I and other members posted back when the MVS cart was released.

johnno15

Super Spy Agent
JHendrix said:
A method was found a while back to fix this problem by removing some jumpers on the cart PCB, I did it to mine and got the fix to work before I sold it a while ago.
Hope this helps :mr_t: