Whoa Midway's Arcade Treasure 2 just got better..

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/23/news_6094460.html

A.P.B.
• Arch Rivals
• Championship Sprint
• Cyberball 2072
• Gauntlet 2
• Hard Drivin’
• Mortal Kombat
• Mortal Kombat II
• Mortal Kombat III
• NARC
• Pit Fighter
• Primal Rage
• Rampage World Tour
• Spy Hunter 2
• Steel Talons
• STUN Runner
• Timber
• Total Carnage
• Wizard of Wor
• Xenophobe
• Xybots

Priced at $19.99, Midway Arcade Treasures 2 is scheduled for a fall 2004 release on the Xbox, PlayStation 2, and GameCube. The Xbox version of the collection will let players post their high scores on Xbox Live, which will also list world champions. Depending on the game, up to four players can play Midway Arcade Treasures 2.

all on one disc...damn...finally an arcade worthy port of Primal Rage..and MK3..I must be dreaming

Last edited:

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I have to admit, if those are all arcade perfect ports, that's a damn good buy.

All that nostalgia on one disc. Wow.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Stun Runner
Cyberball (the first True arcade-style football game to take the world by storm since the X's and O's, where players can been blown to smithereens)
Arcade worthy port of a true 3-player Xenophobe(been waiting a while for that)
Not to mention, the others in the list, but........
$19.99???????
Looks like Midway is setting to make yet another addition to the "Games most worth the 20 bucks you spent on award".
I already see a couple of games in there that'll get the unsung hero award, in my book. Like that freakin' Vindicators game I keep playing.

Like the recent Colin McRae 2004, I picked up. (Or that $20 Shenmue 2 game for Xbox) Anything that feels like you robbed a mint for paying only $20 for it, better sell. One could say, "About time they release packs like this", but be thankful that they're doing it.

Note: I'd also pay the price just for a perfect port of MKII. That's the main Mortal Kombat I liked.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I've been waiting for this game to come out...

THE WIZARD OF WOR!!! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

X

Y,
Primal Rage? I used to play that game the cades all the time. :drool_2:

It may not be too good, but nostalgi asis like a damn drug. Rage!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Very cool. I will be picking this one up for sure when it comes out. I didn't know midway made pit fighter. I thought it was an Atari game, but I'm guessing Midway just licensed it to them.

SuperGunGuru said:
Very cool. I will be picking this one up for sure when it comes out. I didn't know midway made pit fighter. I thought it was an Atari game, but I'm guessing Midway just licensed it to them.

You are somewhat correct.

Atari Games, which was a separate company, made Pit Fighter.

Atari and Atari Games became separate companies around the time the Tramiel Family bought Atari.

Under the Tramiel Family's incompetent rule, Atari only made home computers, home consoles, accessories, and games.

Atari Games only made arcade games, and it owned the Tengen Division, which ported the arcade games into consoles.

Atari Games was still owned by Time Warner. Then owned by Namco, and Finally owned and killed by Midway. Therefore, Midway owns all of Atari Games intellectual properties.

Charles

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Yeah. It was an Atari Arcade game. So was Stun Runner, so was Xybots, so was the entire Gauntlet franchise, and so was just about every 3D game ever released in the arcades, particularly the SciFi and Tank ones, outside certain racers and gun games made by other companies like Sega, Konami, Namco. And then again, before those guys came into the 3D picture, Atari Arcade were the only ones pioneering the 3d field.

But years ago, Midway and Atari Arcade merged, so they are one and the same now. Actually, they were one in the same since before Gauntlet Legends came out, so all properties of both Midway (through the years) and Atari arcade (through the years) are under one ownership.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
I'm dissapointed. No San Francisco Rush? No Atari protos? No light gun games? :blow_top:
Ah well, at least they included MK3. :cool:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
omg, Cyberball 2072 (no more genesis version with crappy sound) and gauntlet 2 alone are worth 19 bucks if it's arcade perfect. and finally i can re-live the crapfest that is primal rage in arcade perfect glory :mr_t:

i also hope thats UMK3 and not normal MK3.... would be a shame....

i think T-MEK was an atari/midway arcade game, would love to see that, all we have is the 32X version...

NBA Jam would be nice as well.

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I was sold on this disc when as soon as they said "ARCADE PERFECT PORTS OF MK, MK2, MK3", but now that they've added in STUNRunner this disc is officially BETTER THAN EVERYTHING, EVER!

Why must I wait until fall?!?!?!?

Mike

Chuplayer

Crippled Idiot,
Where's Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3? They all suck, but they might as well suck with total completion.

20 bucks, eh? I'll get it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Arch Rivals (kiss my #%$%, NBA Jam)! Championship Sprint! The rest is gravy.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
ferrarimanf355 said:
I'm dissapointed. No San Francisco Rush? No Atari protos? No light gun games? :blow_top:
Ah well, at least they included MK3. :cool:

I'd like to see Marble Madness 2 and Primal Rage 2

But other than that

All I have to say is: WOW

This is destined to be the best arcade collection I've ever seen

And all for 20 bucks

Can't wait

I've been waiting for perfect ports of MK 1 and 2

But I also get:

• Arch Rivals
• Mortal Kombat III
• NARC
• Pit Fighter
• Primal Rage
• Rampage World Tour
• STUN Runner
• Timber

and some other cool games

fuckin' wow

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
DAMN son, this is one awesome piece of software history. Definitely picking up that disc for my XBOX :buttrock:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I don't wanna hear any more bitching about what this disc isn't including - it's fucking 20 bucks dude!

You simply cannot argue the fact that this is the:

Best. Compilation. EVAR!!!

:multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Dang... that's great.

Midway's actually got good some games recently. I'm impressed with them... first the Suffering, and then Ballers (which is great).

aria

Former Moderator
That's a fantabulous deal for $20

I was pleased with their port of Smash TV on the PSOne, so I can't wait for Total Carnage.

A.P.B., Hard Driving, NARC, and to have a (hopefully) great port of Rampage World Tour... My Xbox will finally have a 3rd game.

Heh! Anyone remember how many bullets this guy took:

mat2_screen007.jpg

Last edited: