Whoa Midway's Arcade Treasure 2 just got better..

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
the roker said:
I'd like to see Marble Madness 2 and Primal Rage 2
Besides those, I would also have liked it if Midway included Hot Rod Rebels, Freeze!, Tenth Degree, Vicious Circle, Metal Maniax , and the Atari protos that are in MAME, namely Beathead and Sparkz , not to mention other '90s Atari protos. And since Mortal Kombat 1-3 are going to be included I assume that it's going to be rated M, so I was hoping that Midway was going to include their light gun games, namely Area 51, Area 51 Site 4, Maximum Force and Carnevil. Also, Race Drivin', the Crusin' series, Hyperdrive, Vapor TRX, Hydro Thunder and 4-Wheel Thunder would have been nice...

Aw well, there's going to be a Midway Arcade Treasures 3 eventually... :drool_2:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
ferrarimanf355 said:
Besides those, I would also have liked it if Midway included Hot Rod Rebels, Freeze!, Tenth Degree, Vicious Circle, Metal Maniax , and the Atari protos that are in MAME, namely Beathead and Sparkz , not to mention other '90s Atari protos. And since Mortal Kombat 1-3 are going to be included I assume that it's going to be rated M, so I was hoping that Midway was going to include their light gun games, namely Area 51, Area 51 Site 4, Maximum Force and Carnevil. Also, Race Drivin', the Crusin' series, Hyperdrive, Vapor TRX, Hydro Thunder and 4-Wheel Thunder would have been nice...

Aw well, there's going to be a Midway Arcade Treasures 3 eventually... :drool_2:

There will be another volume I'm sure, but even with all those you mentioned, I'm still anticipating Primal Rage 2 and Marble Madness 2 first.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
OMFG.

This will be the best $20.00 spent this fall.

S T U N R U N N E R ! ! ! !

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
A.P.B.
• Arch Rivals
• Championship Sprint
• Gauntlet 2
• Mortal Kombat
• Mortal Kombat II
• NARC
• Pit Fighter
• Spy Hunter 2
• Total Carnage
• Xenophobe
• Xybots

Cool! No more busting out the Lynx for Xybots, xenophobe, and A.P.B. We get good arcade action! Sprint is one of my all time favs as well! And no more crappy graphics and control of the NES Narc! Now where's a Technos or Data East Compliation? Or how about a better Konami Pack?

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
GregN. said:
Or how about a better Konami Pack?

My thoughts exactly. I really want to see a pack of Konami's side scrolling beat em ups like TMNT, X-Men, Simpsons, TMNT2 etc.

Thereverend

Banned
ferrarimanf355 said:
I'm dissapointed. No San Francisco Rush? No Atari protos? No light gun games? :blow_top:
Ah well, at least they included MK3. :cool:

They have to save something for 3 right?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Geez, I can only hope that this gets released over here.

An amazing line up of games + the first 3 MK's.

Hell, I'd pay the $20 just for Xenophobe and Gauntlet 2.

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
if there is a volume 3 of Midway's Arcade Treasures...there is one game I want...
All there gun shooters, like Area 51...but my personal favorite...

Midway's CARNEVIL....I loved this gun game, it needed to be ported, because it was just a crazy sick and twisted game that goes great with "Rob Zombie" BGM

"SEE THE FREAK SHOW! SEE THE FREAKS! SEE WHAT YOU WILL MEET!" :buttrock:

Of course, I got to have Guanlet 4, UMK3

Who was saying Primal Rage 2? Did it actually exist? I remember seeing it rumored...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
ClassicMode1985 said:
if there is a volume 3 of Midway's Arcade Treasures...there is one game I want...

Midway's CARNEVIL....I loved this gun game, it needed to be ported, because it was just a crazy sick and twisted game that goes great with "Rob Zombie" BGM

Of course, I got to have Guanlet 4, UMK3

Who was saying Primal Rage 2? Did it actually exist? I remember seeing it rumored...

YES!!!! I've always wanted to see a nice port of Carnevil .... easily one of my favorite light gun games. They still have this one at an arcade near my home in Louisiana, and of course I have to play a few times every time I visit my parents. Good stuff .... :drool:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure the only Primal Rage 2 jamma boards that exist are unfinished betas. It was never officially released. But I did see one on eBay once.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
DashK said:
I'm pretty sure the only Primal Rage 2 jamma boards that exist are unfinished betas. It was never officially released. But I did see one on eBay once.

Correct. If I remember correctly, Primal Rage 2 was in production when Atari Games was absorbed into Midway Games. I do recall seeing screen pics of it but not 100% on that.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
ClassicMode1985 said:

A gun shooting cart would be cool. They would have to come up with a pumping shotgun control for Carnevil...that's the only way the game should be played ;)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
SuperGunGuru said:
My thoughts exactly. I really want to see a pack of Konami's side scrolling beat em ups like TMNT, X-Men, Simpsons, TMNT2 etc.

That type of cart would be a four-player dream...

TMNT
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Simpsons
X-Men
Cowboys of Moo Mesa
G.I. Joe
Bucky O'Hare

Also Konami could make a shooting cart since they made enough gun games ;)

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I'm just pissed that there still isn't a proper version of Smash TV around. Both the ps1 and Midway Arcade Treasures version were wrecked by the lack of a proper high-score system; your score doesn't reset when you use a credit. For me this made playing it redundant and pointless, a real shame.

I suppose the same goes for alot of other high-score based games on these compilations......

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
:eek:

:drool:

:buttrock:

/me - runs to the nearest EB to place a preorder...

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
moonwhistle said:
I'm just pissed that there still isn't a proper version of Smash TV around. Both the ps1 and Midway Arcade Treasures version were wrecked by the lack of a proper high-score system; your score doesn't reset when you use a credit. For me this made playing it redundant and pointless, a real shame.

I suppose the same goes for alot of other high-score based games on these compilations......

True. I know the game K.L.A.X. on the MAT has both single credit and overall high score records. Guantlet's high scores are based on overall score divided by number of credits used. I know some games like Street Fighter 2 uses the last 2 digits of your score to show you how many continues you used since its scoring system is based in 100's...if I'm not mistaken, the Metal Slug games are done the same way too ;)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
DashK said:

neither was Marble Madness 2, except that was ready to go, but canceled at the last minute for production.

Primal Rage 2 is supposedly playable, but I've yet to see proof of it

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I'm glad someone mentioned Vapor TRX for a possible future compilation. That game seriously needed a home port as I distinctly remember that being one of the last games put out before many of the last arcade locations shut down, around here. Midway, so far, had completely skipped over releasing a home port of that. Another game, they skipped over, was Strike Force. That was their big update on the Defender license. Their biggest 2D defender sequel, ever. Had the cool ability that 2 players could play together, and one could transform to become a turret gun for the other player. Still, IMO, their prettiest defender yet. I believe it used a lot of graphical influences from the Smash TV/Total Carnage series, in a parrallax scrolling environment. Een better, the human you saved, could also fight with you. A very good, and still challenging, shooter.

Not that I'm complaining it isn't in this compilation, but moreso, a hope that it makes a future release. I'm really glad Midway is going back and making a lot of 'lost' games available to everybody.

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
:drool_2:
ClassicMode1985 said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/23/news_6094460.html

A.P.B.
• Arch Rivals
• Championship Sprint
• Cyberball 2072
• Gauntlet 2
• Hard Drivin’
• Mortal Kombat
• Mortal Kombat II
• Mortal Kombat III
• NARC
• Pit Fighter
• Primal Rage
• Rampage World Tour
• Spy Hunter 2
• Steel Talons
• STUN Runner
• Timber
• Total Carnage
• Wizard of Wor
• Xenophobe
• Xybots

Priced at $19.99, Midway Arcade Treasures 2 is scheduled for a fall 2004 release on the Xbox, PlayStation 2, and GameCube. The Xbox version of the collection will let players post their high scores on Xbox Live, which will also list world champions. Depending on the game, up to four players can play Midway Arcade Treasures 2.

all on one disc...damn...finally an arcade worthy port of Primal Rage..and MK3..I must be dreaming

All I got to say is :drool_2: :drool_2: :drool_2:, and I wonder if they will include MK 4 :D

Last edited:

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Arcademan said:
A gun shooting cart would be cool. They would have to come up with a pumping shotgun control for Carnevil...that's the only way the game should be played ;)
Didn't the Pelican Xbox Light Rifle have this? It's kinda usless, since House of the Dead 3 and Silent Scope Complete have auto-reload functions, but hey, if Midway includes Carnevil in Arcade Treasures 3... :cool:

As for the Atari protos, aside from Hot Rod Rebels, all of them were completed. They just flopped badly on their field tests. Hot Rod Rebels is incomplete: of the eight tracks slated to be in the game, three are complete, another three are playable but the textures aren't there (think of Hard Drivin'), and another two are completley unplayable. The drone AI is also not implemented. Still, it would be cool if Midway completed it and included it in Arcade Treasures 3... :buttrock:

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
You know, this makes me wonder if MAME had anything to do with this release? Online play with a large selection of games at a good price that the company knows anyone with a PC and an internet connection can DL.

Brilliant.

Oh yea... Xenephobe! :buttrock:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
SuperGunGuru said:

That would be sweet indeed. But where, I ask, is my Atlus/Cave compilation?

Guwange
Donpachi
DoDonpachi
Dangun Feveron
ESP ra.de.

...ooooooohhhhh, I want one so bad.

:drool:

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
SouthtownKid said:
Arch Rivals (kiss my #%$%, NBA Jam)! Championship Sprint! The rest is gravy.
Arch-Rivals was one of my most-played arcade games back in the day. There's just something about a dude named Mohawk punching someone in the face as they're about to take a jumpshot...pure magic! Arch Rivals was also the first game i remember that mixed sports and a fighting/arcade element.

Though i still love NBA Jam. One of the most fun two player games of all time...