Who is your "beater of ass"? (which character u use)

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
First person to tell me where i got that line from gets a cookie.

Anyway, who do you use most (or even exclusively) when you play Chaos in the arcade?

I always pick Ken - for a few really good reasons.

I like to use supers, and his supers are mad easy to do and pretty damaging. Also, i don't know if anyone else has this problem, but when I do the Down-Forward 2x or down-backwards 2x motion to set up the super, its always easier for me when im moving the stick towards the left. I have no idea why, but because of this i always use his Kick super when im facing right, and his punch super when im facing left. I also usually only do his exceed when im facing left.

His exceed is ok, it isn't the best but its above average.

And i just really like the control style for him. I have about a 70% win ratio with him and my longest streak was 8 wins.

But for some reason, i just can't stand ryu.

Anyway, who do you all play as and why? And give distinct reasons, like if you pick chun-li dont just say because her supers tick off shitloads when blocked, are easy to do, and really leave little chance of a follow up attack. I want to know what draws you to the character you use most.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Shiki, since I like her style, and she's my best character
in SvC, overall (my runner-up being Iori).

Rodi

Crossed Swords Squire
Tabasa...

My main character... though her combos are odd, her mind games are good :)
and I like playing with that ^^
And also, once her Meteor fall connects... its usually good game for the opponent, cos there're lots of combos to connect from there... and ending with a super too :D
As for what attracts me to her... well, She's a new character to me in fighting games.. since I've never tried her on Warzard
She's also cool and her specials and supers are interesting ^^

And I also like using non-stereotype, unique characters.
I see all the people using Iori, Kyo, Shotos... and just can't stand it...
I'll be giving them the *BOOs* when i challenge them(thats if I win of course) :P

Also when there's a new game, I'd want to learn the new characters of course...
I wouldn't want stick on say Ryo...he's already in KOF...
I'd rather focus on a new toy in a new game :)

Second is Shiki... she's solidly for combos and anti air...
What attracts me first is obviously her hotness and Gothy factor...
And I've also never seen her in any 2d fighting games before...
I've never tried her in SamSho 3d either...

So yeah, those are my reasons for picking them ;)

Last edited:

BusterWolf

n00b
Here's a simple listing. I'll go into details later.

Terry (Of course)
Geese
Violent Ken
Zero
Kyo
Kim
Chun Li
Genjyuro

Varying levels of style, varying styles of gameplay... One or the other would be the "meat and potatoes" reasons for playing these characters.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Kim, cuz he's a combo machine. Freaking fast and powerful to boot.

ray_7

Terry and Chun-Li, two of the most powerful characters in this game.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
If I only want to win, I play as Shiki.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Kim primarily
Geese when I just want to fuck someone up that keeps beating my ass with Ken by doing the same shit over and over again
Kyo if I fail as Geese
Terry if I fail as Geese and tapped the controller in the wrong direction while trying to get Kyo

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
Mr. Karate Ownzed jOO foos!!1!

Mr. Karate is damn good in the game, it seems like he has a move for almost any situation which helps in the game. He can be played offensively and defensively pretty well.

If i'm playing around, then its Genjuro. He's a tad slow but his moves are pretty effective

I would also say Geese but his infinite gives him an unfair advantage against others, not to mention his ability to link Raging Storms with no lag whatsoever.

My other good characters are Kyo, Iori, Terry, Kasumi, and Mars People.

Heh, no Capcom people, I wonder why...

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I play as either the shotokans (love their db+D pokey pokey) or Genjuro. Can't figure out how to play Shiki well >.<

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
once you master Iori, he is one of the best characters to use which really makes me happy since he sucked so much in the capcom versions.

Beast of Fire

Quiz Detective
1.) Iori/Riot Iori (depends on my mood)
2.) Zero
3.) Violent Ken
4.) Genjuro
5.) Kyo
6.) Akuma

Yeah, that about sums it up.

BTW, Iori in CvS1/CvS2 = too good.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Shiki and Zero are my favorite characters at the moment. Zero for his poking and Shiki for her easy, damaging combos, and teleports.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sagat...
I just like him and am used to play as him.
And now he's finally able to do "low Tiger supers".

Last edited:

breal

Hardened Shock Trooper
Earthquake, even though you might not believe it is one of the best characters in the game, but if I'm really pissed you're gonna get heavy dose of Ryo

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
^I believe you about Earthquake, as he is pretty difficult to beat sometimes. And he isnt as annoying as I thought he would be.

But i break boys' bones with Ryu, Guile, Kyo, and if i want to get serious then Mr. Karate and finally Ryo, but I play most with Ryo as i am best with him in any situation, casual or serious, and he is most fun to play with for me.
:buttrock:

Ok, I've had a good week and a half to get busy with this game. My beater of ass, My main man, Dhalsim is where its at.

Dhalsim has a superb sprite first off. He's probably not the best to pull of combos with, he only has like 1 fast jab, and that is in crouch. He's got a solid move list though, and I especially like the f,f +D kick...don't know why, but its fun to hit people with that one. I can't regularly pull of his aerial supers, the Miracle Drills, but I don't need those to win, so I don't count on em. People who throw fireballs all the time can be countered with the Slide, and poked at with the Drill kick until they stop...he's just really fun to use :)

I also dig Ken, Ryu and Sagat

Mai is my primary character.

She has her speed, which helps to get out of tight corners. Her attacks are decent in connectivity, making her good with a few combos. Her RyuuenBu is one of those anti-airs that very few people expect to be a good one; so is her Koyasen Tori (large spreading fan). She keeps the style I like to play with as well as her aerial moves from KOF. Finally, her supers. Her Hou Ou no Mai can be a good, quick way to add some damage because of its crossover abilities. The triple fans are all right, but not to be used overly so. Her exceed is a reliable anti-air, and it looks nice to see hit on someone.

I'm trying to learn Kasumi and Chun-Li as well. Chun is a given with her speed, pokes and supers. I think Kasumi might be good for combos this time more than her counters. Have yet to see her exceed hit on someone, though...

-PsychoFandango