What if some of us...

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
it would be more realistic to fund/support current high level development tools (like Kurtz programming toolkit)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It'd be funny if they made Legend of Success Joe 2.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
"Thoughts determine what you want, ACTIONS determine what you get". If nobody does anything, things doesn't happen. Meanwhile, we, the NG community, can relax and sit until the end of the days. Is easier.

That shit is DEEP, man.

I would actually contribute to something like this, even though it's hilariously unlikely to come to fruition.

smccd

New Challenger
But much like engineering of any sort, going from a thought to an action entails a certain cost, be it investment of time, funds, etc.

Moreover, there's an inherent risk of failure. These should be considered before taking action.

I think some of the more negative replies you've received here don't stem from people "not wanting to ever do anything", but rather from people "not wanting to do anything about something they perceive as high risk."

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Not if we find this midget and his crew:

kHehDmx.jpg

Hey, I'm open to ideas! Believe it or not, I actually know "Dog's" attorney, and if that is any indication, we shouldn't be holding our breath. LOL.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
IMO if you're serious I would think contracting a company like DIMPS would be a way to go at it. From what I remember reading a lot of former SNK employees went over there after the fallout & they are a hireable company. Now how much money that will cost, not to mention getting the properties in the 1st place from Playmore is a stretch.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
IMO if you're serious I would think contracting a company like DIMPS would be a way to go at it. From what I remember reading a lot of former SNK employees went over there after the fallout & they are a hireable company. Now how much money that will cost, not to mention getting the properties in the 1st place from Playmore is a stretch.

That's the kind of contributions I love. Thanks.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
With a big enough wad of cash gathered and some targeted publicity, it could draw the necessary people out of hiding to make this idea start to move.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Former SNK programmer: "Do I have to go back to this hell again?"...

:D Very funny words when I read this thread. Yes, the past is the past and that time they feel tired and pain from DVD technology and ROM cart was killed.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
As much as I would like to see more new Neo games, I am having a hard time seeing the point. Not sure if I want to see more sequels of Neo games. Even if you could buy the rights to use an IP, you would be better off having NgDev make the game then trying to scrounge up original SNK programmers.

Now, say you wanted to see MOTW2 or maybe Shock Troopers 3... why not just do a kickstarter for it to be released on a next gen console or as download title? At least there would be a wider audience to sell the game to and probably more likely to work.

Say you did get this new Neo game made. How much would a game cost? probly close to $1k a copy.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If you're looking to get people to polish off protos, just remember that there is usually a reason that a game gets canned.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you're looking to get people to polish off protos, just remember that there is usually a reason that a game gets canned.

Of course there is always a reason, sometimes it isn't because the game sucks. Most times it's because it had bad location tests, but location tests depend on the player as well.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
As much as I would like to see more new Neo games, I am having a hard time seeing the point. Not sure if I want to see more sequels of Neo games. Even if you could buy the rights to use an IP, you would be better off having NgDev make the game then trying to scrounge up original SNK programmers.

Of course I would not want to see any KOF2013 on NG. NGDev have enough work, and its own graphic style which is not exatly like the original.

Now, say you wanted to see MOTW2 or maybe Shock Troopers 3... why not just do a kickstarter for it to be released on a next gen console or as download title? At least there would be a wider audience to sell the game to and probably more likely to work.
I'm not interested in next gen consoles anymore, and after all we're on a retro console forum ;)

Say you did get this new Neo game made. How much would a game cost? probly close to $1k a copy.
If just two brothers plus a graphic artist can make a game with the quality of GunLord and sell it for 400eur in small quantities including artworks and they still have spare time to port it to DC and mobile phones and designing their own boards, I have clear that the price depends on being organized.

Xian Xi said:
Most times it's because it had bad location tests, but location tests depend on the player as well.
Totally agree. Nowadays the collector community would like to see games that in the past would have been considered not a commercial success, meanwhile it comes in a pure state, I mean, from ex-SNK coders finishing SNK original code (not that TotC flash shit).

It could be a problem if NCI already bought some IPs. Remember when they said they've located something called "Lost Star"?

By the way, someone have contacted Dimps Corporation about this? I'm working on a mail for them, choosing the right words carefully (if some english native guy with knowledge in business emails want to help, PM me).

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
At this point, I don't think anyone is going to believe what NCI has to say anymore. They've lost their credibility.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
If just two brothers plus a graphic artist can make a game with the quality of GunLord and sell it for 400eur in small quantities including artworks and they still have spare time to port it to DC and mobile phones and designing their own boards, I have clear that the price depends on being organized.

There's a difference between homebrew stuff and trying to build up a team of ex-SNK dev'ers. Of course homebrew-productions of Neo games are very well possible but if I got you right, finishing old projects is what you're after, and that's a whole 'nother can of worms. The NG DEV guys are living close to eachother and speak the same language, there really isn't much to coordinate in this case as they can meet and work together whenever they want. Not so in case of a dev team with members spread all over the globe who speak different languages, this would be much harder to organize.