What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
SSVS just showed up so that's getting use now (after I cleaned the JP arcade smoke/grime off it). Picked random characters. First up it chose Earthquake I think it was. Played first match was ok, then second match the CPU used Earthquake and whooped my azz. Started over and it chose Mina this time. Ended up getting a bunch of perfect rounds and 1cc'd the game. :eek:

Is that why people don't like SSVS? It's too easy? Because I'm maybe OK at fighters, certainly not good. Yes, I've 1cc'd Fatal Fury, but that was a long time ago when all I had on my AES was FF & KotM. So I just played the shit out of those two games for 2 years.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
SSVS just showed up so that's getting use now (after I cleaned the JP arcade smoke/grime off it). Picked random characters. First up it chose Earthquake I think it was. Played first match was ok, then second match the CPU used Earthquake and whooped my azz. Started over and it chose Mina this time. Ended up getting a bunch of perfect rounds and 1cc'd the game. :eek:

Is that why people don't like SSVS? It's too easy? Because I'm maybe OK at fighters, certainly not good. Yes, I've 1cc'd Fatal Fury, but that was a long time ago when all I had on my AES was FF & KotM. So I just played the shit out of those two games for 2 years.

I was looking at the old threads back when the game came out. There was only one person here that wasn't into it at the time. I think maybe there were just too many recycled things from the earlier games and the fighting engine itself feels a bit loose. Yuki developed it, so it definitely has a different feel that Sam Sho 1-4. I played the shit out of it.

This game really shines in vs. mode. There are so many characters and that slow time thing really makes some of the endings of the fights dramatic.

I've been playing Kof 95 and Sam Sho 3 recently. Fun as hell.

Steveotron

n00b
Been playing a little FF:FC on NGPC. Good, fun game. Should probably pick up some more games for the system.

Got RBFFS and Garou to play when the MVS is up and running!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

To see the real ending of SSVS, you have to perform either Issen or Fatality on each of the four bosses. Otherwise the game ends prematurely.

spoonz

Quiz Detective
Got Guilty Gear Xrd from the Hong Kong store. After all these years of playing Accent Core I'm finding it hard to readjust to #Reload style Zato :(

XiTaU

n00b
lately ive been playing marvel super heroes vs street fighter on saturn and breakers revenge on mvs such good games.
really wanna try xrd when it comes out though.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
The last week i have played Ultra SFIV on PS3 and Samurai Spirit IV on AES, my last two acquisitions.

I had played SSIV on Cd some time ago but now i feel much better than I remembered, the best SS ever made

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
1b8197a761f8c132ed289281a48d65ae.jpg

People take the piss out of this game, but I love it. Hot on the heels of Golden Axe genesis games, this was blowing minds in '94.

I know it's mostly the fan service + nostalgia...but I love it. Running on the S-TV multi cart.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've been trying to get into KOF 98 more recently because I know it's the fan favourite, but I still find myself putting 99 back in the AES, I just prefer it for some reason.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Actually spent a couple of hours farting around with KoF 98 the last week or so after picking up Final Edition on Steam. I like a lot of the changes they made to UM/UMFE (especially now that Krauser isn't quite as dumb) but there's just something about old faithful.

Kubrickian

n00b
Was just practicing Genei Jin combos in Third Strike. I need to post photos of my custom cab - it's pretty sick.

Kubrickian

n00b
It's an upright cab with a custom control panel which houses Sanwa sticks and buttons in the Astro City style layout.

Last edited:

DeusVult

Another Striker
had a few shots playing the punisher, didn't really know any moves I need to find some, but seems like an okay game

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Them Europeans will never learn. Why is it so god damn hard for them to grasp the difference between a fighting game and a brawler (beat 'em up)?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
never played it but I think that a 1 on 1 fighting game isn't it?

God damn Scot, are you really that dense?

OK benefit of the doubt 'cause you never know. A fighting game is a vs game, not a brawler, not a beat 'em up, not an euro shooter, not an euro slut, a fighting game is a vs game be it team vs, tag vs or 1 on 1 vs.

Punisher is a brawler, a beat 'em up, a one vs all kinda game.

In the future, before you're overwhelmed by the eagerness to share your ventures, try to figure what's what, just do it, show them Europeans how it's done.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
God damn Scot, are you really that dense?

OK benefit of the doubt 'cause you never know. A fighting game is a vs game, not a brawler, not a beat 'em up, not an euro shooter, not an euro slut, a fighting game is a vs game be it team vs, tag vs or 1 on 1 vs.

Punisher is a brawler, a beat 'em up, a one vs all kinda game.

In the future, before you're overwhelmed by the eagerness to share your ventures, try to figure what's what, just do it, show them Europeans how it's done.

Haha. This guy actually posts in the beat 'em up thread somewhat regularly.

I think he legit doesn't realize he posted in the wrong thread.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't think he knows what a fighting game is provided he's not aware of the wondrous adventure that is Marvel vs Capcom...let's go crazy!

DeusVult

Another Striker
Haha. This guy actually posts in the beat 'em up thread somewhat regularly.

I think he legit doesn't realize he posted in the wrong thread.

cheers for telling me sooner I was in the wrong thread :)

but I did check out marvel vs Capcom though and it did look good ill try to have a shot of it,

Crescent

n00b
I've been playing a bit of Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast this weekend. Hands down my favourite 3D fighting game and much better than any of its sequels.

PublicEnemy

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hokuto No Ken on the Atomiswave. One of the most broken fighting games but it's still fun to play.