What are you listening to at the moment?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'm very disappointed by the new Minus the Bear album. Sucks when one of your favorite bands puts out a shit record without a trace of what made them original.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Contra 3 OST on vinyl.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Dug these guys' demo a couple years ago. Four guitars!
Really looking forward to the upcoming LP, they've released one track off it so far:

The Anniversary (who I'm kicking myself for not seeing when they had a reunion tour last summer).

Oh, you missed out! I actually played pool with Josh and Ricky before their set. It was awesome!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Edit: Dio is such an amazing performer, great vocal talent, everything he did with different groups is just the best of their work, insane how amazing he was.

Ellert and asid were laughing at me when I said Dio Sabbath > Ozzy Sabbath, plz, it's all there, all you have to do is listen. Not like I go thinking about the sentiment or anything, I mean, it never occurred to me to compare but they asked me and if I have to choose I'll always choose Dio. To me he is a better vocalist, writer, story teller, performer. That's not saying Ozzy isn't amazing in his own right but if I have to choose...

Last edited:

J-P

NEST Puppet
Hah - dunno if you chaps will like but some YT guys have been jamming on some decent stuff that I've been dipping my ears into recently:

here's another:

On a bit of a funk trip.

Last edited:

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Ellert and asid were laughing at me when I said Dio Sabbath > Ozzy Sabbath, plz, it's all there, all you have to do is listen. Not like I go thinking about the sentiment or anything, I mean, it never occurred to me to compare but they asked me and if I have to choose I'll always choose Dio. To me he is a better vocalist, writer, story teller, performer. That's not saying Ozzy isn't amazing in his own right but if I have to choose...

Apples and oranges for me personally, it's almost like two different (but amazing) bands. That's not to say Mob Rules is bad, it's a top three Sabbath album and an absolute fucking banger.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

I was laughing at the controversial nature of the topic. I mean...I like Black Sabbath, but I couldn't call myself a true fan.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I'm a masive black sabbath fanboy and the ozzy era will alway's be my favourite, but this track from heaven and hell is top class, dio was one hell of a vocalist.

When it comes to dio rainbow it's this one for me.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dio Rainbow > Dio Sabbath

OR

Dio Rainbow < Dio Sabbath

???

Dude, Dio Sabbath is great but Dio Rainbow all day long. To me Dio Rainbow is the greatest thing ever made, especially Rainbow Rising which could be my favorite album ever and Stargazer is my favorite song in it.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
I was laughing at the controversial nature of the topic. I mean...I like Black Sabbath, but I couldn't call myself a true fan.

I wasn't laughing, I can totally understand how that era of Sabbath could be someone's favourite. I just slowly backed out of the conversation until I was in the other room :lolz:

WORSHIP IOMMI

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't even remember who threw the question out there...seriously WTF. Talking about music and all of the sudden someone pukes out the damn question.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Stargazer is class, best rainbow song by a country mile.
Gates of babylon is second, man on the silver mountain is none to shabby either, i love that track.

Been listening to a lot of saxon last few weeks, this take's me back.

Last edited: