VERY early Candy Cab score!

Professor Plum

Tarma's Gun Polisher
My brother has wanted a candy cab ever since he saw my collection. He just scored this awesome looking very early candy cab. It is called a Sammy Video World. It has a Nanao MS8 26" monitor in it. It is a really compact cabinet and has an all metal body. I helped him rewire it and switch out the American buttons that someone had put in there. Now its all Seimitsu buttons and joysticks.

There are not many pictures on the net of these so I thought I would share. There is a tag on the inside that says it was made in 1992 and the serial number is #20. Anyone else have one of these?

sammy1.jpg

sammy2.jpg

sammyga.jpg

Last edited:

Professor Plum

Tarma's Gun Polisher
can you rotate the monitor in those things?

Yeah it doesn't have a rotate mechanism but the monitor is easy to rotate as the tube is separate from the chassis making it a bit lighter and easier to rotate. I can see it being easier to neck the tube though also.

Last edited:

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
That's a great lookin cab. Hopefully I can get a candy like that one day.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Wow, in clean condition too! I'm jealous, I gotta admit. Are you going to find out what the stock control panel hardware was from the factory? I geek over that classic stuff.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Wow, that's an awesome looking cab. Never seen one before. Congratulations to you and your brother, awesome score.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Great find, that is one sexy cab!

I always wondered why the japs never figured to mount the coin slot in the middle and gain more elbow room between 1p and 2P. Same problem with the MVU4 and Aero City, hell! Even the Egret 29 suffers from this, it's like all early candies have this same problem. Minicutes don't have this problem but the panel is small enough as it is. I like the Neo 19s 'cause the coin slot in on the bottom.