Value of Rage of the Dragons US AES in 2011?

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I'm curious what the current value of ROTD USA AES is? You see JPN versions going in the $800 range on ebay and the US version is supposedly more rare isn't it? I own one purchased on release date directly from the Neo Store here. If anyone has any insight please share.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
ROTD is a title that fluctuates on auctions. There's periods when they get very little and then get very high.

I've seen them this past year go for inconsistent prices:

ROTD JP: $300-700
ROTD US: $400-550

I don't know why the JP version is getting more bids lately. Even on MVS the prices have been weird. Usually you can get a ROTD kit for about $60-100 and then I've seen some loose carts go for $75-150. Sometimes they don't even sell and they are listed at low prices like $50-65 BIN.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
what about Metal Slug 3? Used to see it around $400... now it's $1.400 on ebay.

@Cynn Dude your signature is amazing.

Last edited:

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
what about Metal Slug 3? Used to see it around $400... now it's $1.400 on ebay.

You should try looking at what games actually end at and not some crazy asking price. I could put a SS1 at two grand, doesn't make it market price. I don know why Rage of the Dragons seems to get more in JP form, I thinks its because too many flippers over in Yahoo JP auctions had it for $800 plus for years.

JS

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
You should try looking at what games actually end at and not some crazy asking price. I could put a SS1 at two grand, doesn't make it market price. I don know why Rage of the Dragons seems to get more in JP form, I thinks its because too many flippers over in Yahoo JP auctions had it for $800 plus for years.

JS

Seems to be that way with a lot of stuff

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Yeah it is pretty bad. I see Shawn doesn't have anymore SvC Chaos. He was selling them for a relatively decent price, but the ebay people do not care. Was lsited here at 170-200, ebay people want 300. Seriously, makes no sense.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Yeah price was great and so was postage, but when you buy one from someone on ebay if it doesnt work you probably wont wait six weeks to get a response.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Yeah it is pretty bad. I see Shawn doesn't have anymore SvC Chaos. He was selling them for a relatively decent price, but the ebay people do not care. Was lsited here at 170-200, ebay people want 300. Seriously, makes no sense.

I once saw an SvC: Chaos go for 180$ on ebay and a MS4 for 240$... it was just last year... wtf happened ever since last year? -.-

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
I once saw an SvC: Chaos go for 180$ on ebay and a MS4 for 240$... it was just last year... wtf happened ever since last year? -.-

I really don't know. Japanese neo geo games are up as well, and those were always the ones to turn to if you could care less about the more rare US versions. Some japanese people are probably banking on the march tsunami for a unjustified price increase in games.

Ebay is getting out of hand. Hagane SNES sealed went for $2000, when it was easily a $200-300 game.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Thanks for the good discussion guys. Seems my answer is "Whatever someone will pay for it." Or maybe heavy collectors value it less than the public at large... And that's odd. I may test the waters with it and see what happens. Anyone know how MOTW is holding up these days?

N30_G30_speed said:

It's all in the reflexes.

Last edited:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I've seen JP ones go for around 350 Euro here in europe. US maybe double that?

Hmmmm.... So if someone here in austria would sell me his complete US RotD for 300 Euros should I say "YES!" ?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Most ebay sellers are trying to inflate the market, but it's up to the buyer to inflate the market or wait until the prices drop to the proper level then buy.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Most ebay sellers are trying to inflate the market, but it's up to the buyer to inflate the market or wait until the prices drop to the proper level then buy.
Problem is it could be a very looong wait..

I'm in the Neo AES scene from the beginning and, except some rare cases, never saw prices going down...

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member

I'm in the Neo AES scene from the beginning and, except some rare cases, never saw prices going down...

I blame the resellers snatching up any amount of profit (no matter how small it may be and listing them at crazy BIN). Additionally, crazy BIN's on ebay. This problem extends to not just neo geo, but every game related thing on ebay.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave

+1

Although BRANDI does have a point... I started last year collecting AES... and the prices have only escalated when it comes to "regular sellers". May be more people getting into de NG scene is the main reason, it's getting more known, so sellers are aware that they don't need to offer good deals, since someone will eventually buy it (at regular rates, no crazy sh1t like 1400$ for a MS3 ) You can't ask for people who are just getting into the scene to be aware of the effect they are having in the market, regretfully, I mean you can... they'll probably wont give a shit or even get it for that matter.

I keep saying, "ninja sellers" are the way to go.

Last edited:

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I've seen JP ones go for around 350 Euro here in europe. US maybe double that?

Hmmmm.... So if someone here in austria would sell me his complete US RotD for 300 Euros should I say "YES!" ?

You should say "No" and tell the seller to pm me instead. :lolz:
Seriously, i´d snatch a decent copy up for 300€ right away!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

The 08'-09' period was actually when I bought lots of AES carts cheap, when people were liquidating their collection to pay for their mortgages and avoid foreclosure. XD

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Hello, I don't want to add to cynn's thread another question, but by the way (i don't want to write another similar new post in General Discussion)... the next game i want to buy in "wanted" forum, is my favorite game in AES colelction: Blazing Star. Do you now what's the current value of this great game now? i saw ebay values but as you told, they are totally overpriced. I saw the price guide here and it moves between 750$ and 900$. It`s this correct? Thanks!

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Heck feebay people want that much for pulstar :(

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
When the AES price guide mod wanted 2500 EUROS for English RBFF2 instead of what he puts on the price guide (550-700 USD), that says a lot about both the guide and the mod. XD

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
resellers are always fast

Mmh? Those were someone else's games and not from the seller?
Despite, both Rage of the D and Pulstar went for really cheap, especially the first one. You won't find it at that price, not even in japan