Unibios or cmvs problem

violentluke

New Challenger
Ive owned a omega cmvs with 3.2 unibios installed for the past year and everything has worked flawlessly and still does.
The problem I started getting yesterday was when in the unibios menu, the clock at the very bottom just keeps spinning in hyper speed.
Hours fly by in seconds.
I can change the date and that makes it stop but it comes back when I reset console.
It doesn't seem to affect anything I was just curious what would cause this and if it may be a problem as I couldn't find much info about it.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Ive owned a omega cmvs with 3.2 unibios installed for the past year and everything has worked flawlessly and still does.
The problem I started getting yesterday was when in the unibios menu, the clock at the very bottom just keeps spinning in hyper speed.
Hours fly by in seconds.
I can change the date and that makes it stop but it comes back when I reset console.
It doesn't seem to affect anything I was just curious what would cause this and if it may be a problem as I couldn't find much info about it.

I've also had this problem...

Try clearing back up ram, it'll stop it for a little while.

violentluke

New Challenger
now when I try to access the unibios menu by pressing ABC from home screen I get this messgae, system will reboot any errors will be displayed test starting

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I've never had that message... but my clock is still fucked up.

It hasn't really had any ill effects that I can tell. All games play normally.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I have had this problem on my MVS here also. Im sure its related to dead backupRAM battery.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
it wont cause issues but backram is going to reset every power on if the battery is dead.

Raz

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
So I have the same issue. XX James sold me a mv-1c that had a similar issue when he couldn't fix my board. I've had it in the omega kit shell for about 2 years now. The issue still occurs, but doesn't harm any gameplay or carts.

violentluke

New Challenger
So I have the same issue. XX James sold me a mv-1c that had a similar issue when he couldn't fix my board. I've had it in the omega kit shell for about 2 years now. The issue still occurs, but doesn't harm any gameplay or carts.

Your getting the error message or haywire clock?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Haywire clock, sometimes it rolls up/down til it errors out. I can set it and it's fine.. until I power off again, even with a new battery

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Haywire clock, sometimes it rolls up/down til it errors out. I can set it and it's fine.. until I power off again, even with a new battery

Just to confirm, you still sometimes get the calender issue (heywire closk) with a new battery that is correctly storing the backupRAM? Does it also correctly save the clock and only messes that up at the point it goes heywire?

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
I've had a ton of boards that do this, and I've fixed the issue by replacing the HC32 in the backup ram area. Sometimes I've had to replace it and the RTC chip as well. But either way, I've fixed this exact issue every time by replacing one or both chips.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Damn

The hc32 seems to be one of the main causes for MVS issues..

I hate it!

Lol

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I've had a ton of boards that do this, and I've fixed the issue by replacing the HC32 in the backup ram area. Sometimes I've had to replace it and the RTC chip as well. But either way, I've fixed this exact issue every time by replacing one or both chips.

Yep. the NEC4990 chip is often very prone to failure.