Tototek PS2 to Neo Geo Controller Converter

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
These things work great. I have owned a few over the years and they have all been wonderful to the point I almost wish i hadn't sold them. Really need to buy another one.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
The button config can be a bit wonky and can't be re-configured, but they're pretty solid.
Define 'wonky'. Is it something really obnoxious that breaks the game or is it something that you can live with? Can button configs be changed around in the MVS BIOS screen or using UniBIOS?

Pope Sazae

Instead of being like the CD controller which is:
CD
AB

the Tototek makes it:
AC
BD

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
That's because the PS2 Neo Geo Sticks use this layout. A=Square, B= X, C=Triangle and D=Circle. If you want to use a PS2 Neo Geo Stick, this is a great solution. However, those sticks are not necessarily cheaper than an original Neo Geo Stick.

ps2neostick2-motw-2.jpg

Lemony Vengeance

Ok that is a bit weird. Still, it's probably workable.

I can make you an adapter that will allow for button remapping if you'd like.. you can also choose which controller you'd like to play with: Saturn, Playstation or SNES.

Last edited:

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I can make you an adapter that will allow for button remapping if you'd like.. you can also choose which controller you'd like to play with: Saturn, Playstation or SNES.
Actually SNES controllers are probably the most comfortable I've used for fighting games (probably because my first fighting game was SF2 on the SNES). What would it cost get a SNES adapter made?

Lemony Vengeance

Actually SNES controllers are probably the most comfortable I've used for fighting games (probably because my first fighting game was SF2 on the SNES). What would it cost get a SNES adapter made?

Oops. wrong link!

The price on the converter would be $60 (more than half of that is parts). A bit pricy, I know but it's bulletproof.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I actually like the way the tototek lays out the buttons for the regular ps2 pad. I guess because I was a snes kid.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I have two of their adapters here (along with two of those MotW sticks) and have been more than pleased with the quality/output of the adapters themselves. Definitely worth the $$ if you're looking for controller alternatives.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I actually like the way the tototek lays out the buttons for the regular ps2 pad. I guess because I was a snes kid.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The layout of the Neo Geo CD pad kind of confuses me during fast action games.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Buy these converters. Their button layout is correct. Pope Sazae's layout he mentioned is wrong. Some people are confused by the different angle of the NGCD buttons. They correctly map jump to X and main attack to square for most games.

RetroGiga68k

New Challenger
PS2 Neo Geo Sticks use this layout. A=Square, B= X, C=Triangle and D=Circle. If you want to use a PS2 Neo Geo Stick, this is a great solution.

Fortunate for those with that particular nostalgic PS2 stick. Unfortunately for others, trying to attach a stock Tototek converter to some higher grade PS2 sticks such as PS2's seimitsu ls-56/ps-15 'Sega Virtua Stick' produces a poor button layout for stock AES use.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
I got a couple of these also and they work great no input delay and also has a turbo function, gonna pick up a pair of the PS2 to PC Engine converters also when i get a chance.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Too bad they don't make a reverse adapter for neo controller use on the ps2. Could then combine with ps2 to USB adapter for use on PC.

Pope Sazae

Too bad they don't make a reverse adapter for neo controller use on the ps2. Could then combine with ps2 to USB adapter for use on PC.

You can get one made. I have one that I use so I can play with my Neo sticks on different systems via ps2 converters.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
These are pretty good, no lag and a turbo button.

I like the set up as the two hard punches and kicks are in line, so you can push them simultaneously with your thumb.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
You can get one made. I have one that I use so I can play with my Neo sticks on different systems via ps2 converters.

Looks like it requires sac'ing a ps1 or ps2 pad. Might do that at some point.