Top 50 Worst Videogame Voice Acting

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Haven't watched it yet, but I know Final Fantasy X has to be near the top. Let's see how my prediction goes...

EDIT: Disappointed. I expected this to be an overall worst voice acting in a game, bot the 50 worst samples. And they used multiple clips from games.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
OMG no. 40. What the hell kind of voice acting is that?!?!?!?!?

No. 3 should have been no.1 because it seems like that guy can't read his own lines and has a speech impediment.

No.1 wasn't bad at all. As a matter of fact all of the Dragon Slayer ones weren't bad.

there were some funny ones but I've heard much worse, especially in fighting games. Jacky Bryant, Lion Rafale and Paul Phoenix should have been at the top of that list.

Last edited:

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Unless 1-50 are all Last Alert for TurboGrafx-CD, the list is a lie. That's horror like you've not known.

I don't care how bad you think some random RPG is. TurboGrafx-era dubs were, with pretty much the sole exception of Ys Book I & II, atrocious, and it's ONLY gotten better.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Unless 1-50 are all Last Alert for TurboGrafx-CD, the list is a lie. That's horror like you've not known.

I don't care how bad you think some random RPG is. TurboGrafx-era dubs were, with pretty much the sole exception of Ys Book I & II, atrocious, and it's ONLY gotten better.

That's very true, there is some HORRIBLE voice acting in a few of the Turbo CD games I've played. Can't remember which ones offhand, but I was laughing hysterically on some of them. Valis seems pretty bad, but I've heard way worse on TG. A shame, because their Japanese counterparts seem to all have quality voice acting.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
They failed with the Tenchu clips...there are much worse in that game.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
That's very true, there is some HORRIBLE voice acting in a few of the Turbo CD games I've played. Can't remember which ones offhand, but I was laughing hysterically on some of them. Valis seems pretty bad, but I've heard way worse on TG. A shame, because their Japanese counterparts seem to all have quality voice acting.

Valis III. Rogles. And whatsisname, who sounded like Mr. Magoo. Holy crap.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
OMG no. 40. What the hell kind of voice acting is that?!?!?!?!?

No. 3 should have been no.1 because it seems like that guy can't read his own lines and has a speech impediment.

No.1 wasn't bad at all. As a matter of fact all of the Dragon Slayer ones weren't bad.

there were some funny ones but I've heard much worse, especially in fighting games. Jacky Bryant, Lion Rafale and Paul Phoenix should have been at the top of that list.

Ack, I missed this post. You're so right, #3 was the absolute worst. Dr. Light sounded like a drunk redneck with a cleft palate or some shit. That was truly the best of the worst, at least on that video. He actually flubbed up the line and they still kept it in. WTF?

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Stop your hating... "Guy Kazama" OWNZ.

"I thought we'd always do things together. EVEN WHEN WE DIE!"

"Well then all I have to do is have you TELL ME WHERE HE IS!"

...for as horrid as it was, that was what made Last Alert so fucking awesome. :loco:

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I could make a top 50 worst voice over attrocities list just using the House of the Dead series alone.

TerryMasters

Galford's Armourer
I'm going to ask you a bunch of qwrestshins, and I want to have them answered immedaly.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Final Fight Sega CD has bad voice acting (especially for Jessica)
Robo Aleste Sega CD: intro has horrible voice-over narration...........

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Those clips were pretty terrible but to leave off the scene from House of the Dead 2 that MOST deserved to be on there really took away from it.

"My God."

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Those clips were pretty terrible but to leave off the scene from House of the Dead 2 that MOST deserved to be on there really took away from it.

"My God."

lol that's an inside joke with me and my wife...whenever we see something ludicrous/extraordinary we'll just look at each other and someone will say MY GOD in that exact tone. :lolz:

Jill Sandwich only making #50 sunk that list for me off the bat.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
lol that's an inside joke with me and my wife...whenever we see something ludicrous/extraordinary we'll just look at each other and someone will say MY GOD in that exact tone. :lolz:

Jill Sandwich only making #50 sunk that list for me off the bat.

"Master of Unlocking" was #50.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
lol my bad :emb:

So Jill Sandwich didn't even make it...eff that list.

Also, Wesker's "STOP! don't OPEN that DOOR!!!!" at the beginning should've been on there.

"BUT CHRIS IS..."

I'm also surprised that no Mortal Kombat 4 endings are on the list. If you've never played that game I urge you to look them up on youtube. They are hilariously bad.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Can't watch, did NAM-1975 make the cut?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
lol I am proud to own so many of theese, i donno about the specific clip from dragon slayer being the best of the worst.... but that game in general is definatly some of the worst I've heard, the recording quality is pretty ass too.

castle of shikigami 2 gets much worse than that too :)

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Heh, comes up in this house, too. :)