The XX's are in caps on (MegaDrive20xx)

...Well it was a fun ride while it lasted. Didn't expect to be granted a name change in the first place, without starting from zero. But if I gotta' have my old nick back (probably for a few complaining Homos who never thought to just ask nicely and not beg) then please, at least get it right. THE XX's are Captialized not lowercased. ---Details are important.

...must have been my rant about the state of the nation in the IRAQ WMD thread. Oh well, it's what I get for stating the hard facts about things. To those who had their feelings hurt, I apologize to you for what it's worth. I'm sure the fact someone above allowed me to have my name changed must have been very traumatizing for some of you. Oh well, can't win em' all I guess.

:oh_no:

Mercenary X99

slerch666

updyke,
I don't see why a name change is all that big a deal. I mean shit, we all still knew who you were, and it's not like you were asking for a change to something vulgar or hateful or harmful to anyone else.

Not sure why it was a problem, but either way, don't sweat it.

slerch666 said:
I don't see why a name change is all that big a deal. I mean shit, we all still knew who you were, and it's not like you were asking for a change to something vulgar or hateful or harmful to anyone else.

Not sure why it was a problem, but either way, don't sweat it.

Nah I'm not going to sweat it. I still love this place. But I'd have rather got a "No changing your name is out of the question." rather than to have it changed only to have it changed back and then with lowercase XX's. That's the part that hurts. I'm a OCD kind of person, so details matter. ---But it was fun while it lasted, though now this'll be the only place (save XL-R8) where I'm still MD20XX.

Mercenary X99

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
i don't get it, other big forums will let admins change your name, whats the big deal?

I never understood it...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
MegaDrive20xx said:
(probably for a few complaining Homos who never thought to just ask nicely and not beg)

As far as I know, it was only me and LWK who asked for a name change. We never 'begged', we were always curteous when we asked. We thought it was B.S. when something like a name change is randomly given when we asked for it beforehand and our requests fell on deaf ears.

Having your name changed back is a bit retarded. I mean, why change it in the first place? Changing two other people's name surely couldn't be that much more effort than changing somebody elses back.

Just to clarify though, we never complained. Nor am I gay. My boyfriend LWK is though.

Re: Re: The XX's are in caps on (MegaDrive20xx)

SonGohan said:
As far as I know, it was only me and LWK who asked for a name change. We never 'begged', we were always curteous when we asked. We thought it was B.S. when something like a name change is randomly given when we asked for it beforehand and our requests fell on deaf ears.

Having your name changed back is a bit retarded. I mean, why change it in the first place? Changing two other people's name surely couldn't be that much more effort than changing somebody elses back.

Just to clarify though, we never complained. Nor am I gay. My boyfriend LWK is though.

Hey man It's all good! *I wasn't attacking you or LWK, I figured people left and right probably beg for a change all the time is all. ---I do think it's odd that we cannot change our names after a certain amount of time though. I had no problem going from Stormrider_2977 to mercenary_x99 on EBAY... the change was instantaneous.

Oh well. I thank THE ONE who allowed me to try and keep my persona consolidated on the Internet. It was a good run, but I'm still MERCENARY X99 even if my freggin' "Call Sign" says otherwise above my avatar.

Mercenary X99

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I'm a little sketchy on why you think light criticism of the US school system would result in your name being changed. Which parts of that text did you feel were particularly responsible?

Re: Re: Re: The XX's are in caps on (MegaDrive20xx)

MegaDrive20XX said:
Hey man It's all good! *I wasn't attacking you or LWK, I figured people left and right probably beg for a change all the time is all. ---I do think it's odd that we cannot change our names after a certain amount of time though. I had no problem going from Stormrider_2977 to mercenary_x99 on EBAY... the change was instantaneous.

Oh well. I thank THE ONE who allowed me to try and keep my persona consolidated on the Internet. It was a good run, but I'm still MERCENARY X99 even if my freggin' "Call Sign" says otherwise above my avatar.

Mercenary X99

I actually would like to have change my name too without losing my post count, because I'm kinda bored with this one and Gunstar Heroes isn't really one of my favorite games anymore, even though I still like it.

But I can see why its not allowed en masse that people can change their nicks because I know it would become a problem for the mods...everyone would want to change their names, and some people would want to change it numerous times etc...

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I think the problem someone had with your name change is that it could show favoritism. Lots of people have asked for name changes in the past, only to be denied. I suppose the reasoning is that if one person gets a name change, lots of other people will expect the same. Chaos will reign as everyone changes their handle, and no one will know who anyone is.

I wanted my name changed too, but I had a feeling it wouldn't fly for long. Oh well, I guess I can always do it the hard way and re-register.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
kernow said:
Thats what I say to myself reading all his threads.

Yeah... politics, war and rantings = not Joe's forte.

But this? this is neither... as far as I can tell...

slerch666

updyke,
Looks like they got you back the XX instead of the xx.

I think this thread is why they changed your name back.

Seems to me as if you have a valid reason for wanting a name change, not simply because you've changed your mind, they should honor your request.

Like LWK, whose name I don't feel like typing out, has a valid point for changing his name to LWK. I don't think I've ever seen anyone type out his full name in the 2 years I've been a member.

MegaDrive20XX wanted to keep his online persona the same as everything else, makes sense to me. Of course, NG.com has the unwritten policy of no name changes, so I suppose there are no exceptions...

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I wanted to be known as "Dr. StrangeFuck or HOW I learned to appreciate my old nick and accept the fact that people think my nick is named after Al Roker" that whole phrase

r-caribbean.jpg

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
the roker said:
I wanted to be known as "Dr. StrangeFuck or HOW I learned to appreciate my old nick and accept the fact that people think my nice is named after Al Roker" that whole phrase

r-caribbean.jpg
What a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad name that would have been.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
the roker said:
I wanted to be known as "Dr. StrangeFuck or HOW I learned to appreciate my old nick and accept the fact that people think my nick is named after Al Roker" that whole phrase

I bet you're glad that people recognize who you're named after.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I would've liked MinterXX better...