The Truth of Bush's Conference with Troops

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Liberal.

No matter how much you try to distance yourself from that loony movement it's clear you still believe in its BS.

Sorry, you may try to find minor things with which to separate yourself from their flock (I would too - you're all a bunch of out of touch loons) but after all is said and done you're still a bleeding heart liberal.

What am I out of touch about?

Besides, I don't support progressive economic policy because I'm a bleeding heart. I support it because it has been proven to work to boost the whole economy. The opposite is true of Conservative ecconic polcy.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:

Besides, I don't support progressive economic policy because I'm a bleeding heart. I support it because it has been proven to work to boost the whole economy. The opposite is true of Conservative ecconic polcy.

Re-distributing wealth.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Yeah, guns that are registered, hard as Hell to obtain, and have to be loaded by Uncle Sam.

Nah, I backed down on that...

I was never 100% behind it. I just trying to engage in meaninful conversation. I was just pointing out that it's not explictly protected by the second ammendment. YOU yourself suggsted that registratoin is a privacy issue.

I even think that Ex-Cons have the right to arms since the Constituion does not explicitly deny such.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
Re-distributing wealth.

I've never been for redistributing the wealth....

I've never been for increasing wellfare or the like on it's own merits.....

I've only been for a more feasable tax code and a more efficent goverment.

IF that makes you a liberal, then George Bush is a Commie. He has done all 3*.

*Actualy 4 since part III is two parts.

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Hey! Cable TV rates went up again! Time to increase welfare to cover it! :chimp:

melchia

Franco's Trainer
norton9478 said:
I've never been for redistributing the wealth....

I've never been for increasing wellfare or the like on it's own merits.....

I've only been for a more feasable tax code and a more efficent goverment.

IF that makes you a liberal, then George Bush is a Commie. He has done all 3.

But you have specifically stated that Bush's tax cuts were irresponsible. How does that equate with what might be considered "a more feasable tax code?"

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:

You're out of touch
I'm out of time
but I'm losing my head when you're not around
oh.
oh-oh-ohhh
oh-oh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Magnaflux said:
Seriously I go to an state school and the libs there are raging non-stop.

I probably fall more into the conservative side, but some of these loons are out in space.

It seriously depends on the school and the particular part of the school to be totally honest. I go to Towson U in MD and I'm in the business school which is overwhelmingly conservative as is the communications department. Other parts of the campus are very liberal.

It's really a toss up when it comes to colleges.

Here's my point about the conference. The administration sold it as one thing when it turns out to be something else. Ely needs to stop defending everything this administration does. They aren't always right.

I also think it's funny how you say the AP is biased, then you post articles from blatantly conservative media sources. This seems to be common among Republicans right now. Every news media is liberal except Fox to them. Or rather, every news media that says something bad about Bush is biased.

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
IMTheWalrus said:
It seriously depends on the school and the particular part of the school to be totally honest. I go to Towson U in MD and I'm in the business school which is overwhelmingly conservative as is the communications department. Other parts of the campus are very liberal.

It's really a toss up when it comes to colleges.

Here's my point about the conference. The administration sold it as one thing when it turns out to be something else. Ely needs to stop defending everything this administration does. They aren't always right.

I also think it's funny how you say the AP is biased, then you post articles from blatantly conservative media sources. This seems to be common among Republicans right now. Every news media is liberal except Fox to them. Or rather, every news media that says something bad about Bush is biased.

Colleges are liberal. The whole scene is overwhelmingly slanted.

Each "Side" uses evidence generated from a side that shares their slant. You really think there's such thing as independent journalism these days?
This seems to be common among Republicans right now.
You pegged it. It's just those evil Republicans, thanks God the Dems are still here to fight for the truth. Get real.

The story you posted is a "Non story." The story is a tool, it's nothing new. It's not news.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
melchia said:
But you have specifically stated that Bush's tax cuts were irresponsible. How does that equate with what might be considered "a more feasable tax code?"

They were Irresponsable because you have to quit increasing spending in order to allow for a decrease in revenue.

They are not feasable because they have not helped the ecconomy one bit. those types of tax cuts never do. They were just gifts.

A feasable tax code will tax those who recieve the most from Being in the USA.

You give tax breaks as investments, not gifts to your base. Such breaks have to go to reserach and development or for areas that will increase the economy over the long haul. NO CORPORATE WELLFARE

I do belive that the Laffer Curve BUt there is plenty of evidence that we are on the left (Inclining) side, not the Right (Diminishing Returns)side.

How does this sound (and this is truly my idea as I came up with it while working my ass off)???
ALL INCOME AFTER 40 Hours is TAX FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Colleges are liberal. The whole scene is overwhemingly slanted.

Each "Side" uses evidence generated from a side that shares their slant. You really think there's such thing as independent journalism these days? You pegged it. It's just those evil Republicans, thanks God the Dems are still here to fight for the truth. Get real.

The story you posted is a "Non story." The story is a tool, it's nothing new. It's not news.

Do you watch the daily show? Seriously, they all say the same shit. If you watched any day during the election or whenever any scandal occurs within the party they distribute a talking point and repeat it in the exact same words. As if by saying a lie over and over again it becomes the truth.

I also would like to note that Ely can't really defend his point in the original forum post, so he feels the need to post another thread simply to push liberal ideas away.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
norton9478 said:
How does this sound (and this is truly my idea as I came up with it while working my ass off)???
ALL INCOME AFTER 40 Hours is TAX FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, ideas like that are the ones you should go marching up Capitol Hill with.

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
No, I'm not sallaried.

You think I'd be working 55 hours a week if I were?

Not a chance in Hell.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
Stinky-Dinkins said:
No, I'm not sallaried.

You think I'd be working 55 hours a week if I were?

Not a chance in Hell.

Ah but if you had some sort of percentage (vested interest/not commission), I bet you would... :cool:

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
IMTheWalrus said:
Do you watch the daily show? Seriously, they all say the same shit. If you watched any day during the election or whenever any scandal occurs within the party they distribute a talking point and repeat it in the exact same words. As if by saying a lie over and over again it becomes the truth.

I also would like to note that Ely can't really defend his point in the original forum post, so he feels the need to post another thread simply to push liberal ideas away.

You're one crazy liberal.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Yep, if he think MSNBC and Fox News are on the same page he really is out there.
Must resist using the Hmkay response to IMTheWalrus' post :drool_2:

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Yep, if he think MSNBC and Fox News are on the same page he really is out there.

I'm not saying MSNBC and FOX are the same. Fox is definitely a conservative network. I just don't think the mainstream media like nbc, cbs, ap, etc is as liberal as everyone thinks it is. The Condit and Lewinsky shit is evidence of that.

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
IMTheWalrus said:
I'm not saying MSNBC and FOX are the same. Fox is definitely a conservative network. I just don't think the mainstream media like nbc, cbs, ap, etc is as liberal as everyone thinks it is. The Condit and Lewinsky shit is evidence of that.

:loco:

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
IMTheWalrus said:
I just don't think the mainstream media like nbc, cbs, ap, etc is as liberal as everyone thinks it is. The Condit and Lewinsky shit is evidence of that.

What are you talking about? Of course they extensively covered the Clinton debacle.... but it was far from "Negative press." The sucked his dick more than Lewinsky ever did. They caused his approval ratings to go up... our President was being impeached and his aprroval ratings were going up. Think about that. You don't think they had anything to do with it?