The Truth of Bush's Conference with Troops

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I really enjoy NPR news. Does that make me a Pinko-Commie-Fag?

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
Since I'm bored, let's explore the brilliance of Walrus' logic. I post three quotes from a chaplain, an SNCO, and a battalion commander who are upset with the way the Iraq war has been covered. Walrus comes back with this blistering retort:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1689932&postcount=19

IMTheWalrus said:
It seems like you like this war a lot. I suggest you go enlist and serve. Put your money where your mouth is.
So, one isn't allowed to have a 'support the troops' opinion on a current event unless they're actively engaged in it?

*Cue drumroll*

:rolleyes:

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Stinky-Dinkins said:
What are you talking about? Of course they extensively covered the Clinton debacle.... but it was far from "Negative press." The sucked his dick more than Lewinsky ever did. They caused his approval ratings to go up... our President was being impeached and his aprroval ratings were going up. Think about that. You don't think they had anything to do with it?

No, I think his approval rating went up because the economy was strong and he ran the country well by surrounding himself with intelligent people. The same reason Bush's approval rating is going down. The simple fact that the media covered a blow job so extensively for months cannot possibly be good for Clinton. In fact, it helped the Republicans because as the polls showed during the last election, they are considered now to be the party of morals and family values.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
IMTheWalrus said:
In fact, it helped the Republicans because as the polls showed during the last election, they are considered now to be the party of morals and family values.
http://realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/com-10_11_05_EK.html

"On October 6th, President Bush delivered a superb speech on international terrorism. It is because our President has been willing to stand up to international terrorism and so many leaders in the Democratic Party have not been willing to do so, that caused me and millions of others to cross party lines and support him in the last presidential election and cheer his victory; notwithstanding that I did not then, nor do I now, agree with him on a single domestic issue, ranging from his proposals to reform Social Security and to changing our tax structure. For me, the single most important issue the world faced in 2001 and now, trumping all other issues, is international terrorism. President Bush’s willingness in the face of all the attacks, so many unfair and ad hominen, to continue to stand up and exhort the world to continue the ongoing battle against international terrorism is why I admire and respect him so much. Would that my party produced such a leader that I could similarly follow. I know that will happen someday."
- Ed Koch, Mayor of New York City from 1978 to 1989

:spock:

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
IMTheWalrus said:
The simple fact that the media covered a blow job so extensively for months cannot possibly be good for Clinton.

Give me a break. Those networks you mentioned gave it such a positive spin. They used your exact same logic. They drove "Well, look at the job he's doing. Does a little blowjob really matter? That's all it is, let's stay out of his personal life and show how much those Republicans are making fools of themselves!" right home. Give Norton back his huff marker.

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Ely13 said:
Since I'm bored, let's explore the brilliance of Walrus' logic. I post three quotes from a chaplain, an SNCO, and a battalion commander who are upset with the way the Iraq war has been covered. Walrus comes back with this blistering retort:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1689932&postcount=19

So, one isn't allowed to have a 'support the troops' opinion on a current event unless they're actively engaged in it?

*Cue drumroll*

:rolleyes:

Let's explore the brilliance of your logic. Because 3 people in Iraq think the media is biased, it must be true!

Also, to say that I don't support the troops is silly. Of course I support the troops. I just want them to be safe and come home and I don't believe in the cause for which they are engaged. I'm sure you support the troops as well.

You seemed to have glossed over my point about you joining the military. You love the war so much, and our military has been missing it's recruitment goals which will eventually result in a deployment problem. So why don't you show your true belief in the cause and go over there and fight? The fact is you won't because you aren't willing to die for the cause, but you are willing to let others die.

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
IMTheWalrus said:
Let's explore the brilliance of your logic. Because 3 people in Iraq think the media is biased, it must be true!

Also, to say that I don't support the troops is silly. Of course I support the troops. I just want them to be safe and come home and I don't believe in the cause for which they are engaged. I'm sure you support the troops as well.

You seemed to have glossed over my point about you joining the military. You love the war so much, and our military has been missing it's recruitment goals which will eventually result in a deployment problem. So why don't you show your true belief in the cause and go over there and fight? The fact is you won't because you aren't willing to die for the cause, but you are willing to let others die.

Must... resist... making ass... of.... Walrus...

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
IMTheWalrus said:

IMtheWalrus = Norton ???

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Ely13 said:
http://realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/com-10_11_05_EK.html

"On October 6th, President Bush delivered a superb speech on international terrorism. It is because our President has been willing to stand up to international terrorism and so many leaders in the Democratic Party have not been willing to do so, that caused me and millions of others to cross party lines and support him in the last presidential election and cheer his victory; notwithstanding that I did not then, nor do I now, agree with him on a single domestic issue, ranging from his proposals to reform Social Security and to changing our tax structure. For me, the single most important issue the world faced in 2001 and now, trumping all other issues, is international terrorism. President Bush’s willingness in the face of all the attacks, so many unfair and ad hominen, to continue to stand up and exhort the world to continue the ongoing battle against international terrorism is why I admire and respect him so much. Would that my party produced such a leader that I could similarly follow. I know that will happen someday."
- Ed Koch, Mayor of New York City from 1978 to 1989

:spock:

What's your point? Because Ed Koch voted for Bush he must be right? Maybe you can explain to me why we are fighting in Iraq, because last I checked, Iraq hasn't sent a terrorist into the US. 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi. So why aren't we in Saudi Arabia? The administration isn't serious about fighting terrorism. That's why they made up a lie about WMD's to send troops over there in the first place. You can conclude one of two things

1) Iraq intelligence was so poor that you have to consider the administration incompetent
2) We went to Iraq for a reason that the administration doesn't want to admit to

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
IMTheWalrus said:
What's your point? Because Ed Koch voted for Bush he must be right? Maybe you can explain to me why we are fighting in Iraq, because last I checked, Iraq hasn't sent a terrorist into the US. 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi. So why aren't we in Saudi Arabia? The administration isn't serious about fighting terrorism. That's why they made up a lie about WMD's to send troops over there in the first place. You can conclude one of two things

1) Iraq intelligence was so poor that you have to consider the administration incompetent
2) We went to Iraq for a reason that the administration doesn't want to admit to

And Bitching and crying makes it all better.

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
iamyagami22 said:
And Bitching and crying makes it all better.

So you would suggest that we not hold the government accountable for a major fuck up? There was a process involved in making the case to the american public to go to war, and it was all around lies. It seems that what you would suggest would be to just see everything out. I'm sick of having our soldiers fighting a war against an insurgency that isn't letting up.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
EDIT: For the children.

Jesus, this is a conservative poopshoot in here.

Norton, Walrus, I got your back.

I'll admit that the majority of College campuses are liberal.

This is true only because of the generic culture of liberal politics. Intellectualism was severely looked down upon by the Conservative movement, fearing some sort of liberal, Northeastern elite dominance of the country (it never happened, it never will). Conservatives long preferred right-wing populist firebrands like Limbaugh, Hannity, and Coulter. It is only relatively recently that Conservative intellectuals have been making waves, starting with Nixon and Kissinger, moving into Bush Sr, Irving and William Kristol, Brookhiser, Noonan, Nordlinger, etc. Intellectual rags like National Review, Atlantic Monthly, American Spectator, and Weekly Standard became popular only within the last thirty years.

This isn't some liberal consiracy, the Conservative movement was until recently closely tied to the business community exclusively, leaving academia to the left. Stop fucking whining about it you pussies.

But Ely, who is an idiot, had to whip out that worthless Southpark Republican article that's been Facebooked to me by every one of my uppity GOPher friends.

Trey Parker is a moderate, center left GOP voter. Stone is a hardline liberal Democrat Jew. He was in Bowling for Columbine for Chrissakes (forgot about that one didn't you).

The show has taken liberal stances on gun control, euthanasia, abortion rights, and gay rights. Lets not forget that Giant Douche (John Kerry) beat Turd Sandwich (George W Bush) by over a thousand votes in South Park, that was a defacto endorsement. It has certainly taken conservative stances on many things as well, is it so hard to think that the show is representative of the ideological confusion in the country? The show isn't black and white, left or right, it's just funny, and by taking an ambiguous position politically it has an infinite source of material that left leaning shows like Family Guy, American Dad, and The Simpsons just can't compete with.

But then Ely13 has to start his usual trumpeting.

Ely13 is a "Hypocrite Republican", that is, he has nothing against gay people, he doesn't fear them, nor do they drastically affect his life in any serious way. Deep down, he doesn't like the things he hears coming out of Iraq, about the suffering our troops and the Iraqis are going through, I'm sure he even feels for them. I'll bet he knew a couple people in highschool who are over there right now. When the hurricane hit, he might have felt concerned for the people in New Orleans, maybe a bit angry that the Feds didn't do more. But, no matter what, he still supports the administration. They're still better than the Democrats, right?

Unlike this BBS' other conservative members like Dinkinggggggggs, JHendrix, Merc, and even Galfordo, people who genuinely buy into the ideology of the GOP for completely valid financial, religious, or constitutional reasons, Ely is a coward. You have no conviction other than your hatred for the left, you preach no viable alternative. You vote and support this administration despite the fact that it has PERMANENTLY increased the size of the government and instead of making spending cuts or...gasp...repealing tax cuts, it has decided it would rather BORROW FROM THE WORLD'S LARGEST COMMUNIST COUNTRY!!! The House Leader may very well go to Federal prison, the Senate Majority leader pushed legislation through the senate that profited him millions of dollars and is very close to being slapped by the JD, the chiefs of staff of the President and Vice President are this close to being indicted, and the only thing you have to say is "Well, the Democrats aren't squeeky clean either."

Norton, IMWalrus, myself, and the many other politically aware Democrats (or other) on the forums certainly don't agree on everything, but we all agree that the country needs to move forward. You can't justify your ideology by a fancy, misleading label alone.

"Southpark Republican", pfft, gimme a break.

Last edited:

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
BoriquaSNK said:
Jesus, this is a conservative poopshoot in here.

Norton, Walrus, I got your back.

I'll admit that the majority of College campuses are liberal.

This is true only because of the generic culture of liberal politics. Intellectualism was severely looked down upon by the Conservative movement, fearing some sort of liberal, Northeastern elite dominance of the country (it never happened, it never will). Conservatives long preferred right-wing populist firebrands like Limbaugh, Hannity, and Coulter. It is only relatively recently that Conservative intellectuals have been making waves, starting with Nixon and Kissinger, moving into Bush Sr, Irving and William Kristol, Brookhiser, Noonan, Nordlinger, etc. Intellectual rags like National Review, Atlantic Monthly, American Spectator, and Weekly Standard became popular only within the last thirty years.

This isn't some liberal consiracy, the Conservative movement was until recently closely tied to the business community exclusively, leaving academia to the left. Stop fucking whining about it you pussies.

But Ely, who is an idiot, had to whip out that worthless Southpark Republican article that's been Facebooked to me by every one of my uppity GOPher friends.

Trey Parker is a moderate, center left GOP voter. Stone is a hardline liberal Democrat Jew. He was in Bowling for Columbine for Chrissakes (forgot about that one didn't you).

The show has taken liberal stances on gun control, euthanasia, abortion rights, and gay rights. Lets not forget that Giant Douche (John Kerry) beat Turd Sandwich (George W Bush) by over a thousand votes in South Park, that was a defacto endorsement. It has certainly taken conservative stances on many things as well, is it so hard to think that the show is representative of the ideological confusion in the country? The show isn't black and white, left or right, it's just funny, and by taking an ambiguous position politically it has an infinite source of material that left leaning shows like Family Guy, American Dad, and The Simpsons just can't compete with.

But then Ely13 has to start his usual trumpeting.

Ely13 is a "Hypocrite Republican", that is, he has nothing against gay people, he doesn't fear them, nor do they drastically affect his life in any serious way. Deep down, he doesn't like the things he hears coming out of Iraq, about the suffering our troops and the Iraqis are going through, I'm sure he even feels for them. I'll bet he knew a couple people in highschool who are over there right now. When the hurricane hit, he might have felt concerned for the people in New Orleans, maybe a bit angry that the Feds didn't do more. But, no matter what, he still supports the administration. They're still better than the Democrats, right?

Unlike this BBS' other conservative members like Dinkings, JHendrix, Merc, and even Galfordo, people who genuinely buy into the ideology of the GOP for completely valid financial, religious, or constitutional reasons, Ely is a coward. You have no conviction other than your hatred for the left, you preach no viable alternative. You vote and support this administration despite the fact that it has PERMANENTLY increased the size of the government and instead of making spending cuts or...gasp...repealing tax cuts, it has decided it would rather BORROW FROM THE WORLD'S LARGEST COMMUNIST COUNTRY!!! The House Leader may very well go to Federal prison, the Senate Majority leader pushed legislation through the senate that profited him millions of dollars and is very close to being slapped by the JD, the chiefs of staff of the President and Vice President are this close to being indicted, and the only thing you have to say is "Well, the Democrats aren't squeeky clean either."

Norton, IMWalrus, myself, and the many other politically aware Democrats (or other) on the forums certainly don't agree on everything, but we all agree that the country needs to move forward. You can't justify your ideology by a fancy, misleading label alone.

"Southpark Republican", pfft, gimme a break.

Whew, I appriciate that. I dont' know much about the South Park guys political affiliation, but the content of the show makes me think that they probably don't like Bush too much. I get the feeling that the evangelical aspects of Bush probably make them both uncomfortable with him in office.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
iamyagami22 said:
Not another one.

liberal%20weiner.jpg

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
BoriquaSNK said:

Liberals = crazies

@IMtheWalrus : Are you kidding me, just because I believe in something means I have to fight for it? So if I believe that last hotdog on the grill is mine, then I have to kill a man to get it? Not everyone is meant to join the army, so dont go forcing BS down peoples throats.

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
iamyagami22 said:
Liberals = crazies

@IMtheWalrus : Are you kidding me, just because I believe in something means I have to fight for it? So if I believe that last hotdog on the grill is mine, then I have to kill a man to get it? Not everyone is meant to join the army, so dont go forcing BS down peoples throats.

What the fuck are you talking about hot dogs for? You just called liberals crazies and then you used what may be the worst analogy in the history of civilized culture.

When you believe in a war, you should go fight it rather than letting people who don't want to fight wage the war for you.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
BoriquaSNK said:

Unlike this BBS' other conservative members like Dinkings, JHendrix, Merc, and even Galfordo, people who genuinely buy into the ideology of the GOP for completely valid financial, religious, or constitutional reasons, Ely is a coward. You have no conviction other than your hatred for the left, you preach no viable alternative. You vote and support this administration despite the fact that it has PERMANENTLY increased the size of the government and instead of making spending cuts or...gasp...repealing tax cuts, it has decided it would rather BORROW FROM THE WORLD'S LARGEST COMMUNIST COUNTRY!!! The House Leader may very well go to Federal prison, the Senate Majority leader pushed legislation through the senate that profited him millions of dollars and is very close to being slapped by the JD, the chiefs of staff of the President and Vice President are this close to being indicted, and the only thing you have to say is "Well, the Democrats aren't squeeky clean either."
Oh no. I've been exposed like Paris Hilton.

Stinky, where I have expressed hatred for the left, or the rest of all this?

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
IMTheWalrus said:
What the fuck are you talking about hot dogs for? You just called liberals crazies and then you used what may be the worst analogy in the history of civilized culture.

When you believe in a war, you should go fight it rather than letting people who don't want to fight wage the war for you.

The fact that you even took the time to respond to my post is one thing, the fact that you say that anyone who believes in this war should join is CRAZY.

NOT EVERYONE IS MEANT FOR THE MILITARY!

BTW: that analogy was put there to piss you off, not to be taken seriously.

crazy...

melchia

Franco's Trainer
Magnaflux said:
Where is wizkid when you need him?

I know right...one of the rare times when all that needs to be posted is a book's length of dribble to combat the liberal rage.