The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Marek

Banned
Only in America. Goddamn. Beautiful country. Only country in the world you can walk up to your state's government house with guns and nothing happen to you---

---IF YOU'RE WHITE.

Cue lithy to tell us we're living in a post racial society or whatever.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
That black people would be fucked up immediately for doing the same thing.

If you're walking around outside my house with an assault rifle draped over you then you're a gunman. You dont have to jaywalk with it first.

Lol you pedantic fuck.

"After the state police questioned the men, they returned the weapons to them because the intruders had broken no law."

Keep projecting.

Marek

Banned
"After the state police questioned the men, they returned the weapons to them because the intruders had broken no law."

Keep projecting.

Projecting what? You're telling me if this was a bunch of black folks raising hell with ar15s it would have gone the same way?

Lol

lithy

20 Year Member
Projecting what? You're telling me if this was a bunch of black folks raising hell with ar15s it would have gone the same way?

Lol

I feel as if the onus is on you to provide something you think is a comparable example as to why you think state police would behave significantly different.

lithy

20 Year Member
What the populous... may or may not realize is that the quote I provided is not about the recent protests at the Michigan State House.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The police are gunmen then? I wouldn’t disagree with that...

Marek

Banned
What the populous... may or may not realize is that the quote I provided is not about the recent protests at the Michigan State House.

Yeah I tried to find that in an article and couldnt. So I chalked it up to laziness or stupidity. But no! It was a clever rouse!

Marek

Banned
I feel as if the onus is on you to provide something you think is a comparable example as to why you think state police would behave significantly different.

Lol ok I'll spend a little time and get you a very good example even though this is probably the single stupidest request ive ever agreed to.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Just for the record most people in Michigan are rolling their eyes at these protests. We have these pockets of right wing fringe nuts dating back to Timothy McVeigh and the Michigan Militia.

Sadly true. I grew up there and remember delivering papers to someone that had a giant graffiti stencil of McVeigh on their house.

lithy

20 Year Member
The police are gunmen then? I wouldn’t disagree with that...

giphy.gif

Yeah I tried to find that in an article and couldnt. So I chalked it up to laziness or stupidity. But no! It was a clever rouse!

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/history/article148667224.html

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
He's doing his word games again.

He said "capital police" so nothing short of a very specific example will suffice.

Lithy likes to straw man when it comes these topics, makes you wonder the color of his shoelaces.

Marek

Banned
I dont even know why I still bother with lithy.

He thinks all taxation is theft, yet drives on roads and most likely uses a city water/sewer system.

He thinks mandatory public school is a bad thing and an encroachment on freedom.

He thinks that states should be able to vote to turn into religous extremist governments and those who dont like it can move.

He has so many bad/stupid opinions.

Last edited:

lithy

20 Year Member
Different from what? How they would treat black people with guns or how they treat black people in general.
https://www.latimes.com/science/sto...gs-are-a-leading-cause-of-death-for-black-men

And I don't dispute these sorts of stats, although I would suggest the cause has a lot more to do with policy level decision making. Black neighborhoods are simply policed more. More interactions, more potential for officer-involved shootings. Militarization of police has a lot to do with it too, us vs. them mentality. I was particularly looking for an example involving some sort of government property or building and a demonstration or protest of some size though, not to play semantics, but to truly wonder if what Poppy suggested would happen is true. I don't think it would happen, I'm open to changing my mind, but I'll need more than, "Duh, cops kill black people".

I dont even know why I still bother with lithy.

He thinks all taxation is theft, yet drives on roads and most likely uses a city water/sewer system.

He thinks mandatory public school is a bad thing and an encroachment on freedom.

He thinks that states should be able to vote to turn into religous extremist governments and those who dont like it can move.

He has so many bad/stupid opinions.

BUT WHO WILL BUILD THE ROADS!

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Militarization of police has a lot to do with it too, us vs. them mentality.

This definitely didn't make stuff better. "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

Do local departments really need the military surplus gear?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It’s not surplus it’s new manufacture no different than what the actual military has.

Also: Probably not.

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
It’s not surplus it’s new manufacture no different than what the actual military has.

Oh really? I figured they were just getting the unused stock from the military. Pretty shitty either way.

lithy

20 Year Member
Oh really? I figured they were just getting the unused stock from the military. Pretty shitty either way.

It may have been at one point, but you know, first taste is free.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
This is irrelevant to this thread.

Wasn't sure if this belonged in this thread, which is about conspiracies, or the thread about action figures.

Last edited: