The all new 'What's it worth' thread

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have a MV-1FZ that needs to be repaired.

I think it is a ram error since it runs the older games but crashes after a few minutes but crashes right away when trying to play the later games.

I don't have the tools/knowledge to repair it so I figured I would just sell it to someone here.

Would $50 shipped be a reasonable price to sell it ?

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i have a friend (you dont know him) and he wants to sell a digital copy of the DGE AES 161 in 1 cover (the original, not the alternate version). how much is something like that worth?

PS: another friend (you dont know him either) told 10€ would be way low...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
wants to sell a digital copy of the DGE AES 161 in 1 cover (the original, not the alternate version). how much is something like that worth?
a digital copy of artwork for a bootleg by a known scammer? for €10?
:lolz: nice troll.

and now GTFO.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-27410-1388693522-15.gif

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
i have a friend (you dont know him) and he wants to sell a digital copy of the DGE AES 161 in 1 cover (the original, not the alternate version). how much is something like that worth?

At least your friend was cunning enough to send your sorry ass here to ask his stupid questions. But all three of you are idiots.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0

All of you are fucking retarded.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just saw that posting too. It's pretty good. I was really tempted but I'm too afraid to get back into AES. If a US buyer could scoop that up it would be an amazing deal.

Ya i agree, its also a Gold system with the box so damn good deal for any US buyer. The AES can definitely be a financial trap but your pretty set with this package..just get SS2 and FFS Jpn and youd have a damn good AES setup.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Heya kids. I'm looking to reduce my MVS collection, but my pricing knowledge is hilariously out of date. I was hoping for some price checks. Again, this is all MVS stuff. No boots as far as I'm aware (except Puzzle Bobble, which I assume is a boot -- haven't checked).

Samurai Shodown
Samurai Shodown II
Samurai Shodown IV
Magical Drop II
Windjammers
Waku Waku 7
Shock Troopers
SVC Chaos (full kit, minty, matching -- I'm the only one who's owned this)
KOF '96
KOF 2001 (full kit, minty, matching -- no other owners for this one either)
Metal Slug 4 (full kit again, also mint & match, you know the rest)
Puzzle Bobble (might be a boot)
Real Bout 2

I think that's about it. Thanks in advance.

P.S. How the hell is everybody?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
Yep. Not sure what to ask, though.

Depends on how charitable you want to be. They usually sell for around $100 on here but there are none on eBay (US) right now so yes, you could possibly get $200-$300 on there. If there's something you're looking for, there's always the trade bait option.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
What's my riding hero AES proto/beta/pre-release worth? the SNK eproms with the red stamp on the white label of each chip and all that good stuff. Meg count is different on the label than final release. Game only plays in english, even on a Japanese bios. Final race is vs Takanaka instead of Diamond dave. if I recall the game won't link up with a final release cart, but could be wrong on that.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
All right guys, I started a thread in the off site commerce sub forum but I thought I'd mention it here since so many people were asking me about it: I listed Windjammers and SVC Chaos on eBay. Have a look if you want:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/201527852307?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201527843556?

Not too sure anyone'll go for SVC Chaos at that price but we'll see. Someone did recently and mine is in better shape and has all the art, so...

Man. I feel like a big tymer seller here.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
With all this talk of Windjammers, Im curious how much the AES version goes for..JPN and US. Neo Geo Kult has it for between 400-600 Euro, i have a feeling its a tad more than that.

nesboy43

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask you Neo Geo experts on whether or not I should go for this cabinet. I'm looking to get an MVS and this guy about an hour away from me is selling a 2 slot one. It looks a bit beat up but he says it functions great and that the monitor has no burn in or fading. It is missing the Green buttons because he replaced the rest of them and ran out of spares. Would button replacement be an easy thing to do for an amateur?

He is asking $350 for it. Think this would be a decent price?

Thanks in advance for any help.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
i'm sure others will have more detailed responses, but I wouldn't worry to much about buttons. You can get replacement ones pretty cheap. The only issue might be getting the color right.

Also if you go and test out the cab give those empty buttons a try. Have him swap out the pins from one of the other buttons or something. Just to confirm the wires work and there isn't a surprise later if you took the cab home. Seems kinda odd to leave out that one set.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
That cab isn't to beat up. With a little love and money it would look nice again.

I paid 250 I think it was for a 4 slot back in 2010. The battery had leaked and i had to solder a bunch of jumper wires. So if this one does work I think the price is fair. Just be sure to check both slots work. Also no matter what replace that battery on the mobo.

nesboy43

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm sure others will have more detailed responses, but I wouldn't worry to much about buttons. You can get replacement ones pretty cheap. The only issue might be getting the color right.

Also if you go and test out the cab give those empty buttons a try. Have him swap out the pins from one of the other buttons or something. Just to confirm the wires work and there isn't a surprise later if you took the cab home. Seems kinda odd to leave out that one set.

That cab isn't to beat up. With a little love and money it would look nice again.

I paid 250 I think it was for a 4 slot back in 2010. The battery had leaked and i had to solder a bunch of jumper wires. So if this one does work I think the price is fair. Just be sure to check both slots work. Also no matter what replace that battery on the mobo.

Thank you both very much for the information. I really appreciate it. It's difficult to get a price estimate on something like an arcade cabinet, so it is good to hear from the experts. Glad to hear that the button replacement is simple as well. Hopefully it works out, if not I will be on the look out for another one in the SoCal area. I'm excited to (hopefully) get my first arcade cabinet.