The all new 'What's it worth' thread

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have a complete Pochi and Nyaa MVS English kit. One just sold for over $1,600 on ebay. How do you even sell something so expensive safely? I've never sold anything for more than maybe $200 before.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I have a complete Pochi and Nyaa MVS English kit. One just sold for over $1,600 on ebay. How do you even sell something so expensive safely? I've never sold anything for more than maybe $200 before.

Uhm, maybe on this forum? Just sayin'...

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No one here wants to pay that much. I don't blame them. I haven't had a private offer over $900, but if it really can sell for $1,600, then $900 is simply too much of a discount.

Those crazy Ebay auctions makes it hard to sell something in reasonable price and if you sell your game "cheap" good luck finding the next game that you wanted for a reasonable price.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
No one here wants to pay that much. I don't blame them. I haven't had a private offer over $900, but if it really can sell for $1,600, then $900 is simply too much of a discount.

Im surprised you still haven't sold that. It has been like five months...

When I made my final offer of 650 back then I got told "Yeah, I have an endless amount of people wanting it for that much. I may just be stuck tossing it on ebay to get what I want for it".

I wonder why. It isn't like a full kit around that time sold for 750 bucks on ebay. It seems you wanted ebay and beyond and were fishing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pochi-and-Nyaa-Neo-Geo-MVS/273103681243

But hey time makes a fool of us all.

Last edited:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1

That eBay seller got almost $1400 after fees and such, and is subject to a buyer initiating a bogus chargeback.

There's no guaranteed you'd get more than half that price - could've been shill bidding, could've been tow nut jobs bidding (one of whom now has a kit.) I've chanced things on ebay fishing for another sucker and it had backfired.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Yeah, that was mine. Both the buyer and I thought it would go much higher. But once the bidding hit 500, there was really only one guy bidding repeatedly, and two people put in single bids. The buyer was not the serial bidder. There wasn't a whole lot of people bidding on it to begin with and I started it at a penny. I am curious what the buyers max bid was, but either way, that is one more crazy buyer who throws money around off the market. And the one who paid 1600 is another one who is done. Could be a while before another one shows up. I won't question the rarity or supply of this kit, but I think the demand is overestimated.

It's kind of a lame game anyway.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Toying with selling my Saturn, but not sure what it's worth with all the mods. Has Bios and Phantom Chip mod, 3D Controller, plus the composite and power cable. USA version, works great. However, must note that I can not get the Phantom Chip mod to work (Burns won't load). Bios mod appears to work fine, except with Euro games. They tend to work for awhile, and then eventually crash to a black screen. JP games seem unaffected.

Really, I'm just in the market for a regular Saturn, with Pseudo Saturn. So a sell value, and trade value if I find someone with that setup would be appreciated.

EDIT: My bad. Just realized this is for Neo related stuff. Should I move this post?

Last edited:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I'm going to unload some MVS carts. I want them to sell and be a good forum price for the homies. Can y'all give me some direction? Many thanks!

Windjammers
Neo Turf Masters
Blazing Star
Last Resort
World Heroes
Samurai Shodown
2020 Super Baseball
Crossed Swords

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Honestly it's only worth the cart boards and the roms that were burned for it. Really anyone could make one.

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
OK, It just sold for $55 inclusive of international shipping.

Still it takes time and proper equipment to make one

Honestly it's only worth the cart boards and the roms that were burned for it. Really anyone could make one.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
JP Pochi & Nyaa loosie with a small tear in the label. Prices seem to be all over on these carts lately. What's a good forum price? Don't say no $150 or some BS.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
JP Pochi & Nyaa loosie with a small tear in the label. Prices seem to be all over on these carts lately. What's a good forum price? Don't say no $150 or some BS.

No one took your "chat special" price?

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking for some direction on purchasing and value of a Crossed Swords 2 MVS or AES Conversion. Also, what to look for in making sure it's a good copy...Would want one properly done from Razoola. Thanks.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
2nd gen walnut CMVS from Analogue, with 2x walnut sticks. Complete with A/V, S/VHS, & RGB cables & power supply.

One of the sticks has a scratch on the top of the wood, which I've not yet bothered to buff out.

EvilOtto83

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chaps n Lasses, Im obviously VERY new to this but with payday rapidy aproaching wanted a little bit of guidance, whats the going rate for a cart only copy of Street Hoop & Neo Turf Masters (there the only 2 sports titles im after for the entire system!), my only referances are ebay and the somewhat out of date price guide on here....

Last edited:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hi Chaps n Lasses, Im obviously VERY new to this but with payday rapidy aproaching wanted a little bit of guidance, whats the going rate for a cart only copy of Street Hoop & Neo Turf Masters (there the only 2 sports titles im after for the entire system!), my only referances are ebay and the somewhat out of date price guide on here....

I sold my Neo Turf Masters 2 cart only months ago for $80 shipped.