TGS: Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Nesagwa said:
Well go figure.

Wonder if Ocelot knew.

I don't think Ocelot or The Boss knew actually. They didn't act like they knew anything about each other when they interacted. The Boss didn't seem to care for him much either. I remember when she bitch-slapped him for acting like a dumbass.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Diavle18 said:
Memes are seperate from natural capacities and tendencies, those determine what memes you are attracted to. They make you differentiate, they aren't actually memes.

The Boss would be a meme which cannot pass on through genes. You liked what you liked but those weren't memories/information you already had, you found it attractive and took it in.

Hmm...

Well I'm guessing you understood MGS 2 better than I did. Because I took it to mean that Memes were transferable through genes.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
genjiglove said:
I don't think Ocelot or The Boss knew actually. They didn't act like they knew anything about each other when they interacted. The Boss didn't seem to care for him much either. I remember when she bitch-slapped him for acting like a dumbass.

Yeah but she slapped him instead of beating the shit out of him like with the rest. Also he kinda instantly piped without replying at all which we know isn't like him at all. The part before the one on one fight with Volgin also makes it seem like there is something between them.

Also, you gotta wonder how it is Ocelot knew CQC at the end, he sure as heck didn't know it before. The only other person to use CQC aside from the Boss was Big Boss, so in other words, two of the closest people to her knew CQC.

Stormrider_2977 said:
Hmm...

Well I'm guessing you understood MGS 2 better than I did. Because I took it to mean that Memes were transferable through genes.

MGS1 is about genes and how they alone don't count for anything (Liquid was the 'superior' clone but still lost).

MGS2 is about how dangerous pure information can be which is what makes the radio conversation with the Colonel and Rose so awesome. Raiden never actually met the Colonel but had no doubt that he existed, he had been very intimiate with Rose but still couldn't differentiate her from an AI.