TGS: Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
OMFG!! That chameleon camo is F'in SICK!!:eek: It's nice to finally see some gameplay footage.

I did notice that someone new is directing the game. I thought Kojima was directing this completely. Hope this has the Kojima flavor like the previous games.

Glad Harry Gregson Williams is back to do the music too. :buttrock:

I'm definitely putting down for a PS3 when this comes out.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Just when I thought I would NEVER pay that much for a PS3, Kojima puts together another boner-inducing MGS trailer and makes me change my mind.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
im kind of happy about the late 07 release.

gives the ps3 time to come down in price.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
genjiglove said:
Just when I thought I would NEVER pay that much for a PS3...
It all comes down to 2 things for me. Details about the PS3's region free-ness, and this game not making it to 360 at some point. I'll be waiting to make sure, since there doesn't seem to be as much difference in power between the two machines as was originally claimed.

This making it to 360 or the Ninja Gaiden sequel (not Black.5) making it to PS3 could tip the scale either way. I don't want to buy both machines...it kills me that I bought all 3 of this generation's consoles for the price PS3 will cost.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
SouthtownKid said:
It all comes down to 2 things for me. Details about the PS3's region free-ness, and this game not making it to 360 at some point. I'll be waiting to make sure, since there doesn't seem to be as much difference in power between the two machines as was originally claimed.

This making it to 360 or the Ninja Gaiden sequel (not Black.5) making it to PS3 could tip the scale either way. I don't want to buy both machines...it kills me that I bought all 3 of this generation's consoles for the price PS3 will cost.

There's a rumor floating around from the TGS that the base model PS3 will be around $400 now, I might just get one of those. I have no use for a blu-ray player.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
genjiglove said:
There's a rumor floating around from the TGS that the base model PS3 will be around $400 now, I might just get one of those. I have no use for a blu-ray player.
Yeah, you'd think so, but watch them start making games that aren't playable unless you got the blu-ray crap in there. But I agree, as far as movies, I don't need it.

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
genjiglove said:

yeah
about $430 but, apparentily, only for the jap market
http://us.gamespot.com/news/6158155.html

an HDMI out will be added too

we're in the same boat
I was like: "I refuse to spend that much just to play ONE game" but what you wanna do?
I might end up get one next x-mas (obviously a 20Gb) since I'll be in Japan, IF the region free-ness is confirmed

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
wouldn't it be wise to check build quality before you buy an import system that may not me replacable? that's something keeping me on the sideline for now. not really the price. also the games. I'm not too impressed by anything on PS3 yet. maybe Ninja Gaiden.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
o my god, that video was amazing. Big story element though a young AND old snake?!?!?

Is old Snake Naked Snake? It explains the patch eye...and him using CQC techniques. O my this game just blew my mind.

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
DevilRedeemed said:
wouldn't it be wise to check build quality before you buy an import system that may not me replacable? that's something keeping me on the sideline for now. not really the price. also the games. I'm not too impressed by anything on PS3 yet. maybe Ninja Gaiden.

hey hey
wassup boludo?;)

yeah I know what you mean
anyway buying imports never scared me as I actually NEVER EVER bought anything with PAL written on. I only get my stuff from the US, or from Asia

I'll have couple of weeks, staying in a private house, to check if it's faulty or not.
If it fucks up after several months....well that's a risk I've been taking for the past 15 years:tickled:

edit:
anyway I meant x-mas 2007

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
o my god, that video was amazing. Big story element though a young AND old snake?!?!?

Is old Snake Naked Snake? It explains the patch eye...and him using CQC techniques. O my this game just blew my mind.

Snake from MGS3 was Big Boss, I thought that was pretty clear.

This is old Solid Snake.

That was mostly likely a new clone to keep the program going.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:

He has no "Solid Eye" (patch) in the latest trailer...

Nesagwa said:

Maybe it's... Old Raiden? Hahaha

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
He has no "Solid Eye" (patch) in the latest trailer...

Maybe it's... Old Raiden? Hahaha

Could be that too. Or a bastard son. Or a new character all together.

Who knows.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:

Snake from MGS3 was Big Boss, I thought that was pretty clear.

This is old Solid Snake.

I do remember him recieving the title after MGS3, but my memoryof MGS1 is a bit fuzzy.
So a few things puzzle me
#1. Whos grave is he saluting in the old trailer...the only I can think of is The Boss's
#2. The way he talks of wiping his genes in the old trailer also fits the bill.
#3. This young Snake isn't explained at all....a great teaser.

I just watched the old trailer and if you watch it thinking maybe it's Naked it makes some sence, but then again offers holes. It is Hideo so you never know what odd plot twists will come up, and that we can agree on.

Metal gear Portable Ops will explain things though. this game looks so amazing and gorgeous

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Its not an eye-patch but the Solid Eye, combines Thermals etc all into one.

I woulnd't be suprised if its just Kojima screwing with us using Octocam, notice in the beginning when Snake is playing dead the system simulates blood and injuries on his face as well.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Well....thats two games that warrant a PS3 purchase. And still, both come out NEXT year, so no rush to buy one now.

O.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I haven't play a Metal Gear Solid game since the first. For some reason I want to play this one. It just looks damn good and awesome.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
I do remember him recieving the title after MGS3, but my memoryof MGS1 is a bit fuzzy.
So a few things puzzle me
#1. Whos grave is he saluting in the old trailer...the only I can think of is The Boss's
#2. The way he talks of wiping his genes in the old trailer also fits the bill.
#3. This young Snake isn't explained at all....a great teaser.

I just watched the old trailer and if you watch it thinking maybe it's Naked it makes some sence, but then again offers holes. It is Hideo so you never know what odd plot twists will come up, and that we can agree on.

Metal gear Portable Ops will explain things though. this game looks so amazing and gorgeous

The Boss's grave. As in the woman Boss. Not Big Boss. MGS3 is about Big Boss in the 1960s. Its who Solid Snake, Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake were all cloned from.

MGS3 takes place almost 40 years before MGS1. The "Naked Snake" (Big Boss) of MGS3 died in the original Metal Gear game on MSX.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
The Boss's grave. As in the woman Boss. Not Big Boss. MGS3 is about Big Boss in the 1960s. Its who Solid Snake, Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake were all cloned from.

MGS3 takes place almost 40 years before MGS1. The "Naked Snake" (Big Boss) of MGS3 died in the original Metal Gear game on MSX.

I thought "Naked Snake" Boss died in Metal Gear 2 in Zanzibar Land?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:

What relation did Solid Snake have with "the boss" though? Why he'd be saluting her grave I have no clue.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
What relation did Solid Snake have with "the boss" though? Why he'd be saluting her grave I have no clue.

Because she was his mentor?

Because he realised she made the ultimate sacrifice and went down in history as a traitor to her country, for the sake of the mission?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
GD said:
Because she was his mentor?

Because he realised she made the ultimate sacrifice and went down in history as a traitor to her country, for the sake of the mission?
Solid Snake the clone I don't think even knew of what "The Boss" did. Naked Snake yes he killed her, but Solid was made after "The Boss" was dead. So why is he saluting her grave him being Solid Snake who never met "The Boss" unless he has Nakeds memories or something goofy....