Super HD System 3 Pro

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
20210828_220601.jpg
So on the right is my memory card. The left are the files I zipped. If you want to give this a shot, pm an email address and I'll send it.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I got Forgotten Worlds to boot immediately before the device wiped my card.

I downloaded a new Super CD ROM 2 file, put the HuCard stuff on as well as Image Fight II and Psychic Storm. I selected the Super CD ROM 2 card in the menu. Psychic Storm will load, but Image Fight II sends me to the CD player UI. Kinda at a loss here.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member

I downloaded a new Super CD ROM 2 file, put the HuCard stuff on as well as Image Fight II and Psychic Storm. I selected the Super CD ROM 2 card in the menu. Psychic Storm will load, but Image Fight II sends me to the CD player UI. Kinda at a loss here.
Sounds like another quality product from Tard Onion. A device that makes Supergrafx games stutter as bad as Todd when hes making YouTube videos, and also as a bonus wipes SD cards when it feels like it. 😂

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I only have had the chance to mess with CD games today. The small handful of regular CD games I've tried all boot no problem (played Bonk 3 for a good half hour with no issues, for instance). Arcade Card games have been more hit and miss. Unable to load either World Heroes (mostly wouldn't load, then finally came up with music/SFX and a static garbled screen) or FFS (black screen, won't load), Strider booted up no problem. I'll try to run both Image Fight II and Forgotten Worlds tomorrow.

I don't know much about Super Grafx games, but GnG played just fine with no noticable stuttering for me.

I haven't used the HDMI port yet, but the picture looks great so far with HD Retrovision cables.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Might have this sorted. RevQuixo and I chatted on their Discord server. Couple things appeared to be at play here:

1. It seems that my card had become corrupted. I ran repair disk and it seems like Windows found something wrong with it. The card (Sandisk) was brand new - I cracked open the packaging just for use with this. I’m guessing when the SHDS3 wiped my card, it had something to do with this.

2. It seems like it mostly just doesn’t like the roms I had, which is funny considering they came from the Redump set that would have been available mid 2019, and they literally came from the card that was in my SSDS3 before I sold it.

I downloaded Forgotten Worlds yesterday, and redownloaded Image Fight II earlier today, and those seem to load fine now. All of the old roms I had are no good though.

Most importantly, Gate of Thunder boots properly, so whatever. I gotta take at least part of the blame on this one. RevQuixo was awesome to work with. Don’t know if he’s with TO in any official capacity, but he didn’t call me a “fagit,” so that’s a win, yeah? Thanks to everybody who helped out here too, btw. ✌️

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's a good practice to always format a card with SDformatter in these kinds of devices before use. Computers aren't that picky, but I've found Raspberry Pis, flash carts, and such can have random issues if you don't.

joinerlex

n00b
Acquired Super HD System 3 PRO. When turned on, there is no picture. I changed memory cards, power supplies, TV and cables. The LED is on, there is also synchronization - the TV switches the input via HDMI and RGB SCART, then a black screen. With composite connection, the screen is white. There is no image. A "bup" folder is created on the memory card. There is no way to check on another console. Ideas?

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Acquired Super HD System 3 PRO. When turned on, there is no picture. I changed memory cards, power supplies, TV and cables. The LED is on, there is also synchronization - the TV switches the input via HDMI and RGB SCART, then a black screen. With composite connection, the screen is white. There is no image. A "bup" folder is created on the memory card. There is no way to check on another console. Ideas?
Did you update to latest firmware and gather the necessary bios files and such? Go through the steps in the manual https://downloads.terraonion.com/shds3pro_manual.pdf

joinerlex

n00b
I cannot update the firmware - the cartridge shell does not load, just a black screen. Closed, my return has been approved.