Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Looks boring.

I'll take the original, any day.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Didn't Magician do one of these a while back? The game doesn't look any more interesting than it did months ago. The game play looks like it's tight, but where's the soul?
If I was going to give Capcom a pity purchase, I'd pay 5 bucks, 8 at most.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I'm a lot more interested in it as a 2D style game than 3D, but I'm concerned that he said it was too easy. Game reviewers tend to think things are too hard when they're not, so if he's saying it's easy then it must be ridiculously easy. There better be variable difficulty.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Didn't Magician do one of these a while back? The game doesn't look any more interesting than it did months ago. The game play looks like it's tight, but where's the soul?
If I was going to give Capcom a pity purchase, I'd pay 5 bucks, 8 at most.

this is capcom we are talking about.

it will be $25 DL only.

DLC packs will be included on the main download, but you need to pay extra to unlock them.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I will probably buy this unless everyone says it is literally a steaming pile in the initial reviews.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Looks alright. Hoping the game is not littered with micro-transaction bullshit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If only the original music composer could do this game as well then it might have a chance.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
In the previous gameplay trailer, it too, had a ton of health and recovery items were doled out like candy on a Halloween night. That just doesn't feel like Strider.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Looks decent to me. It's certainly much nicer looking than the horrific looking Strider 2 they released for PS1 15 years ago... even if it did play well enough.

At the right price, I'll get this i.e. sub-£10 window...

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I really want this to be good, Strider is an awesome property the deserves to continue. I fear based on Capcom's performance as of late however, it will be just how cdamm described it above... Maybe worse! :(

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
LOL Strider. Another title I can't wait to miss.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
People are complaining that the game looks easy, but here are a few things to consider:

1.) Crank the difficulty.

2.) The game isn't being made for the 40 somethings that love the old game for its hardcore mechanics.

Quite simply, Capcom isn't making the game for you.

They're making it so that it'll be favorably received and make money.

Probably because they want to revive the IP and create a new series.

Look, I get it. You all love the old Strider. And that is legitimately awesome.

I just love Strider.

Day one.

If it isn't fun to play, I'll bitch about it then.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
I rather have Capcom have made this than Double Helix looking at how they screwed up Killer instinct but looking pretty good so far.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I'll probably buy it because I'm a strider sucker. Here's hoping its good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
I rather have Capcom have made this than Double Helix looking at how they screwed up Killer instinct but looking pretty good so far.

WTF? Killer Instinct was great! Buffy on Xbox was great! Silent Hill: Homecoming was decent! But KI was insane!. I hope this fucker rocks and if it doesen't then LIFE WILL FUCKING GO ON!

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I played the demo build that Capcom had at New York Comic Con a couple of months ago and I actually thought it was hard. If you don't learn how to slide and dodge the enemy bullets they'll end you really quick. I saw a few people die off not even 30 seconds into the demo. The game looked really nice. I saw somebody here mention Strider 2 and that looked horrible, but it's still a fun game. I liked it that they even gave Strider his launcher from the Vs. Series so you can pop up bots and jump and slice them in the air.

As long as they don't cram it full of micro-transactions I'll pony up the money for it depending on how the reviews go for it. I think it'll be safe to say that it'll be priced at 15-20 bucks considering that's how much Ducktales Remastered was when it first came out.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Pre-ordered the Japanese LE a while back when it was released on the Capcom Japan website.