Star Wars: The Old Republic

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Fuck Online Gaming, no one reads it.

Early start from preordering begins on the 13th of this month, and runs up to the 19th. Launch is the 20th.

I am trying to get everyone I know onto the same server, because trying to play with friends in WoW was a tiresome chore. Everyone's on a different goddamn server.

Just wondering who else is going to be on board for launch. What class and faction are you planning on playing? Did you preorder?

Also, might as well get this out of the way. IN B4 SHROOM STARTS BASHING IT. WOW WITH LIGHTSABERS, OMFG WTF!

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I can't believe no one here is playing this..

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So, how is it?

Answer in the form of statements aimed at someone who has never played WoW. I briefly played Ultima Online like 10+ years ago.

So...yeah.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I was looking to make a run at swotor, but after a couple months of beta testing...i decided to skip on this one.
It is polished as far as launched MMO's go. PvP gets a little clunky. And your framerate can vary in normal gameplay. I think it will have a decent population. I would still expect a server merger in about 6 months.

To be honest, Guild Wars 2 looks like it is going to be better all over. GW1 is probably the only MMO I haven't played, but gw2 is completely different. http://youtu.be/xBC_ig73aMs

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'll try it out when it goes Free to Play next year.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'd love to play it. But I hate getting sucked into time sink 15 dollar a month MMO's. If they end up going F2P I'll hop on. The beta was pretty cool, but I only did the starter missions. Didn't really get to team up much, but I liked it how they did the dialog where everybody gets a random roll and whoever wins the roll gets to say the next thing. Hopefully they'll keep adding more to it.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Also, might as well get this out of the way. IN B4 SHROOM STARTS BASHING IT. WOW WITH LIGHTSABERS, OMFG WTF!

That is not my problem in general. However, EA and Origin is and I didn't really like what I saw in the beta.
Thanks. :)

PS: F2P in a year.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Star Wars Galaxies servers shut down a week ago, awwww.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I will post a wall of text later, when I am home from work.

I will say though, that I am running the client without Origin.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I will post a wall of text later, when I am home from work.

I will say though, that I am running the client without Origin.

Thanks man, looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the game.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Is the game any good ? I have not played any star wars games since super star wars on the super famicom.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I have the game sitting in the corner unopened. Still spending too much time in KOF XIII combo practice. :P