so.. uh... baltimore.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
You want to talk about oppression and resiliency?

White vs black?

John Lennon got shot and died, Cam'ron got shot and drove to the hospital in a Lamborghini. No comparasion really.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Please. Continue to tell me about who I am, what I've experienced and how that relates to this discussion that I likely agree with you on for the most part. Or would you rather just beat up strawmen all day?

Sure, since you asked so politely.

You are judging the people who rioted as if you have a right. You don't. How many times in your enigmatic life that I know so little about have you ever thought about Baltimore, or the black peoples who live there, or the black people who live in its low income neighborhoods? But you can sit back and point your finger from your Deep South of the mason Dixon chair, and judge.

You're judging those people as much as I am judging you. And trust me, I have seen more of your insights on this forum than you have experienced of the people of Baltimore.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You want to talk about oppression and resiliency?

White vs black?

John Lennon got shot and died, Cam'ron got shot and drove to the hospital in a Lamborghini. No comparasion really.

Tupac died.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm curious. I mean Bailey Jay is all well proportioned... Like I don't know.

Would I if the secret wasn't known? Probably.

Now that I know the secret... Would I mash on them titties? I mean, I may, but if my forearm brushed across her penis, I may get weird emotions.

I could never fuck someone that has a bigger dick than me.

Wait... wut?

:spock:

and the Outlawz smoked his ashes.

Well, they smoked his dick while he was alive, so why not?

Last edited:

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Valid points, Mike. I'm not trying to make excuses for looting, just saying that's it's near impossible for a lot of people in the inner cities to survive, let alone save any money. The police, municipal violations, prosecution of non violent drug offenders, all out of control IMO.

Of course we all want simple answers to complex problems, but that's a pipe dream. If it were up to me, I'd say:

- Return to the tax rates on the rich we had a few decades ago, or at least prior to the bush Jr "temporary" tax cuts, and use the money to fund education and infrastructure. Education is the key to the exit door of poverty.

- Raise the minimum wage.

- Stop the prosecution of non-violent drug offenders, legalize marijuana, and treat hard drugs as health issues rather than criminal issues. I feel like this would really help relations between police and communities, since prosecuting actual criminals is a good thing, where as jailing people for things that are harmless to others breeds a culture of fear and disrespect.

You get it. I was just going to rant on the drug war a little bit. It's probably the root cause of a lot of this rage. It gives the cops an excuse to harass anyone any time and splits up families etc. it's the reason most of these guys are put through the justice system. And it's laughable. It's estimated that 9.5% of whites use some sort of illegal drug, and 10.5% Of blacks do. Of course if you look at how many more whites than blacks there are in is country, you realize that way more white people are using than blacks. But look at the prison population. 60-70% of it is black people, and most of them are in for non violent drug offenses. There's an obvious skew to the judicial system and law enforcement here. I swear if drugs laws were enforced evenly the drug war would come to a halt real quick.

I'd love to rant on how evil the drug war has been for this country and it's IMO the basis for every civil right violation to come down the tube. But I don't want to derail this thread.

Ps: fuck the drug war.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
But look at the prison population. 60-70% of it is black people, and most of them are in for non violent drug offenses. There's an obvious skew to the judicial system and law enforcement here. I swear if drugs laws were enforced evenly the drug war would come to a halt real quick.

I'd love to rant on how evil the drug war has been for this country and it's IMO the basis for every civil right violation to come down the tube. But I don't want to derail this thread.

Ps: fuck the drug war.

Ah ah ah, no free nuts, buddy... I'd like to see your source for that bit of info.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,

You are judging the people who rioted as if you have a right. You don't. How many times in your enigmatic life that I know so little about have you ever thought about Baltimore, or the black peoples who live there, or the black people who live in its low income neighborhoods? But you can sit back and point your finger from your Deep South of the mason Dixon chair, and judge.

You're judging those people as much as I am judging you. And trust me, I have seen more of your insights on this forum than you have experienced of the people of Baltimore.

I'm genuinely curious of your opinion on this. I'm not saying you're write or wrong, I really do wanna understand your thought process. I have trouble understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) why you feel rioting is an understandable reaction to this? I don't agree with what happened in Baltimore. But is it wrong for me to think that violence isn't an acceptable rhetoric because I am not in their situation? It doesn't help any cause even if it sheds light on it because it becomes skewed. The issue gets ignored and only the violence gets the attention. Perhaps a bad analogy but if something like this happened and everyone decided to just rape everyone for some unknown reason...is this understandable because I'm not in their situation even though it isn't the answer?

I mean look at the problem here, everyone is talking about the rioting. Here's the real issue that almost everyone is overlooking:

Just remember guys: this is about a man who was detained for an undisclosed reason, and at some point in their custody he was BRUTALLY MURDERED by way of complications emerging from a "spinal cord injury".

Again, let me repeat myself, THIS is about a guy who was 5 and a half feet tall, 145lbs, with asthma and a broken leg, getting BEATEN TO DEATH by cops in a cell for no reason.

He was unarmed, alone, trapped, had a broken leg, and they threw away his inhaler...and a number of cops grabbed some clubs and worked him over....a small, defenseless man who was already in excruciating pain....and they continued to assault him until KILLING HIM. For the crime of RUNNING AWAY.

I'm sorry, but that part of the story is WAY more important than some ghetto getting looted imo.

The police are not judge and executioners, their job is to apprehend and keep the peace.

I think the peaceful protests in New York got more attention than riots ever did. I thought that was commendable how such large crowds of all minorities banded together, kept a cool head and definitely got their point across. Peaceful protests can work if you keep the hoodlums from drawing all the attention in my opinion.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Ah ah ah, no free nuts, buddy... I'd like to see your source for that bit of info.

I would spend time backing up Force, but then I remember that you're in the "I have nothing to hide" camp.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I never understood why people riot at their own neighborhood...They should stage a riot somewhere else or better yet rich white people area...

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
The reason some black people feel this way is 75% the fact that in many areas of the US (i.e.: most) they get treated as if the color of their skin is in some way a violation of the law. People are going to have to start listening to me when I say that the job of police officer attracts many people who are either psycho/sociopaths or just really like the feeling of power and domination and want to feel that everyday at work. Oh, and then there are the motherfuckers we glorify who are addicted to the thrill of the hunt like they were English hunting dogs after a fox. At least a third of cops are completely unprofessional, habitual liars and abusers of the law they have sworn to uphold. They commit any crime they want, and the amoral "thin blue line" of brotherhood keeps them above the law.

The other 25% is because of people who are not even black getting involved and rabble rousing for the sake of "taking down the man". These people are idiots who should be given to the cops and have a broomstick shoved up their rectums. They are both stupid and delusional and have no place out there starting shit up. The other parts are 1) being raised in a poor-ass ghetto with incredibly ignorant stereotypes for parents, and 2) people who have a major conflict of interest issue in terms of creating racial harmony- radical preachers and community leaders. AKA Al Sharpton and Jesse the 'gloid Jackson. They lose their jobs if there isn't some injustice lurking around every corner.

And don't just judge whites for being racist- I speak from personal experience when I say that some Asians and especially latinos are incredibly racist towards black people. Hell, even a lot of gay people are complete racists. Southern California 2nd and 3rd generation mexican-americans are some of the most racist "its all about us, us, US!" motherfuckers on earth.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The reason some black people feel this way is 75% the fact that in many areas of the US (i.e.: most) they get treated as if the color of their skin is in some way a violation of the law. People are going to have to start listening to me when I say that the job of police officer attracts many people who are either psycho/sociopaths or just really like the feeling of power and domination and want to feel that everyday at work. Oh, and then there are the motherfuckers we glorify who are addicted to the thrill of the hunt like they were English hunting dogs after a fox. At least a third of cops are completely unprofessional, habitual liars and abusers of the law they have sworn to uphold. They commit any crime they want, and the amoral "thin blue line" of brotherhood keeps them above the law.

The other 25% is because of people who are not even black getting involved and rabble rousing for the sake of "taking down the man". These people are idiots who should be given to the cops and have a broomstick shoved up their rectums. They are both stupid and delusional and have no place out there starting shit up. The other parts are 1) being raised in a poor-ass ghetto with incredibly ignorant stereotypes for parents, and 2) people who have a major conflict of interest issue in terms of creating racial harmony- radical preachers and community leaders. AKA Al Sharpton and Jesse the 'gloid Jackson. They lose their jobs if there isn't some injustice lurking around every corner.

And don't just judge whites for being racist- I speak from personal experience when I say that some Asians and especially latinos are incredibly racist towards black people. Hell, even a lot of gay people are complete racists. Southern California 2nd and 3rd generation mexican-americans are some of the most racist "its all about us, us, US!" motherfuckers on earth.

/thread

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This is common knowledge at this point in the game, but ok. I'll back up what I've said. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_the_War_on_Drugs#African_American_Communities

Just google racist drug war. You'll get more articles supporting my claim than You could read in 10 lifetimes.

I don't see hard numbers.

I would spend time backing up Force, but then I remember that you're in the "I have nothing to hide" camp.

Some people change their minds, bud... I have a pretty high level of cognitive plasticity. More than most, I'd say.

I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong... however, I require hard proof.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
P.s. manual labour wages became high enough to offshore them to china two decades ago, there's a whole untapped world of impoverished people for the west to exploit before we start having to use robots to finger fuck our burgers, don't worry about that.

And now that cost of living has risen in China along with the emergence of a middle-class, in the next few decades all the work will move (again) to southeast Asian countries like Vietnam and Bangladesh.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member

Now that you're done playing Carnac the Magnificent, I lived 15 minutes outside of Baltimore for 4 years. My sister went to UMBC. Spent summers at the shitty Six Flags there back when it was called Adventure World. Lived in and around DC for another 13 years. So yes, I spent a lot of time in and around Baltimore back in the 90s and likely have a hell of a lot more experience with its culture and its people than you do. It was a shitty, dangerous place full of corruption back then and it still is now. Some damn good seafood though. All that said, I'm not foolish enough to pretend that my experiences living in that area somehow makes my opinion of what's going on there currently any more valid than yours living thousands of miles way.

Doesn't matter whether it's Baltimore, Newark, Detroit or any other place where corruption and gross mismanagement has made life a living hell for the poor and disenfranchised: rioters and looters aren't the downtrodden fighting for a noble cause. They're criminals, just like those piece of shit cops and corrupt politicians, who steal and destroy property because they're blindly angry and don't respect themselves, their city or the other people who live in it. There are plenty of other people who saw this gross injustice and took to the streets in peaceful protest. They should be supported and lauded.

I "judge" them (rioters and looters, not peaceful protestors) the way you judge me because what they do is wrong regardless of the reason they do it. The peoples' desperation is a reason to address the underlying issues that cause all of the corruption and misery and hopefully some meaningful change comes out of all of this... but it's not a legal defense.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
And now that cost of living has risen in China along with the emergence of a middle-class, in the next few decades all the work will move (again) to southeast Asian countries like Vietnam and Bangladesh.

Yep. And so on and so on. Eventually we'll be using those damn Martian mutants. Open your mind, OPEN YOUR MIIIIIND

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I want to add that while I 100% do think black people have a raw deal and that I couldn't agree more about the cops and jail/judicial system being completely biased against black people- that a lot of these rioters, black rioters included, are just the shittiest rung of person. But if the violence is looting and directed only at cops, then I can forgive it to a point. But violence against any non law enforcement other human being is totally non-grata and wrong. The Reginald Denny beating during the Rodney King riots was the same as the KKK lynching of a black man.

Cops signed up for a dangerous job and know that they did 100%.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
All that said, I'm not foolish enough to pretend that my experiences living in that area somehow makes my opinion of what's going on there currently any more valid than yours living thousands of miles way.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh man.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I want to add that while I 100% do think black people have a raw deal and that I couldn't agree more about the cops and jail/judicial system being completely biased against black people- that a lot of these rioters, black rioters included, are just the shittiest rung of person. But if the violence is looting and directed only at cops, then I can forgive it to a point. But violence against any non law enforcement other human being is totally non-grata and wrong. The Reginald Denny beating during the Rodney King riots was the same as the KKK lynching of a black man.

Cops signed up for a dangerous job and know that they did 100%.

Those shittiest rung of persons were created by the government that abandoned their community.

My biggest problem with people pointing their fingers at the rioters is that even if you provide the resources to arrest them, the problem remains. The anger is still there, from a large group of people, who aren't just blacks anymore, but white people too, and these riots will spark again and again.

It's the equivalent of spraying fabreeze on soiled pants.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
poopants- They should be disposed of entirely?