So, my apartment burnt to a crisp

Bhm

Not to be confused with H&M,
Hey, guys

Long time no see, eh?

Well, the reason for my absence is that my apartment was BBQ'd. I'm sitting here on a PII 233mhz craptastic piece of ass in an unfurnished apartment waiting for the insurance company to pay me some fucking money.

I lost my kickass Fish (an oscar) which was 8 yrs old (R.I.P Ernesto). My (quite modest) Neo NGH collection along with everything else that I owned. I remember standing there silently as the snowflakes fell slowly to the ground, staring at what was left of my apartment realizing that the only thing that I owned was the clothes on my body.

Anyway, sorry NBM, I haven't had access to a computer and I currently don't have any money AT ALL so that I can send your long-awaited $55. I know I'm an asshole but I don't have any money at all to spare. I'm currently eating noodles with plastic cutlery in a plastic bowl. Life couldn't be anymore asstastic.

Anyway, I'm off to stare at a wall as I'm borrowing my (new) neighbours internet connection.

// Bhm

Edit: I found a very fitting post-icon :D

Also, Joe McCabe, take yourgrubby hands off my avatar :D

<small>[ February 10, 2003, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Bhm ]</small>

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Dude, that suuuuuuuuuuucks.

Hope you get back on your feet soon.
:)

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Man BHM, that sucks. crying I hope you get your check from the insurance company, I can't imagine what I would do if my home burned down.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Maybe now, you can use the insureance moneies to start a melon farm!!!

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Oy,

that's $57. Oddly enough I just sent you an e-mail about 30 minutes ago. Sorry you've only got a BBQ pit of a flat left.

Anyway, get back on your feet soon. We miss your arguing with Magna over the superiority of European automotives. And anyway, where you staying now?

Take care, I'm off on holiday shortly.

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
Geeze...I hope you get that money soon...sorry to hear about this...

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Neo Bomber Man:
Oy,

that's $57. Oddly enough I just sent you an e-mail about 30 minutes ago. Sorry you've only got a BBQ pit of a flat left.

Anyway, get back on your feet soon. We miss your arguing with Magna over the superiority of European automotives. And anyway, where you staying now?

Take care, I'm off on holiday shortly.
Arguing? More like complete and total Bhm ownage by yours truly. Anyways, as long as Bhm is ok, that's what matters, i mean everything else can be replaced. Good thing you've got insurance.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
I send my best wishes to you in this down time. You shall recover though!

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
That really sucks, best of luck with the insurance!

Out of morbid curiousity, would you post a list of the NGH carts lost?

<small>[ February 10, 2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Wolf ]</small>

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
My family had a fire that burnt down the whole apartment house a few years ago.
We lost everything.
I was away that night but I remember getting a call a 4 am from my sister saying that there was a fire and everyone was ok.
But.
They had to jump out of a second floor window and barely made it out alive.
My sister broke her ankle and my other sister broke her nose jumping out the window.
Otherwise they all had Smoke inhalation damage.
My mom had several expensive birds that were killed also.(pets)
It was an unbelievable experience..
That fire still haunts my family today.

Good Luck to you...Best regards..

BIG

sony fanboy
Man,that sucks.Good luck to ya,I hope you can regain your finances real soon.By the way,that insurance check should come in handy!Best of luck!

aria

Former Moderator
Good god! I'm glad to hear you're okay.

+++SLUG FLYER+++:
Did you have one of the 2 known copies of that kizuna encounter? lol
Umm... Sure he did. In fact, he might have just claimed that on his insurance.

Of course, even if he did, I could just see the resulting argument:

"I swear, it was a $2000 video game! ... What? Stop looking at me like that!

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
ugh.
sorry bhm.
glad youre alright though.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Jesus man. I'm very very glad to hear that you are still alive and in good health. I don't really know what else to say. All I can do is pray you fully get back into the swing of things.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Fuck that sucks, sorry to hear that... I don't know you, but I really hope you get back on your feet soon.

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
That really sucks. Did you have insurance?

Ive started to get gittery lately. After realizing just how much ive paid for all my games over the years ive decided to insure it all for $18,000 just incase something aweful happend.

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
I know sort of how that feels , back in 1999 I moved into a friends basement , it was an old farm house out in the country so the basement was about 1200 squarefeet , it was a great place for 200.00 a month , I got a call christmas eve of all times, from my brother while I was at work telling me the house burned down.

That is truely a horrible feeling !

I was very lucky since I was in the basement I only got some smoke damage , but the house was completely gutted upstairs , my only real concern was for my dog , who I sometimes left down stairs while I was at work , luckily on that night I left him out on a cable attatched to a tree near bye.

Although I didnt loose as much as you have I sure know how scarey that can be , I had no idea what to expect when I arrived home , I was expecting the worst but lucked out. Then about 8 months later while living in an apartment some gal who was supposed to watching her kids downstairs was sleeping instead and one of her kids decided to light a matterss on fire with a lighter , but the fire dept got there in good time and again I got more smoke , I thought to myself , this cant be happening again !

Hope you bounce back soon man , material possesions can be replaced but we only have one shot at life , its good to hear you are ok.

edited for my crappy grammer :D

<small>[ February 10, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: candycab ]</small>

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Wow, Im sorry to hear that. Was it a neighabors fault? Did you kick their ass? Well anyways good luck. I am truly sorry that that kind of luck has befallen you even in my mocking and jestful manner.

Bhm

Not to be confused with H&M,
Thanx for the replies, guys
Although it doesn't make me feel any better it atleast shows that there are people that atleast remotely care.

My list of K.I.A neo-games:

AoF
AoF II
SuperSideKicks
KoTM
KotM II
SS
SSII
LBII
KoF'99
KoF'2k

NGH unit, 3 controllers

2 NGP's with 12 games
1 kickass 10" Mai Action fig :(
Lots of other collectables
ALL OF MY FUCKING SNK TRADING CARDS.

Generic important stuff:
My kickass computers, my clothes, my 3 pairs of custom made sunglasses, my photalbums, my NES, my PS, my megadrive, my newly bought (brand new) DC (heck, I didn't even get to try the fucker out), my gigantic CD-collection and the one that hurts the most:
My 480l aquarium with the coolest collection of fishies around along with $1400 of aquarium equipment.

Life sux.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that the new Volvo 2.5l s80(r) executive that is due out in late 2003 will kick Magnasex's ass back to school.

Keep the donuts rollin'! buttrock

Edit:

Update, They're gonna let me into the apartment to start the damage-assesment along with the cops and an insurance damage-inspector.

Await pics of horribly smoke-defiled NGH-carts and HOT HOT dead fish action.

@ jonafag: hahahahaha, I just checked my mail. It's gotta look REALLY REALLY suspicious that I posted this 30mins after you sent your mail ("SORRY DOOD! I CAN'T SEND MONEY YET. WHY? CUZ... UHM... EHM... MY HOUSE... IS ON FIRE. YEAH! THAT'S IT! MY HOUSE IS IN FLAMES!" :D )

<small>[ February 11, 2003, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Bhm ]</small>

aria

Former Moderator
A moment of silence for the dead.

Bhm:
My list of K.I.A neo-games:

AoF
AoF II
SuperSideKicks
KoTM
KotM II
SS
SSII
LBII
KoF'99
KoF'2k

NGH unit, 3 controllers

2 NGP's with 12 games
1 kickass 10" Mai Action fig :(
Lots of other collectables
ALL OF MY FUCKING SNK TRADING CARDS.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Sorry to hear about your woes bhm :(
At least you seem to have retained your sense of humour and above all else didnt get fried in the fire along with the fish :(, life goes on, time to rebuild.