Silk Road online marketplace

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Never heard of it.

How do you get your goods? Through the mail seems too risky, but I suppose if you had a drop box at a shipping place and signed up with a fake identity you'd be golden.

I'm not sure the risk is worth the reward.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
yup. I buy bitcoin with my spare $$ and unfortunately a lot of people associate bitcoin with silkroad due to it being the preferred non-fiat medium for trade. It's legit, although I hear it has it's share of honeypots and scammers.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
A buddy of mine uses silk road for questionable goods, but has never had an issue with receiving product at a dropbox.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
It's the only way to buy pot anymore, no longer have to go to some of the shadier parts of town or talk to high schoolers.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
It's the only way to buy pot anymore, no longer have to go to some of the shadier parts of town or talk to high schoolers.

why don't you just go to the dispensary? ooooooh wait.... FL. I don't partake, but 99 percent of the people I know who smoke have their medical weed cards. I watched my brother fill out a "pain log" for 2 weeks and that was it. Then, just walk into a store and buy it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
why don't you just go to the dispensary? ooooooh wait.... FL. I don't partake, but 99 percent of the people I know who smoke have their medical weed cards. I watched my brother fill out a "pain log" for 2 weeks and that was it. Then, just walk into a store and buy it.

We don't have that luxury here.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
There are more dispensaries here than McDonald's.

Edit: On a side note Tor browser sounds interesting, haven't heard of it before.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Medical Marijuana is a joke.

Just legalize the damn shit, get the hemp industry going again.

Marek

Banned
:qcb:
It's legit, although I hear it has it's share of honeypots and scammers.

Scammers, yes. Honeypots, no.

Do your research.

Bitcoins represent freedom in essential form :)

edit: Silk Road is the best thing that ever happened to "dangerous" drugs too. The potency is peer reviewed and every major vendor has their stuff reagent tested. In most cases you know EXACTLY what you're getting.

Just feel like sayin that Ive never used it personally but Ive dug through their forums and know lots of people who are happy customers of the Silk Road, even met some who order things off there by the kilo. Can you imagine? Its insane.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sounds like it's been shut down since the start of this month.

Marek

Banned
Sounds like it's been shut down since the start of this month.

Probably an outage. edit: Oh right some government (I would imagine) is DDoS-ing them.

It happens periodically. Sometimes for weeks.

I highly doubt they have been compromised.

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I buy bitcoin with my spare $$ and unfortunately a lot of people associate bitcoin with silkroad due to it being the preferred non-fiat medium for trade

so bitcoin is a new form of online currency, with its own exchange rates and whatnot?

how to do you get it? is there a site just like paypal or something?

i'm seriously fascinated by this whole thing

but i'm glad something like wasn't around when i was younger or i'd be broke, dead, or both

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
Probably an outage. edit: Oh right some government (I would imagine) is DDoS-ing them.

It happens periodically. Sometimes for weeks.

I highly doubt they have been compromised.

site is up, you just gotta make sure you are using the tor browser, the url does not work in any other browser. I signed up after reading this thread, pretty crazy that u can buy any drug on there. might give it a try next time im trying to pick up.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
so bitcoin is a new form of online currency, with its own exchange rates and whatnot?

how to do you get it? is there a site just like paypal or something?

i'm seriously fascinated by this whole thing

but i'm glad something like wasn't around when i was younger or i'd be broke, dead, or both

Bitcoin has been around for awhile... it's an open source decentralized currency. It has it's own exchange rate but is probably not good for investment as it is very volatile. Plenty of good videos and articles about how it works and how to use it. It's not *really* that anonymous unless you take steps to make it that way. Bitcoin is very similar to cash as opposed to cedit cards. Transactions are not reversible... so no go with paypal. I'm not going to go into mining it, but for normal people there are several websites you can convert regular money to bitcoin. I have used Coinbase many times and it's pretty good.

An easier option would be to sell something and have that person pay you in bitcoin.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
site is up, you just gotta make sure you are using the tor browser, the url does not work in any other browser. I signed up after reading this thread, pretty crazy that u can buy any drug on there. might give it a try next time im trying to pick up.

Maybe not the brightest idea to post that in an indexed part of the forum huh. Fed (and International agencies) uses Silk Road to bust people all the time.

As for certain onions being "down" its because DDoS does happen on TOR but since its all shared, the entire network can end up getting slow as hell. But just because you can't get to one onion, it doesn't mean that is the one getting hit. Also, all onions are kept on regular webservers just like a web site in the WWW, so if they are getting hit on the "outside" that will be reflected in the onion network as well.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Bitcoin has been around for awhile... it's an open source decentralized currency. It has it's own exchange rate but is probably not good for investment as it is very volatile. Plenty of good videos and articles about how it works and how to use it. It's not *really* that anonymous unless you take steps to make it that way. Bitcoin is very similar to cash as opposed to cedit cards. Transactions are not reversible... so no go with paypal. I'm not going to go into mining it, but for normal people there are several websites you can convert regular money to bitcoin. I have used Coinbase many times and it's pretty good.

An easier option would be to sell something and have that person pay you in bitcoin.

thanks for the information

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I was just reading about this on reddit earlier, I too find it very intriguing. I don't really partake in anything these days but the fact that people can do this is amazing. It makes sense when you think about it, how much mail could they possibly check? And will police really care enough about incredibly small amounts of anything to go after everyone involved? I don't see how it would be possible.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

Thanks for the heads up.

Marek

Banned
to date theres been 1 silk road arrest, a dealer in Australia selling kilos to narcs

You are utterly incorrect. http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-02/01/silk-road-crackdown lol selling kilos really?

I believe his silk road account was unrelated to his arrest but made the press anyway. They simply took interest in his odd mail at customs and it turns out he was a big time local hustler.

edit: Plus that's not how it works on Silk Road anyway. A narc buyer couldnt fuck with anyone because all the packages come from false names/companies/addresses. A honeypot narc seller, however, is what everyone is afraid of, since a large percent of Silk Road users get things sent right to their houses.

Do you see what Im getting at here? Somebody selling kilos to narcs? The seller would have had to TOTALLY compromise his identity on the site to be busted by them on the Road.

Last edited: