SHMUP of the Month: Castle Shikigami 2

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Shmups aren't meant to be fun Mugi, it's all about grueling hard work ;)
Don't forget to use those bombs (that goes for you and Panda).

Also, anyone know what default is for extends? I want to make sure mine are set correctly. Thanks!

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I gotta pop this into my PS2, haven't played it in years. The English dubbing sounds like you're hearing half of a telephone conversation. "Kicking your butts!!" "To win, I must be gorgeous!" What I hated the most is that people couldn't look past the horrible dubbing and didn't play the actual game to find out it's not that bad.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'm going to rotate the blast tomorrow to get into this, hopefully.

Was working on the other cabs this weekend getting a lot of backed up work and maintenance done, finally. Almost ready to have some people over to play these damn things.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
codecrank - 1,102,060,890 - Stage 3-1 - Kohtaro Kuga - Naomi

8354882603_bc183f41bb_z.jpg

So.. since I have he JP version, can someone tell me what it's saying when you get to boss 3-1 ??

Last edited:

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Never heard of this game until now but it looks really cool.

I'm looking to pick it up for the Dreamcast. What type of price should I be looking at? Also....does this game work in VGA? Anyone want to sell me their DC copy??..lol..Thanks

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Yeah, being a 3D naomi game (think Ikaruga, Gigawing2, ZeroGunner2, etc) VGA will work very well. It's the older cps2 sprite based games that aren't always VGA compatible.
I'm guessing that it's around the $50 range for DC, or you could get the US PS2 ver for $10-ish (both have Tate mode).

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yeah, being a 3D naomi game (think Ikaruga, Gigawing2, ZeroGunner2, etc) VGA will work very well. It's the older cps2 sprite based games that aren't always VGA compatible.
I'm guessing that it's around the $50 range for DC, or you could get the US PS2 ver for $10-ish (both have Tate mode).

Thx Chem. Glad to hear VGA is a go. Currently the cheapest price I'm finding it for is around 80 bucks total shipped (actually 84 through Ebay). It looks cool, but it sounds like I'd be overpaying at that price.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Also, anyone know what default is for extends? I want to make sure mine are set correctly. Thanks!

1st extend 400,000,000 then every 700,000,000 (so 2nd extend is 1.1bil)

My best so far this month:

skate323k137 - 1,580,970,800 - 4-1 - Kim-2 - NAOMI

shikiscore.jpeg

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Sorry for the double post, can't edit...

skate323k137 - 1,961,840,840 - 5-1 - Kim-2 - NAOMI

shiki5-1.jpg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
You play STGs, sk8, and can take a ribbing.

Hope you stick around, man.

Back on topic...I'm too chickenshit to tate Windy's monitor...so, I'll prolly supergun the NAOMI into my bedroom tv, after I've dragged it into the cab's closet.

My score will be the worst...but a pic of my ridiculoid way of playing it will be 1st place!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
My score will be the worst...

you just try to outdo me for the lowest score.........................:very_ang:

edit: damn skate! can't believe you got that score with Kim, I can't use that dood:(

skate323k137

10 Year Member
You play STGs, sk8, and can take a ribbing.

Hope you stick around, man.

Back on topic...I'm too chickenshit to tate Windy's monitor...so, I'll prolly supergun the NAOMI into my bedroom tv, after I've dragged it into the cab's closet.

My score will be the worst...but a pic of my ridiculoid way of playing it will be 1st place!

Thanks, I'm not going anywhere. This name is fucking hilarious. Plus, I kinda asked for it.

I have a few ridiculous rigs myself, nothing wrong with that. You don't have an old VGA monitor sitting around? I have a few old CRT's that I picked up for free, one mainly stays tate for my NAOMI since I don't have the desire to lug cabs into my apartment.

you just try to outdo me for the lowest score.........................:very_ang:

edit: damn skate! can't believe you got that score with Kim, I can't use that dood:(

That's just who I started playing this game with years back, and so I'm sticking with what I know. I haven't really played this in a few years until it showed up as shmup of the month on racketboy and here. I can score better on the first 2 or 3 stages with kuga, but after that I'm screwed. The boss fights are way easier with kim's 2nd type; you can park your shiki weapon right on the boss, and a couple of the bosses don't even get a bullet out in some of their phases.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
I can score better on the first 2 or 3 stages with kuga, but after that I'm screwed.

same here, I made it the farthest along with the card tossing winch , but since she can't score worth a crap , my best score is with kuga.

controlling the rotation of the shiki weapon is tricky, seems like it's always "pointing" in the opposite direction of the joystick.

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
This game is pretty cool. I'm playing the dreamcast version. How much does a Naomi setup go for these days?

JEP - 1,393,537,440 - 4-1 - Kotaro - DC

skate323k137

10 Year Member
NAOMI prices have been all over the place lately. I got mine a couple of years ago, and since then, netdimms seem cheaper, and capcom I/O's seem more expensive. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a naomi 1 motherboard. Determining cost factor is definitely finding a cheap I/O, especially if you want a JAMMA I/O. I try to keep tabs on stuff over on sega-naomi, but that forum isn't too active anymore aside from the marketplace.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
This game is pretty cool. I'm playing the dreamcast version. How much does a Naomi setup go for these days?

about 250 for either a netdimm or gd-rom setup.

50 for a mobo, 40 for the sega io , 100-150 for a netdimm or GD-rom drive , 25 for a psu, 25 amp.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Yay ! back in the top 3 :D

codecrank - 1,769,949,110 - Stage 4-1 - Kohtaro Kuga - Naomi

8371939152_ff491e26b1_z.jpg

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I was all excited to play this and get into this, but this month is just a nightmare for me with work and life and shit. Hopefully next month I'll be back in the swing of things

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Put in one run before bed. I hit stage 3 and I'm just too tired to be able to pay attention.

Kim-2 528,161,460 3-1 PS2
img20130112001327.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Barely hitting 800 mil for the time being. If I ever manage to get a pic uploaded with my connection, that is.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
when I first played this game a couple years ago, I was playing for survival and I kinda liked it. Now that I'm playing for score, I'm downright loathing just turning it on. I told my wife about this contest and even though she doesn't play shumps, she gave it a try and has done better than me so far at this game:lolz: We take turns on our runs, one person plays shiki, and the other plays a 5 min game of Soldier Blade, she didn't like that one much at first either, but it really grew on her.