SHMUP of the Month: 1/14= Zed Blade

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Hi All,

Here it is...get those scores in!! Thanks again to EM, for the assist on this month's grand prize.

Some morsels about the developer of this month's game:
http://translate.googleusercontent....mk.htm&usg=ALkJrhgr6k77YTU2lU2Ur35-SlDb2syX9g
ebuvy2er.jpg

Since emu is pretty spot on for neo, across many platforms (mame/FBA/Coinops/et al) just a name/score/level submission is fine...feel free to include the modality of your play, if you like. MVS (4) difficulty settings, please. Auto fire allowed.

Side game will be StarSoldier R 2min for Wii.

Thanks for playing!

e3e5emep.jpg

ra6e8upe.jpg

a5everer.jpg

bu7adyze.jpg

Last edited:

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
So what is the advantage of picking the slower ships? I've never played the game until a few tries last night, and I can't really tell. Are their weapons stronger? Is the bomb different?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Autofire on or off?

An insane fire-rate is mandatory for scoring in the scenery milking portions of the game. A strong fire-rate can be mantained manually, but the auto fire rule should be established right from the get go here.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Autofire on or off?

An insane fire-rate is mandatory for scoring in the scenery milking portions of the game. A strong fire-rate can be mantained manually, but the auto fire rule should be established right from the get go here.

Good point.

Auto fire is allowed...I know I'll be using it. OP updated.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
If ZB is on the 161 in 1, I'm in!

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
The firts stage is killing my forearm, still with a miserable result :(

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
lets get this started !

cc - 773,920 - stage 4 - mame

11758635704_3dfa1f5c38_c.jpg

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
@ ebinsugewa

I think i might be missing something here:
The auto fire is enabled by default, but still, you have to tap the fire button like crazy if you want to shoot fast enough to score.

And AFAIK there is no other option on the game menu (just checked)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Uni bios &/ or emu auto fire here.

Not sure if vanilla carts in a neo machine has auto fire selectable via dips or not.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
mjmjr25 - 676,850 - mjmjr25 - stage 3 - MVS

Spoiler:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
ok, once again i must be missing something or you guys are mistaken:

EVEN if you enable autofire in unibios (just tried it) you have the same fire power, it makes no change. If you want to score big time, specially in the first stage, you have to mash the fire button fast as hell all the time.

Maybe (i sincerely don't know) MAME has some other kind of autofire "cheat" to achieve the same "rapid fire" function, if so, this should not be allowed, because it's not fair.

Last edited:

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
I'll be joining in for some Zed Blade! I'll be emulating on FBA as I don't own the cart.

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
ZedBlade_jeneki_1529650_zps6d079b7a.jpg

Jeneki - 1,529,650 - Uncle Beard - Stage 5 - MVS(4)

I don't see autofire in the soft dip settings. So yeah, may switch to mame if we really want to get crazy.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I don't see autofire in the soft dip settings. So yeah, may switch to mame if we really want to get crazy.

As stated before, you have this option in the Unibios but that does not affect your shoot in any way.

I'm still waiting to someone to confirm if there is a way to make your shooting speed faster on MAME.

Anyway, need to practice this...

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Ah ok. I haven't stuck a unibios in my cab yet.

Mame autofire (or lack of) may depend on which version of mame you are using. I currently use shmupmame 4.2, which has autofire frequency in the in-game menu. I can test out this specific game tonight to see how my score compares to button mashing.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
played a round in between studying this evening, not a great run, but just wanted to get on the board (even if just to be at the bottom lol)

Mugicha - 394,920 - Ms. Charlotte - Stage 3 - MVS

I currently use shmupmame 4.2

apologies for the off-topic, but have you tried playing Ibara with that? does it run ok? I've been really wanting to play that again, it's not on my rahmzboxx, and I can't afford the ps2 or pcb. I tried it in a mame a while ago, and sound was off + bad slowdown.

once again I'll keep this OT brief, I promise :)

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Practiced a bit yesterday and I'm finally really getting the hang of this game. Did my best run so far today after work. :-J

Beelzebub - 1,267,400 - Mr. Beard - Stage 5 - MVS

Spoiler:
6aqk.png

Last edited: