Secret Bosses in Metal Slug 5???? (Pics inside)

MSRdude

Super Sidekicks 3
man, i give up. i tried everything to find the secret bosses, and nothin. Rumors suck (I'm guessing on that)

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
I found the 'evil' slug sub boss in the test menus. That slug is pretty tough and strong. You can tell that they didn't finish programming the boss fighting pattern, though. Once it goes up to the top level it never comes down. It just shoots its lazer beam and trys to hit you with its machine gun. It would have been quite easy to leave this sub boss in, I wonder why snkp chose not to.

MSRdude

Super Sidekicks 3
yea i no that

im sayin that i found the turtle and the shaman in the debug menu, but cant fight it. same when playin the actual game. im tryin to find a way to fight them instead of looking at their masturpiece

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ajk1080 said:
I found the 'evil' slug sub boss in the test menus. That slug is pretty tough and strong. You can tell that they didn't finish programming the boss fighting pattern, though. Once it goes up to the top level it never comes down. It just shoots its lazer beam and trys to hit you with its machine gun. It would have been quite easy to leave this sub boss in, I wonder why snkp chose not to.

You can get to this sub boss, its just a bit tricky, when you come up the stairs it looks as if you can go left, you can, but you have to go right a little first then head back the other way.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
whoa.....you mean the 'evil slug' is in the main game to battle??? Is the pattern better than the test menu? Does it fight on both levels or the bottom for a brief time then when it goes to the top it never comes down? Is there a place that I can go to see where MS5 'branches' out. I'm sure there are paths that I have missed. Im gunna go try to fight the 'evil'slug' in-game now.....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fakk2 said:
yes, the evil slug is playable in game on the first level. It was going to be on the middle of Stage 3 though....till they scrapped yet another great idea and went for putting it in Stage 1 instead like idiots that Playmore is.

Umm proof?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
Umm proof?

In the temple you go left instead of right at one point and fight the evil slug. You cant play as him obviously.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
In the temple you go left instead of right at one point and fight the evil slug. You cant play as him obviously.

I thought he meant playable as in, can fight against him in the regular game, not necessarily use it.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Fakk2 said:
yes, the evil slug is playable in game on the first level. It was going to be on the middle of Stage 3 though....till they scrapped yet another great idea and went for putting it in Stage 1 instead like idiots that Playmore is.

100% FALSE

that's just a test level to fight the black slug for the programmers. not the original location of the black slug.

Atomiswave

Zero's Secretary
this is SUCH an interesting thread...weird how they left stuff in, i wish someone would crack this secret.if it is one..

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Fakk2 said:
yep everything I say is 100% false, thats why we got Setsuna here, to tell us everything about the game. :lol:

well, belzeebubble and dash no chris can confirm my statment that you are wrong.

the exact location of the black slug is exactly where it is in the final.

please, if belze or chris can read that, please post the confirmation (without revealing too much ;))

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Are there any truly hidden hostages in this game? I have not found a single one, and I do not believe its possible to get the Great bonus on Mission's 2 or 5

Setsuna1982

World Her,
lithy said:
Are there any truly hidden hostages in this game? I have not found a single one, and I do not believe its possible to get the Great bonus on Mission's 2 or 5

yes there are. Example...

Mission 1, the scene where the first path selection is.
just when you collide with the first platform (where the mudmans are) shoot the head of the statue in the background (you should backtrack a bit)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Setsuna1982 said:
yes there are. Example...

Mission 1, the scene where the first path selection is.
just when you collide with the first platform (where the mudmans are) shoot the head of the statue in the background (you should backtrack a bit)

Cool but what's weird is that brings my max for Mission 1 to 21, while Mission 2 I think is 7 maybe 8 but I know its under 10. Well back to looking :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
More questions

Does shooting the support for the Slug Gunner, causing it to fall down in Mission 2 do anything other than add score?

Does getting all the rats do anything besides score?

Does killing the general guys that appear sometimes do anything again besides score?

MSRdude

Super Sidekicks 3
no rats and generals does nothing but give u skore. (score) well, Setsuna is a pro on this, and ur not FAAK2. so we can believe u, but can't believe much

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Fakk2 said:
unless you helped make metal slug 5 Setsuna, everything you say about the game is pure opinion on your part, and nothing more. My opinions are just as good as yours. You can stand around all day saying Im wrong but once again, prove what Im saying is wrong or stop saying Im wrong unless you can back it up. :D ok

kid, i'll made a brand new topic for you where you can say "ok setsuna. you were right" :rolleyes:

when i make an statement it's because it's 100% confirmed.

When something is not 100% i say "it probably..." or "perhaps...".

The black slug WAS intended to be in that exact place.

I don't work at playmore's headquarters but i have common sense, knowledge and the game have lots of debug info in addition of the "sprite editor".

Last edited: