SCART to RGB YPbPr YUV Component Video Converter sync problems?

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I got one of these SCART to RGB YPbPr YUV Component Video Converter on ebay. I hooked my AES up to it with a scart cable and the picture is fantastic. Problem is when a game flashes the screen it looks like it looses sync and goes black for a second.

Examples would be when a new batter is up in Baseball Stars 2. Or when the 2 doors fly out at you in the 1st level on Metal Slug X. Prehistorical Isle 2 near the start of level one where the 1st large flying yellow reptile breathes fire at you....

What causes that? Is there something I can do to the signal from the Neo to prevent it?

Finally has anyone used a scart to component or better yet scart to hdmi with the Neo and had no issues? What model converter ? (link?)

Here is what I have:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-SCART-RGB-...448?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3362ac07c8

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
IF I may ask, what type of tv do you have? A lot of HDTVs do not play nice with 240p, especially neo geo's non standard refresh rate.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
One is a Sony KDL55HX800 and the other is a 37" LG lcd. I actually don't own a CRT with component inputs anymore....
The picture is nice and solid on both. It looks even better than the AES through the XRGB, its just this blacking out issue... Anyway the LG blacks out less often than the Sony.

I thought I remembered a post recently someones MVS arcade monitor was doing the same thing after winning a round in one of the King of Fighters. The bright flash effect made the monitor drop the picture for a second....

I'm interested to hear if others use a similar device with good results.. I'm going to stop by a local Salvation Army store and see if I can score an inexpensive CRT with component inputs...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If it's an older AES you need to change the cap and resistor combo to 470uf and 75ohm. Just change the one for composite out.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
If it's an older AES you need to change the cap and resistor combo to 470uf and 75ohm. Just change the one for composite out.

Thank you! Happen to know what they are labeled or have a pic showing them? My Neo is the 1st version.

Also my Neo has a switch to select c-sync or composite. the device works better with c-sync selected..
Would I need to replace a cap / resistor combo for both?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
You might as well change all five capacitors while you're in there. There should be 5x 100uf capacitors next to a row of 68ohm resistors right next to the a/v out. Swap out those parts with the ones Xian_Xi mentioned.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I replaced the cap / resistor for the c-sync and composite lines that go to my toggle switch and it works GREAT now.
Man, it looks fantastic with this device.

Thanks so much , I'm really happy....

I purchased the same exact adapter recently and I'm using a XRGB SCART cable, rewired to Euro. I've had no issues with my KoF games and the picture looks fantastic. No complaints with that particular converter.

I've tried using a Sony WEGA 27" CRT as well as a Samsung 52" projection HDTV. The console will not play on my LG 42" LCD TV.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I purchased the same exact adapter recently and I'm using a XRGB SCART cable, rewired to Euro. I've had no issues with my KoF games and the picture looks fantastic. No complaints with that particular converter.

I've tried using a Sony WEGA 27" CRT as well as a Samsung 52" projection HDTV. The console will not play on my LG 42" LCD TV.

Since I made the changes to the composite and c-sync lines the Neo and this device works on all of my TVs with no issue. Including my LG 37"...

Is your Neo a later revision model? I'm guess by Xian Xi's comment in his reply, "If it's an older AES", that the newer ones don't have the issue I was seeing....

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
To elaborate, only revision 3-5 and 3-6 has the "proper" resistor/cap combo according to Sony's specs.