Rate It!!: WindJammers Edition

Rate It!!: WindJammers

• Total voters

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
They should really have this game in EVO.

I think Daigo vs Justin would be very interesting....lol

You never know. Usually someone brings a MVS setup with titles of interest for casuals and side tournaments. If it got popular over 2DF, I could see things happening.

C

Celestial

THIS GAME IS AMAZING i love this game its so much fun. Its one of those games where you play now and dont give a crap about graphics, its just so much fun

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 for me, by far my favorite neo game, the first game I purchased when I got a cab and has never left it. I agree that two player is the tops.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Love this game! - so do my friends - a lot of people refuse to play on my cab against me cuz they hate to lose every time in vs fighters!

wolmar

n00b
Greay game, one of my all time fav. By the way, I'm strongly searching for players to challenge in this game, on ggpo or supercade. Let me tease you a bit : when 2df was still there, I used to be #1 during all the ranking era, and no one EVER beat me there. Best challenger I had was BBH. C'mon !!

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
I gave it a 9. It deserves a 9 when played 2 players. The only thing I dont like is the time limit is TOO short for one round of the game. Other then that the game kicks ass! :buttrock:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I gave it a 9. It deserves a 9 when played 2 players. The only thing I dont like is the time limit is TOO short for one round of the game. Other then that the game kicks ass! :buttrock:

Change the time limit. I usually play it in Japan mode.

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
this is the reason i own a neo lol, i have so many fond memories playing this game with my brother and my friends. its my favorite neo geo game hands down, it gets a solid 10. why the hell is this not on xbox live arcade:very_ang:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Change the time limit. I usually play it in Japan mode.

What's the time limit in Japan mode, for those of us who are anti-unibios? I've always felt the same way about the time being too short.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What's the time limit in Japan mode, for those of us who are anti-unibios? I've always felt the same way about the time being too short.

If US is 30 seconds I think Japan is either 45 or 60 but I think 45. And I think the score limit might increase as well to 15. I haven't played it in a while since the 1p sucks.

noCLip

Camel Slug
This game is the reason i bought a neo geo mvs arcade machine! I love it, it is awesome, and up the time to 99 seconds and play against a good human opponent, and it is just epic! 10/10
sequel!!

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
lol- I should hope not. This game is wonderful!

That being said- isn't there a remake of this game floating around somewhere?

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Since I got the hang of Windjammers now, I enjoy it even more! Wish I could change my vote to 10 now!

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
I gave it a 7. It's fun once I remember to play it now and then, but you really do have to play 2 player, single player gets repetitive.

wolmar

n00b
Please can someone answer me ? Are there tourneys of this game pr well known plaers AND is there someone to play with here, I'm searching for very strong opponents ! Thanx.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Oh yeah, 10 points are for multi player mode.

It's good for arcade parties when you have the people that aren't into shooters and fighters. I have Wind Jammers in my 2-slot with Magical Drop 3. I switch to MD after I get too drunk for fighters.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
This game used to be so popular that the mall I hung out at growing up had a rear projection 60" (or so) screen that Windjammers was on. It was great, I can remember lining up my quarter for almost half an hour sometimes to get my turn. There would be huge crowds around the machine, it was as popular as Street Fighter at the time.

They also had SSII on a matching cab next to it. Damn...I miss those days, badly :(

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I thought Windjammers was cool when I saw it in the arcades back in the day. But I don't think I'm qualified to rate it now, since I just never got into the game.