PSVR2

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone get one? Worth it (*coughnoobviously*)?

I have a Meta Quest 2 which I affectionately refer to as the Beat Saber machine. Got it before the price increase so it wasn't THAT much of a waste.

Horizon looks sort of cool but not $550 out of my pocket cool. Educated numbers showing that it's selling like ET on Atari or probably less, come to think of it.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I'm really surprised Sony even released it. There's almost no demand for it, all the VR goobers are diehard PC people. This is essentially a product for no-one. Cords or not no sane person wants to sit around with this junk strapped on their head.

I had the first one and used it for maybe a total of 10 hours. Sold that shit asap.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I got it. Thoughts below. Keep in mind the only other VR device I tried is the PSVR1:

- Having a single USB-C wire doesn't only eliminate the cluster fuck of a clutter that came with PSVR1, but also the hassle that came with connecting / disconnecting the headset each time you want to play. Now it's as easy as connecting a wired controller.

- Charging the controllers can be a hassle (unless you get a charging dock, which is sold seperately). Their battery runs out quickly too

- The see-through and eye tracking features felt wicked the first time I experienced them while setting up the device.

- Controller movements are smooth and accurate. No more De-sync issues. The cameras for tracking the controllers are on the headset now, so you can move freely without worrying about leaving the sensors field / area

- Games incorporate physically moving around in their gameplay more now

- Some games allow free movement using the left analog stick (such as RE8). These still cause me severe motion sickness / nausea

- The headset is lighter

- The image quality is not as sharp / bright as I keep hearing, but that's probably due to how accurately you need to place the headset on your head. Even a slight movement may affect the image quality. It's still leagues better than the PSVR1 though.

Games I tried:

Pistol Whip
RE8
What the Bat
Tentacular
Kayak VR
Rez

Haven't tried Horizon or GT7 yet.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I'm really surprised Sony even released it. There's almost no demand for it, all the VR goobers are diehard PC people. This is essentially a product for no-one. Cords or not no sane person wants to sit around with this junk strapped on their head.

I had the first one and used it for maybe a total of 10 hours. Sold that shit asap.
I enjoyed RE4 in VR… I’d be the first to defend VR but after a while even I got tired of it. Making room and strapping shit to your face is too much of a commitment for gaming IMO, its only sustainable on the novelty phase.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm glad they are still VR, but the price is challenging for the casual gamer.

If you need something other than Beat Saber for any of your VR headsets, I can highly recommend Walkabout Golf. It's a low poly mini golf game with some very fun themes to the maps. The putting physics feels great. Only complaint is the putt is too reliable, e.g. no ball breaking as in real life.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
It's still not possible to play PSVR1 games on this, is it?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Cough noobviously!
That’s how I originally read that in the OP.
Carry on.
Also the original psvr was pretty lame, so i am also surprised they made a new one.