Power Rangers Movie (2017)

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
VR Troopers are still waiting for their shot at the big time :keke: -

I vaguely remember this series. I think it was out around the same time I was watching this kinda stuff, but I don't think I ever really got into it. For some reason I think it may have been on a channel we didn't get. Where we were at, we had like different Fox stations with different program lineups.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
QoeaPPB.jpg

Y8CDHG9.jpg

PsCh53i.jpg

AC7naUu.jpg

vBdD160.jpg

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Post credit scene:

Rita repulsa is licking her wounds (figuratively) and discussing her next plan.. Zoom out and there's the green dragonzord flute

*insidious laughter*

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Zyuranger is the show that Mighty Morphin is based upon is one of the most unpopular sentai series in Asia. I can't imagine what they think when they see things like this.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I grew up with the Power Rangers and loved them, though I never got into the sequel things but I liked the movie too. I had a lot of the toys, had a crush on Amy Jo Johnson and Tommy (white/green ranger).

that being said i want nothing to do with this shit

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I always thought they said "They're gonna F it up" and was kind of shocked as a kid.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
So the black guy is now the blue ranger, how PC

Still prefer this

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'll say this...PR was after my time. When it came out, I was in high school and too "cool" for that kid's shit.

Now...with that said, that trailer showed more potential than what they did to my childhood loves, which were Transformers and GI Joe.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Now the real question is:

Will the movie have new versions of Bulk and Skull?

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
It's funny VR troopers and Beetleborgs have also been mentioned as to my knowledge both those shows were also made with re edited footage from Super Sentai, same with Masked Rider doing Kamen Rider

Just about every Saban show that aired in the US did this.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
They're still doing this. I guess it's cheap and effective.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I can understand that a Power Ranger movie styled after the colorful cheesiness of the original show would not likely have a mass appeal in theaters, but when every reboot of an 80's - 90's franchise is made grittier I have to wonder who the target audience even is. The tone of the trailer doesn't resemble the original show in the least so that rules out nostalgia for older fans. On the other hand, the darker tone doesn't seem aimed at children either. If this new tone does appeal to someone, I would have to wonder if they even liked the original show at all.

I completely understand the motivation behind the attempted rerelease of an IP that was previously successful. Many products from music to toys can possess a mass appeal that can cross multiple generations if handled correctly. Batman and The Shadow are extremely similar, yet marketing and the ability to constantly update a character to match the tastes of the era have allowed Batman to become a household name while The Shadow's biggest recent moment in the public spotlight involved a failed movie and toyline in the 90's.

A reboot is just that, an attempt to start over in the hopes of recreating or surpassing the monetary success of the original incarnation of the property. It doesn't matter if the reboot attempt appeals to the older/original audience, just as long as it is profitable (see the Transformers films or the 1960's Batman television show). I just can't figure out who this Power Ranger film is targeting. Many self-professed Power Ranger fans in this thread have stated their own disinterest in this movie and the tone seems much darker than the existing audience for the show that is presently on air. That alone signifies that this film has missed the mark on at least some level I would think.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
trailer reminded me a bit of the movie Chronicle that came out a few years ago. I really like PR as a kid, but only watched the first series. I'm interested, but not holding my breath

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
trailer reminded me a bit of the movie Chronicle that came out a few years ago. I really like PR as a kid, but only watched the first series. I'm interested, but not holding my breath

Yeah, totally reminded me of Chronicle from the trailer. This thing is going to be a 200% clusterfuck. I totally get why the show appealed to kids in the mid-to-late 90s (it was big and loud and dumb in all the right ways) but making a serious movie based off a re-dub of a Japanese kids show is like the most bizarre executive decision ever. What's the audience for this?

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Looks like shit, they should have made the James Van Der Beek version.

Also, Pacific Rim is pretty much a Power Rangers movie. The only difference is this will have them pointlessly doing back flips before hopping in their Mechs to kill the monster(s).