Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
Finally got some good Genesis games. Really enjoying Bloodlines right now

f8V3csBl.jpg

x0VZ37wl.jpg

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
Bloodlines is the SHIT! Seriously, that game was the game that forced me to buy a Genesis. Everything else was just gravy.

I'm really impressed with it so far. I'd never really played it before (never did much Genesis over the years).

The Greece level was pretty awesome.

The sfx are hilariously bad, which is a good thing in my book at this point :)

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet

I was going to get one of these and come to find out they are now discontinued and the one that replaces it is $309! Having a hard time justifying the purchase of one now...... Also got a rather rude lesson about how to pronounce hakko. Its Hawk-co not hack-co, boy are they pissy about the pronunciation lol

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
I'm really impressed with it so far. I'd never really played it before (never did much Genesis over the years).

The Greece level was pretty awesome.

The sfx are hilariously bad, which is a good thing in my book at this point :)

How is the "vampire killer" tune on the genesis ?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The music in Bloodlines is awesome as long as you have a model of Genesis with good sound.

Neo CD hauls! Too lazy to take a pic:

Metal Slug 2
Nam 1975
Top Hunter
World Heroes 2 Jet
Kabuki Klash

FreedomGundam

New Challenger
Siiii~ick.

I've just asked a friend in the US (who's coming up to visit at the end of the month) to pick one up at Amazon for me. It's stupid how Amazon.com's listing for the Hakko 808 is over $100 cheaper than the same item listed on Amazon.ca.

I'll be honest, I'm a little concerned to know if he'll have any difficulty at airport security bringing that on his carry-on...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Bloodlines is the SHIT! Seriously, that game was the game that forced me to buy a Genesis. Everything else was just gravy.

I actually prefer playing Bloodlines over Snes Dracula X. Rondo of Blood is a different story.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Not really a purchase but I came into possession of a Neo Geo X thanks to Nitsunto. Helps ward off MVS withdrawal and boredom while working late at night. IMG_6400.jpg

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
Not really a purchase but I came into possession of a Neo Geo X thanks to Nitsunto. Helps ward off MVS withdrawal and boredom while working late at night.

Man, that's a pretty cool phone headset. What's it like working at the Dell call center?

@city41: NICE gets man!! Gunstar Heroes alone is worth buying a Genny.

Yesterday in the mail I received MANY things! Some random carts, and an Xbox copy of SvCC courtesy of Mugicha (my hero lulz), which for some reason does not want to work on my 360. :(

Mr. Mort

Another Striker

Bloodlines is amazing. Bloodlines and Rondo of Blood are my favourite Casevania games. The music on Bloodlines was composed by the same person who did the music for SOTN. The second stage of Bloodlines (The Atlantis Shrine) has some of the best CV music ever composed.

Good choice on Gunstar Heroes too, another must-have in the Genesis library.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So I picked up a piece of kit that was recommended to me.
I got a Tandy 1000 for the special display and audio capabilities and still need to fiddle with the settings on the unit. So I know it's CGA graphics, but they still look nice.
05221833-4CDC-4997-89AD-A9544D6903B2.jpg
F30D8010-9235-4F25-860C-BE0EB2D0440F.jpg
8F572757-6BF2-4224-AC45-B0C84A2C8641.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My application has it converting a digital RGB signal coming out of the Tandy to BNC RGB and H/V Sync. Otherwise I would need a Tandy CGA monitor, which aren't cheap nowadays. :(

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Haha holy shit it works!

I know right? At first it was rolling real bad and I had to flip some dips on the back, but it also has jumpers internally that I need to fiddle with as well to accept the TGA output of the Tandy. But otherwise is nice and runs like a champ, thanks for the advice :D